Texas Fishing Forum

need help

Posted By: FishTexas101

need help - 08/17/03 04:01 PM

Friday, I took a few scouts to Ray Bob for sandies. Was great fun for the fine young men - one of the lads caught a huge sandie and he asked to put it in the live well to show his dad rather than release it like we had the others. OK, here is where it gets interesting, the lad lives about a dozen houses down from me and the dad came to see the fish still in the live well - still alive and swimming. They took it home for pictures and weighed the fish. This morning at church the lad comes to me and said that it weighed 3.41 pounds on his dad's grocery store scale. I knew it was a large fish but that suprised me. It was 19 1/8" long and a great fish. It is now frozen for a trip to Flagg tomorrow for mounting. The question is that now I am told that the record white bass at Ray Bob is 3.12 pounds. Did the 12 y/o catch a lake record? and if so, is there anything we can do about it now? Please advise.............
Posted By: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.

Re: need help - 08/17/03 04:21 PM

If it weighed more then the record, I think so, that is one big sandi I would call Texas Parks and wildlife, if you still have the fish still frozen then maybe they can tell you something.. Tell the young man congrates on the fish from the TFF
Posted By: HighTech Redneck

Re: need help - 08/18/03 04:27 AM

FishTx I believe you can get the Gro. store scales certified by T.P.W. and possibly get the fish certified as the lake record, if not go ahead and pull up the T.P.W. web site. They have multiple big fish/ angler awards that this young angler qualifies for. You can print the forms right off there web site and fill out and send in for the award. Congratulations and keep getting the young ones hooked on fishing.

------------------
Randy Routh
http://teamredneck.s5.com
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum