Texas Fishing Forum

Striper Fever!!!

Posted By: chrisc/striper express guide service

Striper Fever!!! - 06/12/12 11:07 PM

How else can I say it, all I can think about is top water striper fishing. That "kapoosh" gets me pumped everytime! I figured that last nights thunder and lightning would hurt the fishing today but i was very wrong. even in no wind this morning we located some schools of surfacing stripers behind the Islands on the Oklahoma bank. The fish were knocking shad out of the water and feeding with a vengeance in 2 huge schools. Weird thing it took the birds forever to locate the feeding frenzy. some of the long fish...

Two hours of catching hungry stripers on surface plugs = Awesome! Today has to be one of the best days I’ve had this season on surface fishing. Each trip begins with a few but today it was all topwater...love it!

What a great first half of the year it’s been up here on the Big T. Fishing has been very productive. Lots of happy fishermen and plenty of fish caught. At striper express we enjoy the thrill of the hunt chasing striped bass. Blessed to fish such an amazing fish factory. Want to thank Mike from Moe's tackle for providing such great lures at a great price that keep putting fish in the boat. No push just fact!

The stage is set fisher-people to have another several year fishing run on Lake Texoma. Numbers are high and several nice fish roaming this big lake. expect to see the same big hauls with some monsters appearing at times. We've paid our dues to help allow this to happen, La Nina’, recession and the blue green algae debacle all helped.

Take a little fishing pressure off this great lake and within just months, the fish have grown bigger and the bait is plentiful as ever.The new hatches are insane as well.This lake is truly a natural phenomenon that continues to impress me.

Where ever you are and whatever you do, you have to put Texoma top water striper fishing on your list of things to do. Come fish Texoma...you be glad you did.

Posted By: Yaffe (Jeff)

Re: Striper Fever!!! - 06/12/12 11:30 PM

Great report

Posted By: kellygunner

Re: Striper Fever!!! - 06/13/12 12:00 AM

I have a sassy shad question, I went Saturday and 90% of our fish were topwater with chugbugs. But most were small so I started throwing a glow sassy, then clearish green with sparkles and the Nana color and not even a bite. Were the fish too small too like it or downsize my line or fluorocarbon? Thanks

Kelly

Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Striper Fever!!! - 06/13/12 12:15 AM

Great pics Chris.

Re: Striper Fever!!! - 06/13/12 12:18 AM

been using small sassy,assasins,cocamoes etc and using erratic retrieves after topwater stops working. only time i have luck on big plastic in summer is down deep or when they are busting big shad on or near the surface.

Posted By: sandjohnny

Re: Striper Fever!!! - 06/13/12 12:35 AM

Looks like a hoot. Got to get a few days off and bring the motor home up and get me some of that.
Johnny

Posted By: LipRip

Re: Striper Fever!!! - 06/13/12 04:10 AM

Nice report.

Posted By: HOSEMAN JD

Re: Striper Fever!!! - 06/13/12 04:05 PM

Awesome job Chris!!! Top water on Texoma is the BOMB!

Posted By: BlueTuna

Re: Striper Fever!!! - 06/13/12 11:05 PM

We fished with JD Lyle out of High Point Past week, caught lots of fish inspite of bad weather. Great trip! I would recommend him.

Posted By: SteveStrasemeier

Re: Striper Fever!!! - 06/14/12 05:21 PM

BlueTuna - all I can say is rude, very rude!

Re: Striper Fever!!! - 06/15/12 07:14 PM

well it continues to be very good...today was a great day! pics to come....

Posted By: rmfishpals

Re: Striper Fever!!! - 06/15/12 07:55 PM

I used to go out every summer and troll with some cranks guiding and it was awesome. I had fun and got paid.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum