Texas Fishing Forum

Eagle Mountain 5/28

Posted By: TxWidowMaker32

Eagle Mountain 5/28 - 05/28/08 06:39 PM

I could not catch one single sand bass today. I tried fishing many humps from 20 to 30 ft with no luck at all. I need someone to explain what the hell I am seeing on my fish finder. I never have had the little half moon images I see indicating there are fish. The lake was perfect though. I did also manage to catch something else though! She was 5 lb. 2 oz. Sorry to those of you that would throw it back. I never keep a bass, but today was different.

Posted By: fool4fishing

Re: Eagle Mountain 5/28 - 05/28/08 06:43 PM

Nothing wrong with keeping a nice LMB as yours! Just think of it as helping in cleansing the lake a bit! grin

BTW,, don't post this in the Bass Section!!

Re: Eagle Mountain 5/28 - 05/28/08 06:57 PM

Hahaha. I already did. When they start buying my gear and paying for my gas I will fish the way they want me too. This is the only bass I have ever kept in my life while out fishing alone so they will get over it.
Posted By: dgilbert

Re: Eagle Mountain 5/28 - 05/28/08 07:42 PM

My guess a NO wind day didn't help you.
Posted By: Jason Gilstrap

Re: Eagle Mountain 5/28 - 05/28/08 07:50 PM

txwidowmaker

what time did u fish out there today? me and buddy of mine hammer them today after we got done bass fishing today.

Re: Eagle Mountain 5/28 - 05/28/08 07:52 PM

also sent u pm
Posted By: Eagle Mountain Guide - David Everitt

Re: Eagle Mountain 5/28 - 05/28/08 08:05 PM

Agree with DG. Slab bite is usually good until the first of June or so on deeper humps. Summer pattern starts very soon. Thermocline builds and fish will vanish from deeper humps until fall. They will be moving a lot also. Time to start thinking shallow. Last few weeks, very small marks on graph but, fish are there.

David
www.davesguideservice.net
www.dakotatacklecompany.com

Re: Eagle Mountain 5/28 - 05/28/08 08:17 PM

I was there from about 0830 until 1300. I promise you I was in the only yellow boat on the lake. Seriously anytine any of you see me out there swing by. Even if I am reeling them in left and right I would enjoy the company. Once school is out I will have my 8 yr old with me quite a bit. I did not only look in deep water. My problem is there are times when my graph has black sepcks everywhere on it. I assume it is bait fish seeing how I never catch anything when it is like that. It is one of those with a small screen. I did mess with the settings but could not tell much of a difference. Heck maybe I just go to the wrong places. I worked all along the island trying to find something good on the graph. What part of the lake are you guys slaying them on?

Re: Eagle Mountain 5/28 - 05/28/08 09:44 PM

TX... are you going out there tomorrow?
Posted By: BridgeportGuide

Re: Eagle Mountain 5/28 - 05/28/08 09:59 PM

Nice LMB!
Posted By: Rick 848

Re: Eagle Mountain 5/28 - 05/28/08 10:36 PM

I was graphing sandies in 30' of water today at Amon Carter. They were all from the surface down to 10'. When they surfaced I could catch them with a white Humdinger, but after all the surface action stopped, they wouldn't bite. They started coming to the top in small groups and didn't stay up long about 1:00. Only caught 8, but it was getting too hot for this ol' boy so I was off the water by 2:30. At least they're starting to show themselves now. Should be getting really good for the summer patterns.
Posted By: infamousfisher

Re: Eagle Mountain 5/28 - 05/28/08 11:20 PM

Originally Posted By: TxWidowMaker32
Hahaha. I already did. When they start buying my gear and paying for my gas I will fish the way they want me too. This is the only bass I have ever kept in my life while out fishing alone so they will get over it.

That is the truth, if it is a legal fish, filet em up and straight to the grease! stir
Posted By: 111

Re: Eagle Mountain 5/28 - 05/29/08 12:05 AM

went out with johnny tthis afternoon and we caught 184
Posted By: sandjohnny

Re: Eagle Mountain 5/28 - 05/29/08 12:40 AM

Tx I suspect your dept finder is not any good, don't get mad . Fish were all over every hump I looked at today. They have been easy to find for the last month. Give me a holler some time and maybe we can hook up and I will try to help. It will not be this good much longer.
Johnny

Re: Eagle Mountain 5/28 - 05/29/08 02:18 AM

Well I promise you that some of it is in fact me. The fish finder came with the boat so I did not expect much. I guess the transducer is shooting through my hull somewhere. Wherever it is you cannot see it from outside of the boat. There are times when I get tons of black on the screen, but it appears as dots and never the crescent deals. I might try and get back out Friday morning.
Posted By: BAMAboy

Re: Eagle Mountain 5/28 - 05/29/08 02:38 PM

TX, I think we have similar problems. I've got a good unit,(LMS 480) but don't know how to set it up very well. I've never really seen the arches, and I know that if the transducer isn't level you won't see arches but I've tried re-adjusting it a few times and it don't seem to make much difference. Mon. when we were out I started playing with the grayscale, contrast, and I don't remember what else. It seemed better but still not good. At least now I can see the contour lines on my GPS real good. noidea
Posted By: sandjohnny

Re: Eagle Mountain 5/28 - 05/29/08 03:47 PM

Sandbass don't make real good arches look for fire ant mounds right on the bottom,thats what they look like.
Johnny
Posted By: BAMAboy

Re: Eagle Mountain 5/28 - 05/29/08 04:19 PM

Now that I've seen hmmm. I feel better now. bannana2
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum