Texas Fishing Forum

Question for Texoma Guides or anyone

Posted By: tdwchoctaw

Question for Texoma Guides or anyone - 04/16/12 12:07 PM

I have a trip planned for this weekend to Texoma and got a call from one of the guys that is going with us and he said a couple of his buddy went this weekend and the guide (i don't know which one) they went with told them they could not keep any of the fish they caught....?
Please any information you have will help. Thank you

Posted By: RSR Lures

Re: Question for Texoma Guides or anyone - 04/16/12 12:46 PM

Different guides have different rules.

Posted By: Jeff Schiller

Re: Question for Texoma Guides or anyone - 04/16/12 12:49 PM

Tell your buddies to find a different guide.

Most guides allow you to keep your legal limit if you choose. They may make suggestions as to if you should keep them or not. But most guides will let you keep what you want.

Posted By: CnCOutdoors

Not aware of any reason why they were told that!!!

Posted By: JD Lyle

Sounds fishy to me...shoulda done their homework before the trip.. Ask questions of your guide.. Get references.
In my opinion it should be up to the customer whether they wanna keep fish or not...
I wish some of my trips had chosen to not keep fish smile Ive been cleaning an average of 50-60 per day smile already burned out two knives in last four weeks..

If a person is surprised by the actions or poilcies of a guide, they just didn't get the proper info up front..I get asked these type of questions all the time ...it's just part of booking a trip.

Posted By: tdwchoctaw

Re: Question for Texoma Guides or anyone - 04/16/12 01:09 PM

Just talk to my friend and he said that the guide told them it had to do with a bacteria that the fish have...? He also said its in was in the fish that were in the creeks, I told him sounds like it has to do with the black bass and that we would not be fishing for those. That we would be in the deeper part of the lake. So I think we are going to be safe! Thanks guys for your input and information. You guys are the best!! smile

Posted By: Western

Re: Question for Texoma Guides or anyone - 04/16/12 02:00 PM

Sounds like he may be referring to the Blue Green Algae? From what I have read, that has dissipated since last Fall?

Posted By: Tvilbig

Re: Question for Texoma Guides or anyone - 04/16/12 02:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Western
Sounds like he may be referring to the Blue Green Algae? From what I have read, that has dissipated since last Fall?

It isn't completely dissipated but its pretty much gone. They also always said that it was never harmful to the fish or people eating the fish. It is completely safe to consume fish from a lake with a blue green algae outbreak.

Re: Question for Texoma Guides or anyone - 04/16/12 03:10 PM

Probably just a guide that didnt want to clean fish. I always assume that my customers are keeping fish especially on Texoma. There are always a few guides that leave a bad impression on their customers.

Posted By: ssfireman

Re: Question for Texoma Guides or anyone - 04/16/12 03:33 PM

+1

Posted By: SteveStrasemeier

Re: Question for Texoma Guides or anyone - 04/16/12 04:59 PM

I think you nailed it Craig. I was thinking the same thing. If that was true he sould have at least gave them the option to keep and clean their own fish.

Posted By: Richard-G

Re: Question for Texoma Guides or anyone - 04/16/12 07:41 PM

Don't use that girl anymore

Posted By: JD Lyle

Re: Question for Texoma Guides or anyone - 04/16/12 07:53 PM

Lol..that is the biggest crock of bull I've heard..
Even when the algae was in the lake which it never really was toxic it was well documented that it never harmed the fish and the fish have and always been safe to eat..
Geez. So not only do we have media and gov agencies filling us full of half truths, now we have our own ignorant guides who don't know the rear end from first base saying things that aren't even remotely true...
I'm with Craig on this one.. Sounds like he was telling a story so as to not have to clean fish...that's funny

Re: Question for Texoma Guides or anyone - 04/16/12 08:05 PM

It would be interesting to know if they were bait fishing or not. It would be hard to throw back bait caught fish all unharmed. Just sayin!!!!!!!

Posted By: Labman

Re: Question for Texoma Guides or anyone - 04/16/12 08:12 PM

I would love to know what guide service...

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum