Texas Fishing Forum

Any news on Proctor?

Posted By: Britton

Any news on Proctor? - 08/24/03 05:43 PM

Goin out in the morning, and could use a little help.

------------------
Happy Trails and Tight Lines!
Britton...

Re: Any news on Proctor? - 08/28/03 12:11 AM

Well since no one replied, I guess I will tell you how it went. Slow and hot in the morning-no wind, about noon a storm came in so we went to get something to eat . By the time we got back the wind ,and the rain subsided, so we debated on putting the boat back in ,when we saw a school af sand bass goin crazy! Of coarse they were right out of casting range, and I figured by the time we got the boat ready they would be gone, so we waited. They kept coming closer and closer, next thing you know were catching sandies on top-waters right off the dock! After they got out of casting range we decided to go for it, and put the boat back in. Im happy we did, we followed that same school for four hours! the longest they were not on top was about 10 minutes. 90% were small, but a blast either way!

------------------
Britton...
Posted By: TJ

Re: Any news on Proctor? - 08/28/03 12:35 AM

DJ ..DID YOU FIND ANY HYBRIDS??AND DID YOU TRY SHAD ..IF YOU DID HAVE SHAD DID YOU CATCH THEM THERE AND WERE THEY EASY OR HARD TO CATCH..THANKS FOR ANY HELP...I PLAN TO MAKE A TRIP TO PROCTOR SOON..I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO HAVE SOME OF THOSE FAT HYBRIDS BEND MY POLE...TERRY JACKSON
Posted By: PROCTOR-PRO

Re: Any news on Proctor? - 08/28/03 01:08 AM

SSSSHHHH.......ITS LIKE THAT SCHOOLING EVERDAY ITS OVERCAST ,DID YA SEE MY LITTLE BIRDS???????

Re: Any news on Proctor? - 08/28/03 07:35 PM

No couldnt find any Hybrids, but we didnt use any shad either.Next trip we are targeting Hybrids! Oh yeah I forgot to tell you about the 5 1/2 and the 3 1/2 Black bass. One was caught on a baby brushhog, and the other on a perch! Oh yeah we also caught about 10 drum, I guess that doesnt really count does it? Yes I did see your little birds, but Im happy I wasnt waiting for them, they were 2 hours late! They still made it in time to get some fish, but we got more!

------------------
Britton...

[This message has been edited by Dj Britton (edited 08-28-2003).]
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum