Texas Fishing Forum

Cedar Creek

Posted By: Steve Bradbury

Cedar Creek - 05/08/03 01:30 AM

I worked a trip with Billy today and I had Dan Fitzgerald in my boat is and his son Dan. Billy had Palmer Gilespie and his son Plamer in his boat from Colorado. Names were easy to remember

We got on some surfacing hybrids and boated 13 between the two boats and lost several more. Our clients had light line and light rods with spincasters and had a ball fighting and playing the fish.

I think we ended the day at 11:30 ish with the 13 hybrids and 30 sandbass. After he hybrids were caught, we gave little thought to loading the boat with sandbass, we were looking for my hybrids.

It was a pleasure to help Billy and fish with my clients. I used to say I would not guide, but the guys I fished with today were a real pleasure to fish with. We quit as they were going on to Arkansas for some more fish. Both the dads were in their mid 70's and they had a ball fishing with their sons and that is what it is all about.

[This message has been edited by Steve Bradbury (edited 05-07-2003).]
Posted By: Shorty Roberson

Re: Cedar Creek - 05/08/03 01:59 PM

Great story Steve. That is what it's about.
I'll be out there the 17th, I hope to see ya there.

------------------
Decisions, Decisions, Decisions....To Go Fish'n Or Go Jeep'n That Is The Question!...Work Is not The Answer!

Re: Cedar Creek - 05/09/03 03:51 AM

I WILL BE THERE ON A MAKE GOOD TRIP FOR TWO BUDDIES THAT HAVE DONE A LOT OF FREE OR AT COST WORK FOR ME. THEY ARE ALREADY TALKING ABOUT IT AND THEY ARE TWINS...HOPE I DO NOT GET CONFUSED..

Re: Cedar Creek - 05/12/03 02:39 PM

[This message has been edited by J.P. Greeson (edited 05-12-2003).]
Posted By: Shorty Roberson

Re: Cedar Creek - 05/12/03 06:35 PM

Be sure to stop and say hey!
I'll be in a Blue and White Bay Hawk.
We'll be out hopefully first thing in the morning.
Hope to see ya'll
Shorty

------------------
Decisions, Decisions, Decisions....To Go Fish'n Or Go Jeep'n That Is The Question!...Work Is not The Answer!

Re: Cedar Creek - 05/12/03 06:38 PM

I will be there, my freebie has turned into a guided trip. So, i will have my two buddies that I owe a trip to, but they want to bring somebody and pay for them to go, so I will not complain, just means more fish for me to clean.

I may be out there on Sunday as well, I was contacted about taking two men out then. If not, i will probably go with buddies.

[This message has been edited by J.P. Greeson (edited 05-12-2003).]
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum