Texas Fishing Forum

Sunshine Grayline Bait tanks!!!!!!

Posted By: TIM CLINE

Sunshine Grayline Bait tanks!!!!!! - 04/25/12 09:08 PM

Awesome!!!! Went by and picked mine up this week and got to speak with Mr. George "Sunshine" Lening and he is a super nice guy and really understands what we are looking for in a bait tank even if you do not know what your looking for. He takes the time to go over everything about his tanks and treats you great.

Posted By: Western

Re: Sunshine Grayline Bait tanks!!!!!! - 04/25/12 09:38 PM

I only got to speak to him over the phone, but he was extremely helpful and a nice gent to talk with. Love my "little" tank and it does what they claim.

Posted By: Fishing with Kids

Re: Sunshine Grayline Bait tanks!!!!!! - 04/25/12 11:04 PM

Best tank out there! And George will help you out with any questions you may have about keeping shad alive.

Posted By: Bandit03

Re: Sunshine Grayline Bait tanks!!!!!! - 04/25/12 11:44 PM

Thank you for the positive feedback Tim. George is having some Tech issues,but I'll be sure he see's this. I'm Royce and sorry I missed you. I built your tank so glad you were pleased.
We got some,no,alot of JD's money today.

Posted By: Meadowlark

Re: Sunshine Grayline Bait tanks!!!!!! - 04/26/12 01:50 AM

Just got my new slimline today. Can't wait to try it out. George has been great help getting me started.

Re: Sunshine Grayline Bait tanks!!!!!! - 04/26/12 04:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Bandit03
Thank you for the positive feedback Tim. George is having some Tech issues,but I'll be sure he see's this. I'm Royce and sorry I missed you. I built your tank so glad you were pleased.
We got some,no,alot of JD's money today.

I am very pleased!! Still working on exactly how I want it in the boat but that will be finished by friday so I can go give it another good workout this weekend. You did a great job on the tank!!

Posted By: JD Lyle

Re: Sunshine Grayline Bait tanks!!!!!! - 04/26/12 10:38 AM

Y'all got a lot of my money...I picked up two brand new 50 gallon tanks yesterday as well!!!
Gotta love that 2012 model..

Hey Tim why don't you share what you told me about the bait I gave you last weekend and what happened and what your observations were..

Re: Sunshine Grayline Bait tanks!!!!!! - 04/26/12 12:13 PM

Well, to describe what was a very noticeable difference in fish catch ratio's is an under statement. As boats typically do when working together or the boats shows just happens your fishing sometimes right next to other boats. Well this happend for me several times last sunday. I noticed everytime I was close to a boat that had one of the sunshine Grayline tanks they were out catching everyone around. I thouhgt at first oh thats fishing but as I sat backed and watched the boats that I know have the Sunshine Grayline bait Tanks versus the ones I could see that did not a glaring and very obvious thing was going on. The guys with the Sunshine Grayline tanks were kicking everyones butt and it was not close. So toward the end of the day J.D. calls and said he is catching them like crazy so I run over and tie up right behind him and drop baits down got one right away then nothing but the guys in J.D.'s boat still hammering well I talked J.D. out of net full of his bait to test my theroy and as soon as we dropped the bait down from J.D's tank bam fish on all around the boat. The Sunshine Tanks keep your bait healthier, livelier and that allows your bait to be more active and get reaction bites even from fish that may not want to eat. For example does a cat chase a string when it is sitting still or when its moving around? Was it the tanks? I thought enough of it to order one on monday!! The differnce between a great day, good day and fair day can be as simple as your bait quality so if you can remove the factor of having poor bait quality why not?

Posted By: SALLYSUE

Re: Sunshine Grayline Bait tanks!!!!!! - 04/26/12 01:48 PM

Great tanks and good people to deal with

Posted By: Holzer

Re: Sunshine Grayline Bait tanks!!!!!! - 04/26/12 03:17 PM

Tim,
What were you loaded up with compared to Jeff? Was J.D. fishing with threads and you had gizzards, J.D. had 5in - 6in baits and you had 3in - 4in baits, etc.?

Since those baits came out of J.D. tank you may want to wash your tank out 2 or 3 times. I don't think that J.D. washes his hands much smile

Re: Sunshine Grayline Bait tanks!!!!!! - 04/26/12 03:47 PM

They were the same shad caught from the same place and J.D. even gave me about 50 out of his tank that morning because he had extra. Rigged the same as well.

Re: Sunshine Grayline Bait tanks!!!!!! - 04/26/12 06:06 PM

Holzer...dude speaking of washing hands...are you still changing diapers smile smile

Tim's observations are right on...ive seen it before many times...now don't get me wrong there are a few other tanks out there as good as sunshine/ graylines but my only experience is wit sunshine so that's all I can speak to..

I've seen many times bait out of my tank compared to bait out of other guys tanks after 5-10 hours and mine always seem to be fresher and
Iivier...and I second what Tim said about it being the difference tween a good day or a great day.
Bottom line if ya wanna keep your bait in the best possible shape you need a quality bait tank.

Posted By: JonBoater

Re: Sunshine Grayline Bait tanks!!!!!! - 04/26/12 06:35 PM

Tim, what were you using for a live well for your shad?

Posted By: Holzer

Re: Sunshine Grayline Bait tanks!!!!!! - 04/26/12 06:50 PM

Originally Posted By: JD Lyle
Holzer...dude speaking of washing hands...are you still changing diapers smile smile

I'll let you know that in about 6 more months I can graduate from changing diapers to wipping rears! Ok, well that's not really a promotion frown

Re: Sunshine Grayline Bait tanks!!!!!! - 04/26/12 06:52 PM

I was using a 30 gallon shad tank with no more than a 100 shad in it at onetime. I do not know the brand.

Posted By: JonBoater

Re: Sunshine Grayline Bait tanks!!!!!! - 04/26/12 06:59 PM

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of aeration?

Posted By: Fishboy123

Re: Sunshine Grayline Bait tanks!!!!!! - 04/26/12 11:07 PM

How to order? I can't find the website or phone number.

Posted By: 2FlyFish4

Re: Sunshine Grayline Bait tanks!!!!!! - 04/27/12 12:02 AM

yep, they are good tanks

Re: Sunshine Grayline Bait tanks!!!!!! - 04/27/12 12:05 AM

www.baittanksbysunshine.com

Posted By: BrandoA

Re: Sunshine Grayline Bait tanks!!!!!! - 04/27/12 03:10 AM

JD what is your opinion on the Bluewater tanks? I am looking at both.

Re: Sunshine Grayline Bait tanks!!!!!! - 04/27/12 11:43 AM

Brandon I really dont know much about them.
Know people that use them with success but couldn't even tell you what the differences are

Posted By: thebreeze64

Re: Sunshine Grayline Bait tanks!!!!!! - 04/27/12 07:57 PM

Great info

Posted By: SALLYSUE

Re: Sunshine Grayline Bait tanks!!!!!! - 04/27/12 08:00 PM

I have oval 28 gal Sunshine and I've way over loaded it with no problems . If something happened to it today I would have one on order tomorrow

Posted By: Bandit03

Re: Sunshine Grayline Bait tanks!!!!!! - 04/28/12 05:30 PM

Blue Water makes a good tank and I have guide friends here on Texoma that use it. The Grayline is molded like Kayaks,Yeti coolers and doesn't have welded seams to split. The Grayline is solid foam insulated between the wall's. All the water is in the bait well and not in a filter compartment. We are consevative when asked how many bait a tank will hold. I usaully say 6 per gallon. But know people,JD for one, that have held up to 10 per gallon. In any tank that is packed
Toughness? JD can tell you how the Grayline holds up flying out of a boat at 70 MPH down the highway. The only damage was to the filter box.:)

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum