Texas Fishing Forum

Texoma - 08/02

Posted By: KB

Texoma - 08/02 - 08/03/08 12:07 AM

Ok, I am still a novice at this striper fishing but it seemed tough today. Caught 1 about 4 pounds in a couple of hours but that was it for me.

Anyone do any good today?

KB
Posted By: JD Lyle

Re: Texoma - 08/02 - 08/03/08 10:30 AM

Slow for most people yesterday including me...been getting good limits everyday this month but last 3 days have slowed a little with yesterday being the toughest...In fact yesterday was the first day in in about 4-5 months without a limt. had 3 boats out and none of us did great and talked to about 6-8 others who were having a tough go of it as well...Did have a couple reports from some who did ok but most worked too hard yesterday.
Posted By: redfinŽ

Re: Texoma - 08/02 - 08/03/08 10:40 AM

"Some days you da windshield and some days you da bug."
- J.D. Lyle

Re: Texoma - 08/02 - 08/03/08 10:48 AM

LOL.....ya man aint that the truth smile smile

Jim how ya been ??? long time no see....
Posted By: Hydra Sport

Re: Texoma - 08/02 - 08/03/08 12:39 PM

violin bump
Posted By: redfinŽ

Re: Texoma - 08/02 - 08/03/08 01:12 PM

Busier than a one-legged man in a butt kickin' contest - for 33 years I never worked very hard but now with 4 years left until retirement, they decide to wake up and work my azz off. Where's my Golden Parachute offer for me to refuse or not (Brett Farve and the Packers)? Only in pro-football I guess....shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.....
Posted By: BAMAboy

Re: Texoma - 08/02 - 08/03/08 02:21 PM

I'd be willing to take $20mil not to play for them. bannana2
Posted By: CodyPatt1

Re: Texoma - 08/02 - 08/03/08 04:11 PM

We limited in 2 hours, caught many of them on slabs.

Re: Texoma - 08/02 - 08/03/08 08:36 PM

well then why dont you tell us where and when codypatt.. sounds like you did better than the dozen or so I talked to.

if ya did so great then why dont ya share specifics like I have been doing for many years.. Ill take some help from someone else for a change smile
Posted By: Ranger66

Re: Texoma - 08/02 - 08/03/08 08:47 PM

We were doing some trash fishing just outside Eisenhower Sat. morning and only saw a few striper hitting on top. Most were small too. We usually catch a few striper along with our "trash fish", but didn't have any that morning???

Re: Texoma - 08/02 - 08/03/08 09:13 PM

Shane i was in that area Sat for a while as well...but in cognito so you wouldnt have recognized me smile was in a different boat this weekend,,,
We found some fish inside the coves N of eisenhower busting for a while but didnt stay long...FYI I havent caught any of your "trash fish" in a long time smile smile

Looked like a trash fish tourney this weekend at highport.. were you in that one ? I saw one boat catch 2 nice trash fish as I was leaving the marina...
Posted By: CodyPatt1

Re: Texoma - 08/02 - 08/03/08 11:18 PM

Originally Posted By: jdlyle
well then why dont you tell us where and when codypatt.. sounds like you did better than the dozen or so I talked to.

if ya did so great then why dont ya share specifics like I have been doing for many years.. Ill take some help from someone else for a change smile

We fished between the 70 bridge and the railroad tracks...Caught some on the hump near the tracks and rest near the ridge by the 70 bridge in 50-60 ft of water suspended at 30ft.

Only saw topwater action at first light and that was it. Used live shad and slabs to catch the fish.
Posted By: fishinman

Re: Texoma - 08/02 - 08/03/08 11:28 PM

Hey, Ranger---
Two a days just a round the corner?
Posted By: Redfish1975

Re: Texoma - 08/02 - 08/03/08 11:47 PM

Anyone willing to tell me how to use slabs as for I am new to this kind of fishing.

Re: Texoma - 08/02 - 08/04/08 08:53 AM

Go to www.sixoldgeezers.com
and look for his link to slabbing tips..

Cody the only couple good reports I got came from that same area tween and above both bridges...
Posted By: Whiskey & Me

Re: Texoma - 08/02 - 08/04/08 10:55 AM

I was going to post my own thread...but I guess, I'll just say hello here...

I went out Saturday midday with the boy and road around on his jetski...(we stayed away from everyone fishin' and he wanted to check out Party Island...imagine that) rolfmao

Then later on Sat. evening the wife wanted to head out...

We went out and found our selves all alone and we caught 2 limits of good fish (stripers) and I caught a couple of Catfish...one being 17 pounds!!!!! ON A HUMDINGER!!!!!! clap

Last night we went out again, and hit the same spot and we found topwater fish right off...had a little company out there...but we did fine all the same...cleaned about 15 or so...and threw back some small stuff!

Most caught on 3" chugbugs, and the rest on a chart/white humdinger!

Basically fishin' is still good...

Oh, and last night everyone, (pretty much) played nice! breakdance

J.J.
Posted By: TheRodFather

Re: Texoma - 08/02 - 08/04/08 12:21 PM

We stayed west by highport yesterday along the rocks and did real well with overs. probably had around thirty five between the two of us.
Posted By: BAMAboy

Re: Texoma - 08/02 - 08/04/08 12:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Whiskey & Me
....I went out Saturday midday with the boy and road around on his jetski...(we stayed away from everyone fishin' and he wanted to check out Party Island...imagine that) rolfmao J.J.

eeks J.J. Say it ain't so scared. Stay away from the DARK SIDE. I'm sure the ride wasn't on the chance of seeing beautiful young women in skimpy bikini's. The thought makes my stomach turn. sick I guess it's good to teach your kids what to stay away from. huh
Good to hear the fishing is still good. thumb
Posted By: Ranger66

Re: Texoma - 08/02 - 08/04/08 03:14 PM

JD, I wasn't in that tournament (Media Bass), but am getting ready for a night tournament next week. Hope nothing happened to your boat.

Fishinman, I'm in the coaches office right now. We start next week.
Posted By: Kerry Dugan

Re: Texoma - 08/02 - 08/04/08 03:23 PM

Hope they are still hitting this weekend, family trip planned for fri-sun. Usually do pretty good out from grandpappy point and to the south. Been getting in them down by dam but usually smaller ones.

Re: Texoma - 08/02 - 08/04/08 03:42 PM

Shane trust me I wasnt in other boats cuz I wanted to be....Boats been in captivity at the shop for a week+ getting some repairs.. should have it back tomorrow.. I hope
Posted By: bryceban

Re: Texoma - 08/02 - 08/04/08 05:39 PM

Originally Posted By: CodyPatt1
Originally Posted By: jdlyle

We fished between the 70 bridge and the railroad tracks...Caught some on the hump near the tracks and rest near the ridge by the 70 bridge in 50-60 ft of water suspended at 30ft.

Only saw topwater action at first light and that was it. Used live shad and slabs to catch the fish.

That's where we were at Friday morning for awhile, all we got were mostly small ones and a couple sandies on slabs. Finished the day with 18 striper, 4 sandies, and a blue cat. We were out with a guide and fished our butts off, not even close to our limit but better than everyone else we talked to, Friday was a tough day for sure.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum