Texas Fishing Forum

Palestine sandies

Posted By: Kingfisher4719

Palestine sandies - 07/23/09 05:24 PM

What type of structure is holding sandies on Palestine now? My last visit had them completely scattered and could only catch them trolling. I'm taking my niece from out of state and want her to have fun and get hooked on fishing.
Posted By: Mo

Re: Palestine sandies - 07/23/09 09:52 PM

I was catching a few on the weekend of the 4th. Drifting
a long flat 17-20 ft. using jigging spoon. Caught almost
as many drum. smile

Mo

Re: Palestine sandies - 07/24/09 12:07 PM

Thanks for the info. Think I'll stick to trolling tomorrow and try to locate some fish. That may be the only kind of fishing she'd enjoy at this age (5). For such a big lake, it doesn't seem to have much structure.

Do you ever catch anything on the creek or river channels? I've never tried to catch sandies on that type of structure.
Posted By: sanbasscamp

Re: Palestine sandies - 07/24/09 03:28 PM

the big bridge. get in line, don't play chicken with the 2 big flat bottom boats, with 3-4 people in them. I think they are on auto pilot and can't go around!

I'll try to send as many people there as I can, they are on there, BIG TIME!
Posted By: headsRtails

Re: Palestine sandies - 07/24/09 03:45 PM

There has been some schooling activity. But as quick as it appears, they disappear.

Re: Palestine sandies - 07/24/09 03:51 PM

Funny you mention schooling. On 7-3, I saw some shad jump, and then a small school for about 10 secs (off a ridge). Didn't catch a fish out of 'em. I've heard this was a good schooling lake, but I just haven't seen it. Bad timing I guess.

Good luck, gentlemen.

Re: Palestine sandies - 07/24/09 03:57 PM

This lake sometimes seems to be in a world of its own. This time of year it can be very tuff to find a steady pattern.
Posted By: martyk8

Re: Palestine sandies - 07/24/09 06:38 PM

Theres no steady pattern right now, I go out one day and catch 2 or 3 and the next day catch all I want. But for me its mostly been the hour before dark.
Posted By: Curly Dawg

Re: Palestine sandies - 07/24/09 06:59 PM

Well I ain't been catching nutin. Got skunked twice last week. Just catchen em 1 at a time, here and there. Most hybrids that I have caught were at the BIG BRIDGE...

CD

Whats up HrT, MartyK8.

Re: Palestine sandies - 07/24/09 07:11 PM

Its good hear from ya "Curly Dawg" .... Myself and Marty have been wondering about ya. I figured you been work'n alot as of late.
Posted By: Curly Dawg

Re: Palestine sandies - 07/26/09 03:30 AM

Went out this evening and fished a couple of hours with live shad. Managed one hybrid around 6 lbs. Beats sittin home watchen TV.

CD
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum