Texas Fishing Forum

Any reports on Circleville/the steps?

Posted By: Texasaggies1

Any reports on Circleville/the steps? - 01/27/13 07:13 PM

I'm new to this board and still trying to figure everything out but I'm wanting to get down there next weekend. Don't know how the whites are running. Do any of y'all know?
Posted By: lenahorse

Re: Any reports on Circleville/the steps? - 01/27/13 07:28 PM

where is circleville?

Re: Any reports on Circleville/the steps? - 01/27/13 07:44 PM

Down by lake granger in Taylor. The San Gabriel river runs through there.
Posted By: mike r

Re: Any reports on Circleville/the steps? - 01/27/13 08:26 PM

Little early yet. Give it a couple more weeks. Mostly all if any are small.

Re: Any reports on Circleville/the steps? - 01/27/13 08:26 PM

Thanks for the report.
Posted By: snowyriver6

Re: Any reports on Circleville/the steps? - 01/28/13 02:32 AM

not yet. Crappie are coming up the creek at newmans bottom and granger. whites wont be far behind. Been catchig big whites at buchanan all month. They have eggs but they're not ready yet. They should be staging in a couple of weeks. As far as the steps, it aint like it use to be. Too many people and they fish it out quick and leave trash everywhere.
Posted By: WildEd

Re: Any reports on Circleville/the steps? - 01/28/13 07:40 PM

Are the whites even going to be able to get to Colorado Bend from Buchanan?
Posted By: mbsfish

Re: Any reports on Circleville/the steps? - 01/29/13 02:25 PM

Originally Posted By: wilded
Are the whites even going to be able to get to Colorado Bend from Buchanan?

No

Re: Any reports on Circleville/the steps? - 01/29/13 06:11 PM

When do yall think the whites will start running up there? Also the llano river last year above LBJ i killed the whites during mid March any one know if there up there yet or when they willl begin?
Posted By: ChaserWF

Re: Any reports on Circleville/the steps? - 01/29/13 06:42 PM

The steps are nothing like they used to be. I cannot belive how much trash is left behind. Very sad that some anglers do not resepect our privilages to fish at places like the steps. If I was the state of Texas I would close this area due to the fact it gets trashed every year. Please pick up your trash
Posted By: EllerTroy

Re: Any reports on Circleville/the steps? - 01/29/13 08:05 PM

Texasaggies1 where on the Llano river do you fish for whites. I have not been there but like to try it out sometime.

Re: Any reports on Circleville/the steps? - 01/29/13 11:33 PM

On the Llano, if you go through Kingsland and get on Ranch road 3404. You'll go right by the river, very shallow down there. You gotta walk toward the lake about 2 miles and they spawn all in there.
Posted By: DustinNTech

Re: Any reports on Circleville/the steps? - 02/01/13 11:00 PM

Originally Posted By: ChaserWF
The steps are nothing like they used to be. I cannot belive how much trash is left behind. Very sad that some anglers do not resepect our privilages to fish at places like the steps. If I was the state of Texas I would close this area due to the fact it gets trashed every year. Please pick up your trash

Unfortunately I'm a firm believer the reason they are trashed so much is because of them posted on forums. May not be all the people that post actively, but there are a ton of lurkers that try to take the easy way out and go where the internet tells them. Those are the ones that leave their trash every where.

I am only 24, but I tried to go back to a few fishing holes I went to when I was a kid and they are all filled with trash!
Posted By: bfs0078

Re: Any reports on Circleville/the steps? - 02/01/13 11:48 PM

Cant wait for the run to start. Might head out Sat night on a scouting trip further down river. Ask a GW why they get lots of pressure, No FL required from the bank in those areas.
Posted By: fishindude1973

Re: Any reports on Circleville/the steps? - 02/02/13 03:57 PM

I agree the trash is way out of hand. Some of the problem is there is no enforcement for littering and no trash cans. Nevertheless pack it, pack it out please. The biggest problem is the culture's of lack of respect for the environment. Texans are the trashiest fishermen Ive ever encountered. People have more respect for natural resources in the north but of course those same people are deemed "environmental extremists" Until there is fundamental change in the attitude of stewardship of our natural resources things will not change.
Posted By: LipRip

Re: Any reports on Circleville/the steps? - 02/02/13 05:05 PM

I personally don't think it is a north/south thing at all. I think it is a character thing. I have had the opportunity to fish in about 25 different states and Canada. You will find trashed out areas anywhere you have bank fisherman using live bait or just lazy jackwagons who refuse to pick up after themselves. I have seen this in northern states as well as Canada. I have found that bad character has no geographic boundaries. I have also found that "lazy" has no boundries either.I've seen some pretty trashed out areas in MI, IL, PA and just about every other state or Canadian province that I have been blessed enough to fish. It's a lazy jackwagon thing! Not a Texas thing!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum