Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Texoma Fishing Report :: 2011 Grand Finale

Posted By: Stripers Inc.

Lake Texoma Fishing Report :: 2011 Grand Finale - 01/04/12 07:53 PM

Fishing is a lot like life, it is filled with highs and lows, they are either biting or they aren’t. Luckily I fish Lake Texoma, where even when they are not biting, it is possible to pound out a good day of fishing. Which means if you happen to be out on a day the fish are feeding you will be in for an incredible experience. My trip on Monday 12/26 was just such an occasion where all the right forces of the universe aligned upon my boat resulting in one of the best days on the water I’ve had in years. Never mind the fact we were easily able to catch our 40 fish limit and catch and release twice that, trips like that are common every day occurrences. What made this trip special were 4 fish weighing 12, 14, 15, and 16 pounds according to my digital scales. I have not caught this many fish this big on one trip since before the flood of 2007. But it is fishing and as the energy shifted and the week progressed the bite began to slow. Tuesday was great, we brought in another 12 pounder and caught lots of fish. Wednesday was slower, we brought in 33 for a group of 5. Thursday the wind died and with it the bite as we could only manage 10 fish between 3 people. Friday was better bringing in 20-30 on a catch and release trip. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.

Monday

Tuedsay

Wednesday

Friday

Saturday evening with the family

All my fish have been caught on 5” glow sassy shad fished along the bottom from 10 to 80 ft of water depending on where I find the fish and what pattern they are in. It is impossible to predict how the fish react on a daily basis. Right now my calendars are open and I would rather be on the water fishing while the weather is nice and the fishing is good and since I can not predict the bite, I would like to invite you to set your own rate for the trip. Book your trip for whatever is best for your schedule or weather forecast and pay for what the fishing was worth to you on that day. You can book your trip online at www.stripersinc.com or just give me a call at (903)815-1609 and I’ll get you set up.

Good Luck to All,
Brian

Posted By: JSIG

Re: Lake Texoma Fishing Report :: 2011 Grand Finale - 01/04/12 09:44 PM

Wow! Happy New Year to you & hope the fishing & your business is booming for 2012!

Posted By: lite-liner

Re: Lake Texoma Fishing Report :: 2011 Grand Finale - 01/04/12 09:55 PM

re: 12/26,.... WTH was I doing wrong?
congrats on a fantastic day!

that's a hell of an offer, BTW.

Posted By: Stripers Inc.

Re: Lake Texoma Fishing Report :: 2011 Grand Finale - 01/04/12 11:05 PM

Thanks!

12/26, those fish were caught in 80ft. of water under birds, slow rolling 5" glow sassys letting them fall all the way to the bottom.

Posted By: fob bob

Re: Lake Texoma Fishing Report :: 2011 Grand Finale - 01/04/12 11:22 PM

+1 on that deal. might have to take ya up on it. definitely paying it forward.

Posted By: rittany

Re: Lake Texoma Fishing Report :: 2011 Grand Finale - 01/08/12 11:04 PM

I was able to go out with Brian this morning and let me tell you guys and gals it was a blast. Brian put us on some good fish he also took time to give me some pointers on how to catch more fish for myself which was greatly appreciated. I will definitely be a repeat customer. Brian thank you for a great time and we will see you again soon.

Les

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum