Texas Fishing Forum

1 0z. slabs

Posted By: Phantom Fisherman

1 0z. slabs - 07/18/12 12:03 PM

Lost my links to several slab vendors. Need to find some 1 oz white/chartreuse slabs. I need the long "prune picker" style. Can someone post up a link?

Thanks

Posted By: FishBeeLowMe

Re: 1 0z. slabs - 07/18/12 12:08 PM

http://www.moestackleshop.com/estore/category/3069

If your gona pay $ 3.00 ; Get 2 smile

Posted By: RSR Lures

Re: 1 0z. slabs - 07/18/12 01:00 PM

Got 'em for $2.00 with eyes painted on or $2.50 with the holographic decal.

Posted By: Yaffe (Jeff)

Re: 1 0z. slabs - 07/18/12 01:29 PM

Originally Posted By: SuperDuck

These are fish catching machines!!! I have a box full...get ya some

Posted By: gotreal formerly known as getreal

Re: 1 0z. slabs - 07/18/12 01:49 PM

yup rsrlures are the best. texas made, hand made. not shipped in from jersey. if you go cheap, u get what you pay for. yup

Posted By: PittState

Re: 1 0z. slabs - 07/18/12 04:21 PM

I'm with the "SuperDuck", if I am going to pay $3, I am going to get at least 2 slabs! During his sales, he can sometimes get 3 slabs for just over $3!

The fish don't care where they are made......

Re: 1 0z. slabs - 07/18/12 04:23 PM

This was just the other day. I have caught well over 10 limits of Hybrids on Lewisville this year with the "SuperDucks" lures. I love getting what I pay for!

Re: 1 0z. slabs - 07/18/12 04:26 PM

This is the product of Moestackleshop.com

Thanks Moe for the great deals!

Posted By: spro

Re: 1 0z. slabs - 07/18/12 05:48 PM

Can't really go wrong with Moe's or RSR lures. Both have good products. Phillip from RSR lures works very hard hand making all his lures himself and I admire him for doing so. For that reason, and because he is a great guy, I don't mind spending a few extra bucks per order.

Posted By: Skipper Chuck

Re: 1 0z. slabs - 07/18/12 07:23 PM

Originally Posted By: spro
Phillip from RSR lures works very hard hand making all his lures himself and I admire him for doing so. For that reason, and because he is a great guy, I don't mind spending a few extra bucks per order.

+1 thumb

I prefer those built with a quality finish that lasts! Get you some and you be the judge if you got a "Good Deal".

Posted By: Bassthumb: Phill's Guide Svc

Re: 1 0z. slabs - 07/18/12 07:36 PM

I buy from both. Each company has reputable products at fair prices that allow them to stay in business. I also use the heck out of bombers form Acadamy.

Hey Pitt. That looks like my boat your holding that toad on... nice fish.

Re: 1 0z. slabs - 07/18/12 10:36 PM

Hey bassthumb, it looks like that is my boat you are holding that toad on thumb

Posted By: AggieBB

Re: 1 0z. slabs - 07/19/12 01:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Bassthumb
I buy from both. Each company has reputable products at fair prices that allow them to stay in business. I also use the heck out of bombers form Acadamy.

Hey Pitt. That looks like my boat your holding that toad on... nice fish.

Hey Bassthumb, how do you fish the Bomber slabs? Ive got some in chartreuse and cant seem to catch anything on them frown

Do you cast them or just jig them?

Posted By: PlanoSooner

Re: 1 0z. slabs - 07/19/12 05:31 AM

Originally Posted By: gotreal formerly known as getreal
yup rsrlures are the best. texas made, hand made. not shipped in from jersey. if you go cheap, u get what you pay for. yup

Jersey? Is that close to China?

Get a rope.

Posted By: paddling oar's

Re: 1 0z. slabs - 07/19/12 10:22 AM

Originally Posted By: PlanoSooner
Originally Posted By: gotreal formerly known as getreal

Jersey? Is that close to China?

Get a rope.

customs, atleast that's what I'm assuming is meant. Everything I ship overseas goes through jersey.

Re: 1 0z. slabs - 07/19/12 12:29 PM

These threads are always fun smile Gives the "HateR's" a chance to shine! All ya get from me is the best I can do. I will promote my products on TFF (Thanks JP). Ya won't get the "Hate" stuff here! FYI GetGot Oklahoma USA

A link for the Ft. Worth area "HateR's"

http://www.moestackleshop.com/estore/details/56535/0/4931

Just another nice fish caught on a
Jersey Special 2.0oz Fiesta Slab

Posted By: paddling oar's

Re: 1 0z. slabs - 07/19/12 12:39 PM

Hope your not refrencing me. I have a tackle box full of your stuff. I was simply digesting maybe that's what they meant by jersey. I don't bash anybody regardless if I use there products or not. Kinda stupid that this forum has turned into this persons better then that person. Kinda why i am loosing interest.

Re: 1 0z. slabs - 07/19/12 12:58 PM

Originally Posted By: gone_fishing
Hope your not refrencing me. I have a tackle box full of your stuff. I was simply digesting maybe that's what they meant by jersey. I don't bash anybody regardless if I use there products or not. Kinda stupid that this forum has turned into this persons better then that person. Kinda why i am loosing interest.

Nope sure not. The "HateR's" are identified. They are the ones that bring this forum down. You will not see me posting "Junk" like that.

I will post reports with info, and yep promote my lures. Check the last time the "HateR" on this thread posted a report? I can see this link will get yanked soon and the "HateR's" will blame that on Moe's TU. Pretty funny smile

Posted By: Bassthumb: Phill's Guide Svc

Re: 1 0z. slabs - 07/19/12 01:25 PM

AggieBB,

In the spring when they are stacked up and tightly packed, I primarily vertical jig them. This time of year it seems like they are a little more spread out. This just means that they have changed patterns because of the spawning cycle and water temp fluctuation. My method of choice in the summer months is to cast...burn 7-9 times..and then let it free spool down to the bottom. You cover more ground/water this way and will increase the likely hood of running across a school meandering around chasing bait. Good luck. You can fish a bomber just as you would any other slab. I really enjoy throwing the chartreuse or silver with the checker pattern. I think they only come in two sizes. Both work well for me. Good luck and i hope this helps some. It's not necessarily new info and I am not the pioneer of this method. I learned it from TFF. Learning is why I am here. Not to hate, bash, pimp slabs, blah blah blah.

Re: 1 0z. slabs - 07/19/12 01:31 PM

A link for the Ft. Worth area "HateR's"

http://www.moestackleshop.com/estore/details/56535/0/4931

Just another nice fish caught on a
Jersey Special 2.0oz Fiesta Slab

[/quote]

Mike,
That is a HOG! Nice fish. I will be out this evening with a buddy throwing your 2 oz Fiesta and some of your spoons for the Hybrids. Wish me luck

Re: 1 0z. slabs - 07/19/12 01:37 PM

Have a sassy shad ready too! Did well with them!

Re: 1 0z. slabs - 07/19/12 01:49 PM

I use Sassys on Texoma a lot. But, I have such good luck with the bigger spoons and jigs that I stick to them most of the time.

And, I am not here pimping anyone's gear or bashing anyones either. I go through over 100 slabs a year fishing and I would rather spend $125 on them and not over $300. That leaves me with enough money for several diet milks.

Academy has slabs made from Central America called "Wahoo Jig'N Shad" that are 1.89 a piece and sometimes cheaper. I like the style of that slab and Academy is the cheapest I can find it.

I have nothing bad to say about any product made outside USA. This is a global economy and it takes every person and country on Earth to make it go round! Every parent deserves the right to "work" for a living and provide for their family. I don't care if they live in China or Russia. I will leave the politics to others. And, I served my country for 11 years, so don't say I am not a Patriot.

Re: 1 0z. slabs - 07/19/12 02:10 PM

Originally Posted By: PittState

And, I am not here pimping anyone's gear or bashing anyones either.

REALLY! rolfmao I would say you have done both!

Re: 1 0z. slabs - 07/19/12 02:17 PM

Some people catch lots of fish and some people hate, it is your choice.

Re: 1 0z. slabs - 07/19/12 02:34 PM

Hail all to the GREAT Pittstate fishing god!

Re: 1 0z. slabs - 07/19/12 05:55 PM

Was in Academy yesterday. The wahoo slab looked great. A great deal for $ 1.89. This type of thread gives me tired head very fast. Off to Coop with a bag full of NJ Slabs wink

When ya see a "Hater" go out to a lake, catch fish, do a video, and then post a report? Let me know. Most of the time they troll around waiting for 1 of these threads so they can BASH. Cheers

Posted By: BlueTuna

Re: 1 0z. slabs - 07/19/12 06:02 PM

I ordered a few cocomoes and slabs from Moes 2 days ago. They arrived today. I have several larger boxes of Moe's tackle hidden away where Mrs. Tuna probably won't look. Fast service and great products. Thanks SuperDuck!

Posted By: PlanoKeith

Re: 1 0z. slabs - 07/19/12 06:12 PM

I use Sassys on Texoma a lot. But, I have such good luck with the bigger spoons and jigs that I stick to them most of the time.

And, I am not here pimping anyone's gear or bashing anyones either. I go through over 100 slabs a year fishing and I would rather spend $125 on them and not over $300. That leaves me with enough money for several diet milks.

Academy has slabs made from Central America called "Wahoo Jig'N Shad" that are 1.89 a piece and sometimes cheaper. I like the style of that slab and Academy is the cheapest I can find it.

I have nothing bad to say about any product made outside USA. This is a global economy and it takes every person and country on Earth to make it go round! Every parent deserves the right to "work" for a living and provide for their family. I don't care if they live in China or Russia. I will leave the politics to others. And, I served my country for 11 years, so don't say I am not a Patriot.

I hate to break the bad news to you BUT!! I got "12" 2 ounce Godfather slabs from www.moestackleshop.com for $1.55 each. Just saying smile

Posted By: 79scooter

Re: 1 0z. slabs - 07/19/12 06:16 PM

I make my own, and they are better quality, look better and WAYYYY cheaper than all of em...LOLOLOL bannana2

Re: 1 0z. slabs - 07/19/12 06:20 PM

Mine came with an Alien in the bag. Notice my picture?

Re: 1 0z. slabs - 07/19/12 06:34 PM

I bet he did't even "up" charge for it, lol

Posted By: Skipper Chuck

Re: 1 0z. slabs - 07/19/12 06:34 PM

Originally Posted By: 79scooter
I make my own, and they are better quality, look better and WAYYYY cheaper than all of em...LOLOLOL bannana2

Quit Haten Scooter! rolleyes

Posted By: PlanoKeith

Re: 1 0z. slabs - 07/19/12 06:43 PM

I take everything back Pitt State. I also have some other slabs from other vendors that Moe doesn't carry. So I stand corrected on the public forum thumb

Posted By: moonriver

Re: 1 0z. slabs - 07/19/12 06:43 PM

Moe's lures are very effective, very reasonably priced, and Moe's customer service is excellent!

Re: 1 0z. slabs - 07/19/12 06:50 PM

For me Moe's is value added because he supports programs that I am interested in. Those things are important to me when I shop for my fun stuff. Interacting with the TFF as helped me out a lot in terms of meeting new people and investing in the sport I love. This past month I bought electronics from Shut Up and Fish. Great buy and the service David provided was outstanding. (Just my point of view.)

Re: 1 0z. slabs - 07/19/12 06:57 PM

No problem PlanoKeith, it is all good in the "TFF Hood"!

Re: 1 0z. slabs - 07/19/12 07:01 PM

Originally Posted By: 79scooter

79scooter, I don't think many would disagree with your statement. If I wanted to take the time and make slabs exactly how I like them and with top notch split rings and hooks, I too could do it(and anyone else).

I just don't have the time, so I look for the cheapest product that will get the job done. cheers

Re: 1 0z. slabs - 07/19/12 07:04 PM

Of course the first few hundred batches would turn out how I would like and would have to make a few calls to figure what I was doing wrong. But hey, how many guys read the directions first???

Re: 1 0z. slabs - 07/19/12 07:10 PM

I will go on record to state that I haven't had big problems with any of the local vendors' slabs. There is always one here or there that the paint comes off or the hook breaks, but you get that with the "big box" brands too. And, most of it is "user" error. This goes for Moes, TNT, RSR and others. I am just very tight with my money and like to get more for my money!

Posted By: 79scooter

Re: 1 0z. slabs - 07/19/12 08:04 PM

I will go on record to state that I haven't had big problems with any of the local vendors' slabs. There is always one here or there that the paint comes off or the hook breaks, but you get that with the "big box" brands too. And, most of it is "user" error. This goes for Moes, TNT, RSR and others. I am just very tight with my money and like to get more for my money!

I couldnt agree more... caught many fish on all of them

Re: 1 0z. slabs - 07/19/12 08:08 PM

I remember back in the 70's buying a mold to make my own spinner baits. I still have pictures of me and a good friend sitting at my dining room table pouring lead, assembling and painting. I always had trouble with the painting end of things. I had another friend in the auto body shop and wheel alignment business, That was our source for lead. It didn't take long before I gave up and just bought the spinner's baits from a new little thriving business back then - in Tulsa (OkieBugs).

Re: 1 0z. slabs - 07/20/12 12:55 PM

Thanks guys! Cooper is HOT! 1 more trip this eve! Be careful in the heat! it got me yesterday!

Posted By: etu

Re: 1 0z. slabs - 07/20/12 01:08 PM

Hey Moe I was looking fer your slabs at Holiday on Wednesday and they were out

Re: 1 0z. slabs - 07/20/12 02:04 PM

Don't think they are gona buyM anymore? Fisheman's Supply in Garland and West Tawakoni has my stuff. Gona work on the wholesale end of my business this fall.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum