Texas Fishing Forum

Eagle Mountain 5/14

Posted By: sandjohnny

Eagle Mountain 5/14 - 05/14/08 09:42 PM

Went to E/M about noon Proline220 came out. Caught fish on mid lake humps 27 to 32ft of water.Greg caught his fish on a beast and I caught mine on 0le ugly. We ran into some fish under the birds on the way in. We ended up with 175 on the clicker and we know we did not count a bunch. Mondo and wife and kids came out and did real well.
It was a real fun day had the lake almost to ourselves, I like it that way.
Johnny
Posted By: 111

Re: Eagle Mountain 5/14 - 05/14/08 09:54 PM

yeah was a good day .. glad we got to get out between the stormsall caught on the beast rattle slab by RJR lures
Posted By: lancer821

Re: Eagle Mountain 5/14 - 05/14/08 10:45 PM

Man, I'm jealous! June 3rd can't get here soon enough. The students and myself have spring fever and want out of the four walls of learning to enjoy the outdoors. Glad you all had a good day and hope to be joining you all soon.

Posted By: XYZ

Re: Eagle Mountain 5/14 - 05/14/08 11:03 PM

We had a blast and Greg got another dose of birth control since my two year-old was in special form today I must admit a dunk in the water crossed my mind a few times and the wife even considered it a few times herself. Nevertheless, we had a blast and the SandJ's and Greg's company was pleasant. I am not certain how may we boated but we kept about 15-17 fish and after I dropped off Isa and Angie at the ramp Sophia and I went back and got into some schooling fish and caught 25-30 fish out of that surface action before they moved out.

I fished "old-school" like Sand Johnny today anchored up and boy it was much better than dealing with a t-motor, also Sand J fishes sitting down as you can see prima donna par excellence P220 did not waste time in adopting this fishing style.

Here is my 2 year-old spying a wind blow point that did not yield any fish, but it is a good shot of RJR's Beast's as well. My wife uses that bait exclusively as does Greg. For the price you cannot beat a Beast see Finny Tribe for these baits and for Potlickers in a few weeks. I tried out a Sand Johnny Ole' Ugly and it worked well, but for the most part I was unhooking fish and keeping the Isa from drinking lake water.

Greg made the mistake of hinting to my girls he was going to maybe buy them a pair of Sponge Bob reels and well they took him up on it, well it was money well spent as they have given them a work out. My girls love Greg he gets them whatever they want and let's them get away with murder, then he goes home and leaves me to deal with the mayhem.

All I can say was, what a day... And today I used the best fish cleaning station in the state. Thanks Sand J... I owe you big time.

Re: Eagle Mountain 5/14 - 05/14/08 11:44 PM

xyz my fishing style is old man lazy style. So be careful people will start calling you an old man and accuse you of being lazy. I love fishing that style when I got an achor boy to jerk the anchor.
Johnny

Re: Eagle Mountain 5/14 - 05/14/08 11:50 PM

happy to help out man ... lol gotta save terry's grandpa from hurting his back
Posted By: Thunderbolt

Re: Eagle Mountain 5/14 - 05/14/08 11:53 PM

Its about to kill me not having my boat to get out there. My boat has been in and out of the shop for over 2 weeks now, I should have it back any day now. I'm off work til about the end of the month just no boat. Don't catch all the fish guys.
Posted By: Jonathan W

Re: Eagle Mountain 5/14 - 05/15/08 12:23 AM

I went out this evening to try out a new fish finder. Caught a few on the humps and even a nice 5 pound blue cat on Johnny's Ole' Ugly. It was a nice evening on the lake and I hated to leave em' biting but luckily I did. Got home and put the boat up just as it started raining and lightning.

Jonathan

Re: Eagle Mountain 5/14 - 05/15/08 12:35 AM

Originally Posted By: OrangeFreak
I went out this evening to try out a new fish finder. Caught a few on the humps and even a nice 5 pound blue cat on Johnny's Ole' Ugly. It was a nice evening on the lake and I hated to leave em' biting but luckily I did. Got home and put the boat up just as it started raining and lightning.

Jonathan

Good going J.. Are you going out tomorrow?
Posted By: Jonathan W

Re: Eagle Mountain 5/14 - 05/15/08 01:47 AM

Probably, will most likely be after 6:30pm though

Re: Eagle Mountain 5/14 - 05/15/08 02:00 AM

I may head out tomorrow again. It is suppose to be nice out.

Re: Eagle Mountain 5/14 - 05/15/08 09:09 AM

lets go man i should be done around 4 ish

Re: Eagle Mountain 5/14 - 05/15/08 09:45 AM

Leave some seed fish.Wish I was going I have to go to Abliene around noon.
Johnny
Posted By: Left Hook

Re: Eagle Mountain 5/14 - 05/15/08 10:00 AM

Glad to see youguys are catching on EM. You cant beat time with family & friends. When are you coming back to Ray Bob?
Posted By: SLABMAKER

Re: Eagle Mountain 5/14 - 05/15/08 11:52 AM

GOOD REPORT GUYS! LOOKS LIKE A GOOD TIME HAD. I'M SURE WHEN YA'LL GET TOGETHER TO FISH ITS ALWAYS A GOOD TIME. LOL! GLAD THOSE RJR BEAST ARE WORKING WELL FOR YA'LL.

BRAD

Re: Eagle Mountain 5/14 - 05/15/08 12:17 PM

need more asap
Posted By: BAMAboy

Re: Eagle Mountain 5/14 - 05/15/08 12:48 PM

Originally Posted By: XYZ

......Greg made the mistake of hinting to my girls he was going to maybe buy them a pair of Sponge Bob reels and well they took him up on it, well it was money well spent as they have given them a work out. My girls love Greg he gets them whatever they want and let's them get away with murder, then he goes home and leaves me to deal with the mayhem.

eeksIsn't that what Grandparents are for? Spoil em rotten, buy them noisy toys, then send em home with their parents to drive them crazy. A little payback for the parents childhood years. bannana2
Sounds like you guys had a nice day out. Nice catches. thumb Hope you saved some for me.
Are there any hybrids in Eagle Mountain? I've heard yes and I've heard no noidea. I realize there could be some from lakes above EM.

Guys looks like I'll be out there Sat. Probably early afternoon. Any hints would be helpful. I don't know the lake yet and stumbled across a nice hump by the dam Sat. and got lucky. After last Sat. I put my bimini top back on my boat. Makes fishing a little more difficult but it sure helps keep the sun off. Sat was HOT. I was real tempted to jump in with my Grandkids. It's been so long since I've been swimming I figured I would sink like a 4oz slab. eeks

Posted By: Karl J.S.

Re: Eagle Mountain 5/14 - 05/15/08 02:43 PM

Bama,

I have never seen any, but I hear there used to be a few years ago.

Other guys can speak to this better, but fish have been schooling north of the island this spring. So far, that has been the only consistant thing this spring. All my other catches have been in different humps and dropoffs every time.

Hope this helps.

Re: Eagle Mountain 5/14 - 05/15/08 04:14 PM

Thanks for the info Karl. thumb
Posted By: Thunderbolt

Re: Eagle Mountain 5/14 - 05/15/08 04:58 PM

bamaboy,

I caught a 6 lbs hybrid last year. Very very few out there, in fact I'm fairly sure they have never stock them in there but a few that manage to come from bridgeport.

Weston

Re: Eagle Mountain 5/14 - 05/15/08 06:53 PM

I hope I find one that swam down. bannana2
Posted By: goose

Re: Eagle Mountain 5/14 - 05/15/08 08:29 PM

Tarrant Regional was putting water in EM last week when I was by EM Marina from their new pipeline. That means it won't be long before we will have yellow bass in EM. Don't know if this will be good or bad for EM. See yall.
Posted By: Shane I

Re: Eagle Mountain 5/14 - 05/16/08 11:47 AM

Those are some good looking sandies.
Posted By: 3Sheets

Re: Eagle Mountain 5/14 - 05/16/08 12:12 PM

I'll be on the water within the hour. Finally gonna get to do some fishing, and with a little luck, some catching too! I'll be in a white Landau with a Honda 50 on it, if ya see me come say hi.

Scott
Posted By: cheap.fishin

Re: Eagle Mountain 5/14 - 05/18/08 11:00 PM

Where do you guys put in at? I have a 14 ft. Jon boat and dont like to go to far from the marina, I like Harbor One cause it's easy to put the boat back on the trailer when out alone. I gotta hook up w/you guys sometime.

Re: Eagle Mountain 5/14 - 05/18/08 11:17 PM

I put in at the anglers club.
Johnny
Posted By: dgilbert

Re: Eagle Mountain 5/14 - 05/19/08 10:07 AM

Should be out there in the morning some time (Tuesday). Stop and say hey.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum