Texas Fishing Forum

White Bass Sabine River

Posted By: white basser

White Bass Sabine River - 01/07/03 01:41 AM

Went out this afternoon for about two hours. Creeks feeding into river have cleared up and I caught some nice white bass where the waters meet. Caught on artificial, couln't get them to take minnow. River level is dropping, but slowly. If we don't get rain, (none predicted), it should be good for a while. Had a few nice females. We have some really big white bass here. I din't take a picture today, but check out other catches at www.riverridgetx.com. Happy fishing!

------------------
jane
Posted By: JCG57

Re: White Bass Sabine River - 01/08/03 11:24 PM

I am thinking about taking my teenagers out to the Sabine for some white bass fishing in the next week or two. Can anyone offer some tips regarding feeder creeks that are good for fishing out of a canoe (and drop-off points). I am concerned that the current in the main river may be a bit much. Thanks for the help!

Re: White Bass Sabine River - 01/09/03 02:50 AM

What part of the Sabine are you going to?

------------------
jane

Re: White Bass Sabine River - 01/09/03 03:18 AM

Whatever section is currently holding white bass. I live near Dallas so it's a long trip no matter which section we go to.

Re: White Bass Sabine River - 01/09/03 04:13 PM

Right now the river is too swift for that unless you make a one way float trip from up and come down and take out. You could do that. If you are camping with us, I could help you put in above us and you could take out here at our rv park. Let me know what you think.

------------------
jane

Re: White Bass Sabine River - 01/09/03 05:02 PM

Sounds good to me, Jane. I'll send you an e-mail at the River Ridge address. Thanks!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum