Texas Fishing Forum

I am new to Texoma need help

Posted By: sraggkka

I am new to Texoma need help - 10/08/03 07:14 PM

I am going this week end I would like to catch a mess of Stiper or whites for a fish fry. I need about 20 fish or so between the three of us plus our kids.

Scott
Posted By: SOGGY

Re: I am new to Texoma need help - 10/08/03 07:54 PM

you my friend have brass ones. too plan a fish fry before you have any fish and on a lake you have never fished.
i salute you.
Posted By: JD Lyle

Re: I am new to Texoma need help - 10/08/03 07:58 PM

can you catch shad ?? If so thats your best bet for lots of fish. Look in the marinas under the lights or in the backs of creeks after sun-up
lots of fish around the islands.. birds are starting to work all over the lake.. keep your eyes open. River ledges,flats creeks.... form what I have seen and heard this week, it really doesnt matter. pick a spot that likely will hold fish or in a likely cruising lane and get your baits down. I have noticed that lately the "boat shows " are really worthless. this week it has been the blind leading the blind Today we got good fish without another boat anywhere near us. You dont have to mark lots of fish to anchor on. if you see bait or small schools of fish set up. that is your likely cruisding lane. it wont be long till more schools come thru.
Posted By: sraggkka

Re: I am new to Texoma need help - 10/09/03 06:11 PM

Thanks for the response. We are going to have some hungry kids we are just taking corn meal and grease...maybe if we don't get em we will just have to eat hush puppies.

Thanks
scott
Posted By: pdeibert

Re: I am new to Texoma need help - 10/09/03 08:02 PM

If you are going on Friday or Sunday I will be out there and can help out.
Call me on cell phone 214-766-9891 or ch 69.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum