Texas Fishing Forum

Thief at RayBob

Posted By: BassinKansan

Thief at RayBob - 01/21/03 06:39 AM

Took the wife to Roberts Sunday. First time this year. Tried for sandbass and crappie. Spotted some sandbass on the graph near the mouth of Arkansas Creek, but got skunked. At least she got to try out the new pole she got for Christmas, and I was able to introduced her to jigging with slabs.

The wind kept us back in the coves at Johnson Branch near the ramp, but obviously not close enough.

While we were out, some jerk stole my Fulton pin lock holding on my swing away tongue. Left us with the one pin the whole way home. Went to the dealership to buy me another. $28, and come to find out my old key worked on the new lock!!! You'd think each lock would have it's own key. Someone is probably out there getting rich stealing and selling thieved accessories off OUR trailers. I've only had the new boat for 10 months, and already a victim.

Are there combination locks for trailers? Would engraving my name on the lock deter this? Any ideas to keep this from happening to us?
Posted By: redfinŽ

Re: Thief at RayBob - 01/21/03 11:15 AM

The person who stole it probably was replacing the one that was stole from his trailer, just about lay you odds on that. Can you not use a pin like is on the Reese Hitch that has a padlock on it?

You also might want to investigate putting a locking lug nut on all your trailer wheels, too. It's a shame we all have to go to that expense but it's better than being left stranded completely.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum