Texas Fishing Forum

How is Eagle Mountain?

Posted By: weekendwarrior

How is Eagle Mountain? - 07/03/03 02:44 PM

Going to Eagle Mountain this weekend for several hours in the morning. Any updates on how the sandy action is?

Also, last Saturday I was out on a family cruise and noticed a platform out front of Lauderdales in the middle of the lake with a crane arm on top. Does anyone know what this is doing out there. Was a boat lost or something?
Posted By: greg

Re: How is Eagle Mountain? - 07/03/03 02:51 PM

They are added new boat slips and I think the crane is probably there to help with construction.

The sandy bite has slowed the last couple of weeks. However there is plenty of smaller schoolies around pelican island early.

Re: How is Eagle Mountain? - 07/03/03 04:26 PM

help, please
Posted By: Lovfldx

Re: How is Eagle Mountain? - 07/03/03 04:27 PM

The sandie bite this time of yr is traditionally good in front of the riprap along the dam/levee. I have caught them there from the rocks(when you could walk out on it), surfacing in the middle of the day, and some darn nice ones! with the high temps and lmitless blue sky predicted for tomorrow, it should be good there.

Made a nice addition to the 4th festivities/madness family was experiencing at twin points.

Rudy
Posted By: Eagle Mountain Guide - David Everitt

Re: How is Eagle Mountain? - 07/03/03 06:02 PM

Weekend,
Try the under water peninsula that extends
east from the anglers club.100-200 yards out
from the west bank in 13-22'.South side is
usually best.Greg's advice is likely a sure
bet early and late.Try slabbing under
schoolies in 15-20' just south of old duck blind.Dam is also good until the skiers blow
through it.Greg's spot first,dam second,
peninsula third.Watch out for the idiots.
Good luck.

David

Re: How is Eagle Mountain? - 07/04/03 04:34 PM

Just to add another spot: The rock jetty in front of Lauderdals has boiled on me a few times early.. nice sized fish if you get underneath the small ones.

Re: How is Eagle Mountain? - 07/04/03 04:37 PM

"Try slabbing under schoolies in 15-20' just south of old duck blind"..

Is this on Pelican island?
Posted By: greg

Re: How is Eagle Mountain? - 07/05/03 01:05 AM

I'll answer for my bud David. It is on Pelican island. Its on the south side. There is a depression there that can sometimes hold bigger whites.
Posted By: FTWCATS

Re: How is Eagle Mountain? - 07/05/03 01:20 AM

We have done very good last two weeks in a row about four hours before first light under and around the lighted docks near creek harbor camp.

[This message has been edited by FTWCATS (edited 07-04-2003).]

Re: How is Eagle Mountain? - 07/06/03 08:13 PM

Sat, July 5th caught 28 schooling fish with 22 keepers.. All fish were caught on small rat-l-traps in front of twin points marina (twin points cove).. Schooling lasted until 9:30 but moved around a bunch.. It seemed like they were small schools and would only stay up for several seconds and were mostly small.. fish kept were 11-13", nothing too special, but a meal none the less.

Did catch 2 other crappie and one sandbass the south side of the underwater pennisula with slabs.. The crappie hit my blue/white Little George like a Striper.. Must have been hungary!

Thanks for everyone's help and good fishing.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum