Texas Fishing Forum

Favorite Striper/Hybrid/Sand Bass Lake

Posted By: Lakeguide

Favorite Striper/Hybrid/Sand Bass Lake - 05/05/09 03:10 AM

Well which one and why? laugh

Cant believe I mispelled Texoma....... Sorry JD frown
Posted By: NRGNXS

Re: Favorite Striper/Hybrid/Sand Bass Lake - 05/05/09 10:36 AM

Obviously because of location for me Whitney is my choice. If I lived in the proximity of any of the lakes on your list other than Whitney I would most likely have chosen them as my favorite.
Posted By: JD Lyle

Re: Favorite Striper/Hybrid/Sand Bass Lake - 05/05/09 11:40 AM

Matt Ur fired smile smile
Posted By: SteveStrasemeier

Re: Favorite Striper/Hybrid/Sand Bass Lake - 05/05/09 12:24 PM

Texahoma (actually like this spelling sounds more like texas) for me. You can catch Striper all year long.
Posted By: Old Coach

Re: Favorite Striper/Hybrid/Sand Bass Lake - 05/05/09 01:06 PM

I live 20 minutes from Whitney boat ramp,fish there all the time,1 1/2 hr from RC&Cedar Creek,2hr from RH,3 1/2 from Texoma.Texoma gets my vote no contest.
Posted By: Paul Rogers

Re: Favorite Striper/Hybrid/Sand Bass Lake - 05/05/09 01:45 PM

i vote hubbard cause i know it best. if i knew texoma like i do hubbard, that would probably be my vote. nailing a 7-10 lb striper is awesome!
Posted By: David's Fishing Guide Service

Re: Favorite Striper/Hybrid/Sand Bass Lake - 05/05/09 03:11 PM

What about Ray Roberts? That lake has some huge sandies in it. And very little boat traffic.
Posted By: Craig K

Re: Favorite Striper/Hybrid/Sand Bass Lake - 05/05/09 03:24 PM

What?? No love for PK...i hate golden algae. It has to be Texoma. I havent fished Whitney or Belton so Texoma it is
Posted By: TheRodFather

Re: Favorite Striper/Hybrid/Sand Bass Lake - 05/05/09 05:00 PM

Texoma is hard to beat..that lake always amazes me.
Posted By: jcav

Re: Favorite Striper/Hybrid/Sand Bass Lake - 05/05/09 05:03 PM

It's hard to beat Texoma.
Posted By: Flies-By-Night

Re: Favorite Striper/Hybrid/Sand Bass Lake - 05/05/09 05:19 PM

Tawakoni, because it is a beautiful lake and produces nice size and variety of fish!
Posted By: redfin®

Re: Favorite Striper/Hybrid/Sand Bass Lake - 05/05/09 11:31 PM

Man, the tournament crazed people who will use this to schedule next year's tournaments. I tried to send "them" out more toward west Texas in last year's poll.

We desperately need a few more tournaments... yawn

Texoma
Posted By: Slabman ‘180’

Re: Favorite Striper/Hybrid/Sand Bass Lake - 05/05/09 11:48 PM

I love Texoma, you get a different kinda feeling when your even driving there, knowing that your going to have a blast and have a shot at some great fish...But...didnt even vote that way, never been to Tawakoni. Depending on future Hybrid Stockings would make or break my choice. It is so hard to not pick a lake that has great facilities(ramps, restrooms, cleaning stations,...) good fish, and nobody out there to bother you on the lake, almost like a private pond. For all of that I would love to live right next to Cooper. But that is just a small slight edge over Texoma.
Posted By: Lakeguide

Re: Favorite Striper/Hybrid/Sand Bass Lake - 05/06/09 12:41 AM

Originally Posted By: JD Lyle
Matt Ur fired smile smile

I knew how to spell it, I just fatfingered the keyboard and there ain't no editing the poll after you hit submit.... hammer
Posted By: Johnny Jr

Re: Favorite Striper/Hybrid/Sand Bass Lake - 05/06/09 01:00 AM

Texoma with Tawakoni a distant second. When Texoma is on fire it is hard to beat. I remember one time being in the two river are and seeing topwater fish as far as the eye could see in any direction...absolutely amazing. Also have a 20# on the wall off a topwater. There are good fish in Tawakoni, just not the numbers that texoma can produce.
Posted By: Parker

Re: Favorite Striper/Hybrid/Sand Bass Lake - 05/06/09 01:46 AM

i'd picked pancake. then cedar creek. guess it'll have to be richland chambers oh well.
Posted By: rbadley

Re: Favorite Striper/Hybrid/Sand Bass Lake - 05/06/09 02:08 AM

My favorite isn't on there. CC is by far my favorite cause I get to fish it more. However, I like Whitney, RC and Texoma as well.
Posted By: Hydra Sport

Re: Favorite Striper/Hybrid/Sand Bass Lake - 05/06/09 02:38 AM

ok this is my 2 penny's worth ... fished both texoma and tawakoni both a bunch and i love them both ... i live an equal distance from both 2 hour drive ... i can go catch fish any time on both lakes ... however ... i can catch a bunch of small fish 8 under 2 fish over 20" @ texoma ... or i can go catch and keep 5 over 18" fish at tawokoni plus a ton of unders ... for my money in gas and expense it is no doubt tawokoni any day all day. great poll thanks, clete
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Favorite Striper/Hybrid/Sand Bass Lake - 05/06/09 02:56 AM

I have only fished Cedar Creek 1 time. That was last weekend with Varner and Nitro. If that is any reflection of how well that lake fishes, it gets my vote.
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Favorite Striper/Hybrid/Sand Bass Lake - 05/06/09 04:08 AM

I voted for Lavon cuz its easy to spell.

Matt, the Apalachian "mountain dew" fishermen spell and pronounce it "Texaoma" also bolt
Posted By: gizzard flip

Re: Favorite Striper/Hybrid/Sand Bass Lake - 05/06/09 05:01 AM

Richland Chambers has my vote. Texoma 2nd .
Posted By: FishNHunt

Re: Favorite Striper/Hybrid/Sand Bass Lake - 05/06/09 02:45 PM

I voted Tawakoni because as much as I Love Texoma there are just too many Pleasure boaters out there. Ive been on the calmest of days to Big Tex and my bass boat still gets flooded out with the cruisers passing me. We get the occassional jet skier passing us at 15 feet from the boat at Tawakoni but there is just alot less traffic on that lake. And I like to mix in the Magnum Sandies with the Striper and Hybrids at Tawakoni.

Posted By: JSIG

Re: Favorite Striper/Hybrid/Sand Bass Lake - 05/06/09 03:11 PM

Texoma for consistency on stripers but I don't think there are many (if any) hybrids in there. At least I've never caught a Hybrid there. I haven't fished Tawakoni but from the reports it sounds like it has been the hottest lake this year for stripers & hybrids. I fish Lavon for sandies and am usually worn the heck out from catching 2 @ a time all day. Fun, fun!
Posted By: FishNHunt

Re: Favorite Striper/Hybrid/Sand Bass Lake - 05/06/09 05:45 PM

JSIG, I fish Lavon too but honestly I have trouble catching Sandies over 11 inches. Just dont understand why the Sandies are so small on this lake consistantly. U would be shocked by the size of the sandies out of Tawakoni compared to Lavon. Richland Chambers/Cedar Creek/Bridgeport are magnums too(lakes I fish the most).

Im 5 minutes from Lavon so fish it the most.
Posted By: JSIG

Re: Favorite Striper/Hybrid/Sand Bass Lake - 05/06/09 05:55 PM

We had the same problem before last summer on Lavon but we got into bigger fish several times last summer, non-stop action w/ a few good size stripers mixed in. We still catch alot of small ones but there are definitley alot more biguns. It's good to see it turning around because I am real close as well.

I gotto go to Tawakoni soon & get into some of that Hybrid action!
Posted By: No Sweat

Re: Favorite Striper/Hybrid/Sand Bass Lake - 05/06/09 06:29 PM

Texoma for me...keep my boat there and been going since the early 70's.

JSIG, there are some hybrids there, washed in from the floods over the years...caught several last year, but not any yet this year.
Posted By: FishSlayer07

Re: Favorite Striper/Hybrid/Sand Bass Lake - 05/06/09 06:33 PM

I am looking forward to getting up to Twak and Texoma but I choose Belton because I live 5 minutes from the water and I am out there all of the time. Ive caught about 200 whites in the last 2 weeks under the lights at night on minners with a few crappie, cats, and hybrids mixed in.
Posted By: eleanor

Re: Favorite Striper/Hybrid/Sand Bass Lake - 05/06/09 09:00 PM

Well, I voted Texoma simply because that lake has always amazed me. I've fished Striped bass for a long time and Texoma is the most prolific fishery I've ever experienced.

I really should have voted Ray Hubbard -- simply because I have my little boat in a slip there. Having the lake available whenever I want to go out really does make it the best in many ways.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum