Texas Fishing Forum

sandbass baits

Posted By: TOM SCHILLER

sandbass baits - 01/16/03 07:34 PM

I know everyone has their favorites, but one thing I found out many years ago is that the very best bait-bar none-for Sandbass is Ghostminnows. If you can find and gather some up and freeze them they will work wonders. I used to buy them in small containers in Lake Dallas at McCutcheons bait store, but is long gone. I don't know of anybody that sells them. Anyone out there know of anyone??

Tom
Posted By: Steve Pine

Re: sandbass baits - 01/16/03 09:33 PM

I used to buy them at Big Jacks, I35 & 407 in Lewisville. Frozen in a baggie. That was a lot of years ago and they only had them in the Spring. Good Luck.

------------------
steve pine

Posted By: rogc

Re: sandbass baits - 01/16/03 10:01 PM

I used glass minnows some last year and they worked great. We caught them in the lake with a seine net.

Re: sandbass baits - 01/16/03 10:45 PM

Thank y'all for your replies. I will be at my booth at Mesquite all this weekend so wont be able to read this until Sunday night, but if anyone else knows of some more good places please post. Especially in, or around Grapevine, which is closest to me.
Thanks again.

------------------
Tom Set the hook and cross their eyes !!
Posted By: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.

Re: sandbass baits - 01/17/03 12:08 AM

Tom , if you read this tonight, what booth(name,product)

Re: sandbass baits - 01/17/03 03:26 AM

Hi John,
I just got home to Irving, from setting my booth up at the show, and saw your post. My booth is number 168, called Trolling Motor Shaft Saver, which is my invention. Stop by and introduce yourself. I am looking forward to meeting a lot of nice folks this weekend, and that will be the thing that will make the show worth while for me.

See ya,

------------------
Tom Set the hook and cross their eyes !!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum