Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Lewisville 6/15

Posted By: Flies-By-Night

Lake Lewisville 6/15 - 06/16/10 05:48 AM

I went to Lake Lewisville with my dad and a friend of ours. The lake was pretty calm around 5:45 but the wind picked up around 6:30. We started near the dam and managed 1 legal hybrid. Moved near the Dallas cut, dead mans and hackberry and couldn't manage to mark anything. We ended up going back near the dam and picked up another legal hybrid (which was landed with a flies by night fly in its mouth). As we were heading in we saw fish hitting the surface and decided to give it try. We fished for about 30 minutes catching doubles and some just off of the fly. Ended the day with about 50 sandies and two legal hybrids.

Bob's 4 Pounder!

Also I would like to say that my flies will now be sold at Striped Bass Tackle. http://www.sbt4u.com/Flies-By-Night-p40.html The colors available are chartreuse, and white with the red head. There is also a picture on there of the proper way to rig the fly. There are lots of ways to rig them but the most popular and most successful is with the dropper loop not tied above a slab or humdinger or mouse or anything really about 12 to 14 inches. Sometimes when the fish are suspended i will even go up to 18 inches.

Posted By: Rangerk9

Re: Lake Lewisville 6/19 - 06/16/10 06:24 AM

Great report and photos. Sounds like an enjoyable evening.

Rex
Posted By: parttime

Re: Lake Lewisville 6/19 - 06/16/10 11:24 AM

Great report. I was wondering how you traveled forward in time to fish on 6/19 when today is only 6/17... smile
Posted By: AllenG

Re: Lake Lewisville 6/19 - 06/16/10 11:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Rangerk9
Great report and photos. Sounds like an enjoyable evening.

Rex

Dang Rex, don't you ever sleep rolfmao
Posted By: gottabefishn

Re: Lake Lewisville 6/19 - 06/16/10 01:44 PM

Originally Posted By: parttime
Great report. I was wondering how you traveled forward in time to fish on 6/19 when today is only 6/17... smile

Very special powers!! smile smile
Posted By: JRR

Re: Lake Lewisville 6/19 - 06/16/10 02:37 PM

We saw fish on top all over the lake but I was there with the kids tubing.
Posted By: high planes drifter

Re: Lake Lewisville 6/19 - 06/16/10 04:22 PM

I guess Flies-by-night went 'back to the future'. At least I know that the fishing will be decent on Saturday evening. LOL!
Posted By: Flies-By-Night

Re: Lake Lewisville 6/19 - 06/16/10 05:05 PM

Sorry about the date, it's summer I don't keep up with the date p
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum