Texas Fishing Forum

Twok last weekend

Posted By: Scotty P

Twok last weekend - 04/29/10 04:48 AM

Camped at the State Park last weekend and got hammered by the storm on friday night. After breakfast on sat morning I took the wife and 4yr old boy out to chase some sandies. Wind was already up. Thanks to the info from Joe Reed and Matt, we found some fish that were hungry on a hump in about 11' of water. We only fished for about an hour before the wife was done with the wind. My boy did catch his first fish where he made the cast (slab), the fish hit and he reeled it in (happened twice)! When I asked him on sunday night at dinner what was his favorite part of our camping trip, he said fishing!!! Thats my boy!
I really appreciate all the info I get on this site and the people who so freely give it to help me catch fish!
Posted By: Lakeguide

Re: Twok last weekend - 04/29/10 09:45 AM

Awesome, glad the boy caught some fish! The wind has been hammering us lately. Think today is gonna be a no-go....
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Twok last weekend - 04/29/10 11:21 AM

Congrats on your boy's 1st fish thumb We canceled our camping trip at the state park due to the weather.
Posted By: threeseas

Re: Twok last weekend - 04/29/10 03:18 PM

keep the boy fishin and its a good bet he will stay far away from ANY TROUBLE ....IT WORKED WITH MINE
Posted By: Guide Joe Read

Re: Twok last weekend - 04/29/10 08:21 PM

Glad to here things went well thumb The wind was brutal Sat. and Sun.

Today was no picnic either! rolleyes

Posted By: Texas Guide Fishing - Mark Parker

Re: Twok last weekend - 04/29/10 08:38 PM

Love to hear them kids catching fish,
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum