Texas Fishing Forum

Say it ain't so!

Posted By: Jedi-Ninja

Say it ain't so! - 09/15/12 02:20 AM

Gonna miss one of my four favorite times of the year to fish--fall!! Was training for the next fight and tore my pec muscle off. Had surgery yesterday and gonna be in a sling for 6 weeks then 3 more months before I will be 100%. No Texoma topwater, no redfish run trip....sucks
Posted By: Dj Kaos

Re: Say it ain't so! - 09/15/12 03:19 AM

What you train in??

Re: Say it ain't so! - 09/15/12 03:49 AM

BJJ--Marcelo Garcia has an affiliate gym not to far from Mesquite and I think Carlos Machado does too. I train at Genesis and Aledo Fight Sport
Posted By: gborg

Re: Say it ain't so! - 09/15/12 12:52 PM

Sorry to hear @ the injury. Is dead sticking with finese jigs an option, a little early????

Re: Say it ain't so! - 09/15/12 01:06 PM

still a little early. Thanks for the suggestion though. Just doesn't look right having a morning this nice and my boat not hooked up to my truck. I hope to be better in time for late fall fishing and the NAGA Worlds.
Posted By: Demfishes

Re: Say it ain't so! - 09/15/12 02:10 PM

Let me know if you need anything brotha
Posted By: anton�

Re: Say it ain't so! - 09/15/12 02:25 PM

Originally Posted By: thenatural
Let me know if you need anything brotha

X2

Will be by to take a look at the Tarino soon

Re: Say it ain't so! - 09/15/12 04:10 PM

I was traing with Jeff henning under Allen moler. From Alliance, I see the Marcelo gym everyday, it's 2 min away from my job.

I'm a blue belt and stop after tearing my muscle in my arm and poppin my knee out twice.

Still miss it.
Posted By: Josh315

Re: Say it ain't so! - 09/15/12 05:10 PM

Holy [censored] Kaos whats up man I used to train with you. My brother and I were Jeff's guitar players. I had a blast at that place and learned a lot.

Re: Say it ain't so! - 09/15/12 05:42 PM

You and "Kenny jack"
Posted By: Josh315

Re: Say it ain't so! - 09/15/12 07:07 PM

Yes sir. Me and Kenny are about to head out and see if way can't slay some fish.lol

Re: Say it ain't so! - 09/15/12 07:40 PM

We're at?? I've been going to Hubbard Since its 10min from my house. How have you an your brother been.

Re: Say it ain't so! - 09/15/12 08:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Dj Kaos
I was traing with Jeff henning under Allen moler. From Alliance, I see the Marcelo gym everyday, it's 2 min away from my job.

I'm a blue belt and stop after tearing my muscle in my arm and poppin my knee out twice.

Still miss it.

I trained at Jeff's place last time I was in Mesquite. Great group of guys there. I still keep in contact with Richard Newman the FTO guy. Haven't been able to roll in over a week and it is killing me

Re: Say it ain't so! - 09/15/12 09:22 PM

How long ago?

Re: Say it ain't so! - 09/15/12 11:06 PM

Josh hit me up, I'm always fishing in weekends sat or sun

Re: Say it ain't so! - 09/16/12 12:30 AM

about 3 or 4 months ago--Richard is up at Machado's now.

Re: Say it ain't so! - 09/16/12 12:32 AM

Once I get back to where I can fish again you need to go out to T-wok or CC with us. I can fish and BS about BJJ all day

Re: Say it ain't so! - 09/16/12 02:13 AM

Lol me too, any time.
Posted By: hydrotherapy

Re: Say it ain't so! - 09/16/12 04:21 PM

That sucks man, sorry to hear that. I just finished round four of that nonsense this spring. Shoulder, knee, knee again, elbow. I spent more of the last three years in rehab than on the water or on the mat. Hope recovery goes smooth for you. Tony and Albert are great guys, and a few of my students from Stephenville go to Aledo to do gi work on occasion. Nice to know there are some other jiu-jitsu dudes who fish out there. Or is it fisherman who also roll? Hope I will see you at NAGA worlds in December, good luck with the rehab.

Re: Say it ain't so! - 09/16/12 05:52 PM

Yeah Sam and Nick come out and roll with us quite a bit. Sam is a good buddy of mine. I'm a fisherman who fell in love with training BJJ so fishing took a very close back seat. I would really like to compete at the NAGA. The last NAGA was my last tournament. I won Nogi and made a dumb mistake in the gold medal match of gi to basically choke myself out! Doah!

Re: Say it ain't so! - 09/17/12 12:32 AM

Im trying to get back into Juijitsu but bills won't go away. Other thing is if I can just find an open mat day that isn't during work hrs or early in the mornings.

I live in mesquite and Its hard to fit family time and fishing in a day. Mon-fri is 12hr work days and some classes start before I et out of work.

Any other schools anybody might know of??

Re: Say it ain't so! - 09/17/12 01:25 AM

Hey did you say you knew Richard Newman? He is training up at Machados and I think they have quite a few classes throughout the day. A lot of MMA places seem to be popping up but I don't know how good their BJJ training is. For a while I was training at lunch at Genesis--the monsters from Team Takedown were coming over there and rolling nogi--good times.

Re: Say it ain't so! - 09/17/12 01:49 AM

Don't think I know him. Were's his school at?? Area wise.

Re: Say it ain't so! - 09/17/12 01:58 AM

No he trained at Jeff's--he owns the company that make the Fear Tapping Out shirts.

Re: Say it ain't so! - 09/17/12 03:32 AM

I might I'm just bad on names but will remeber when I see people.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum