Texas Fishing Forum

Cedar Creek Report 07/03

Posted By: Leprechaun

Cedar Creek Report 07/03 - 07/05/06 05:34 PM

It was a great Weekend!

I will have Grapevine reports with pictures shortly but here is the report for Cedar Creek.

I fished with the Beebe family from 6 am to 12 noon and the fishing was excellent. We focused on the Hybirds in the morning and the Sandies in the afternoon. The Hybrids were on main lake points and humps in 22 to 26 feet of and were caught on Burgess Baits for the most part with some undersized fish coming on Lead Babies slabs.

The Sandies also came from main lake points only shallower between 14 to 18 feet of water and it didn't matter what slab you dropped n them when you were on them they were gong to take it! When the Sandie slab bite slowed we trolled the Hell/Pet and caught them 2 at a time on every pass. We ended the day with 6 keeper Hybrids, 35 Sandies and 1 Blue Cat. They had a lot of fun and the girls caught all the Hybrids that were big enough to keep! Go Girls!

It was a lot of fun and Ryan Beebe and I are planning to try for some Largemouth soon.

The water temp was between 78 and 81 degrees and the cloud cover made it very nice.

Personal Report:

My Family came out that evening and we enjoyed the fireworks and spenthe night at Fisherman's Wharf.

We slept in and got on the water around 10:30. I thought the Sandies might still cooperate and we wound up with 37 for the Fryer/Freezer. All these fish were caught on slabs in 14 to 16 feet of water on points on the north end of the lake.

Bobby and Don have lots of openings in July and I have a few so give us a call and we'll get you on the fish!
Posted By: Carl

Re: Cedar Creek Report 07/03 - 07/05/06 06:08 PM

What are Burgess Baits?
Posted By: Leprechaun

Re: Cedar Creek Report 07/03 - 07/05/06 07:01 PM

Bobby Burgess who guides for us makes these great slabs. the color we were using was a bright orange and yellow with a white strip between and holographic eyes. Bobby can be reach at the number shown and will be at Bass Pro Shops this Friday night with me to help with the seminar. Maybe we can see you there.
Posted By: Polar

Re: Cedar Creek Report 07/03 - 07/05/06 11:13 PM

A quick comment on the Burgess slab with no disrespect intended to other luremakers on the forum. I prefer the Burgess slab to any others I have tried. They are very effective and incredibly durable. I have never seen one lose paint and the only reason I have ever bought any new ones is because I broke one off on a big hybrid or hung one on the the bottom.
Posted By: RODSMYTH

Re: Cedar Creek Report 07/03 - 07/06/06 12:17 AM

Good trip Omar, And thank's Polar I sure do appreciate it.
Posted By: Sharon Hill

Re: Cedar Creek Report 07/03 - 07/06/06 12:49 AM

I have burgess lures, love them, used them today on Lewisville with great success. Omar------ MY TURN!!!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum