Texas Fishing Forum

Belton Bunch April 2008 #2

Posted By: deckhand*

Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/26/08 04:16 PM

Well we did it. We used 100 pages in less than a month 1st time this year,I think. Her is the offical new thread for the rest of the month. Chicken bones were going crazy yesterday. It is a good thing MrG had a long and tiring week, or other wise he and I might of got caught in the storm.
Posted By: dbones

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/26/08 05:04 PM

bout to go to work. chisel out one transducer, and replace it with another. puttin new graph on the old boat today................hope it is worth it. Gotta feeling I will need a few blue cans during the process.
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/26/08 07:58 PM

Originally Posted By: George T
Just got a call from my boat shed owners and they said they had no damage to any of their storage units out on Morgan's Point cept for a couple night light bulbs busted. flehan

Yeah that was amazing SallySue. Never seen it hail blue cans and cell phones.....musta been a helluva sight. grin

Good to hear that GT, and yes sir, I missed the blue cans as well

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/26/08 08:08 PM

offtopic
Ok folks, took Snakman out for some crappie action today. Went to where I figured they'd be, and they were banana

We caught way too many nasty green fish, 3 drum (me) and I could not complete the deal on several that got off at the boat hammer

Had a great time catching fish, went thru 4 dozen minnows, and put 19 slabs in the ice chest. 18 males, 1 female noidea

Snakman with a nice slab

We would of had more crappie, but someone kept catching those nasty green fish bang (wasting minnows)

Here's the total layed out

Since I will not be here for the "Take a Vet fishing", I started early with Snakman flag

Posted By: SALLYSUE

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/26/08 09:02 PM

Nice bunch of crappy. Somebody going to be eating good. And I thought they stop biting. I am just at the wrong place.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/26/08 09:39 PM

Originally Posted By: SALLYSUE
Nice bunch of crappy. Somebody going to be eating good. And I thought they stop biting. I am just at the wrong place.

Thanks, PM sent thumb

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/26/08 10:42 PM

offtopic nice bunch of little green fish guys offtopic

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/26/08 10:43 PM

Originally Posted By: deckhand*
offtopic nice bunch of little green fish guys offtopic

grin

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/26/08 11:19 PM

nice to see the fish pic but even better to see the guy in the pic having some fun.........

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/26/08 11:22 PM

Originally Posted By: dbones
nice to see the fish pic but even better to see the guy in the pic having some fun.........

rolfmao oh yea, he had fun..it was a great day for the both of us

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/26/08 11:48 PM

Waiting on the Fools report...seems like I saw a cooler full of hybrids come across my phone

popcorn
Posted By: MrG

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/27/08 12:46 AM

Sorry I didn't report back in yesterday. Got sidetracked by family stuff. Baseball all day today. All was cool at both barns. Glad everyone came though the storm safe. Weather forecast for tomorrow????
Posted By: Cvillemudcat

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/27/08 12:47 AM

Hope ya'll all survived the bad weather yesterday! Hit Decker this am for a few hours and caught a few. Will post a pic later.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/27/08 12:58 AM

I got that same pic of fish in the ice chest also..........NOT FUNNY as I was working on the boat........but do have the new graph on. Just hope it works when I hit the water. Now I have lots of reading to do......
Posted By: Yellowcat

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/27/08 01:01 AM

hey BB i have not been talkin here the last day or so. i have read but not had time to post. i decided to go to Cedar Creek lake today instead of the Brazos. we put 21 blues in the boat. it was a slow day but still had fun. also finally found me a small outboard. the guy i fish with at Cedar Creek has a 3H Gamefisher made by sears that will work just fine for what i need.
Posted By: fool4fishing

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/27/08 04:17 AM

Originally Posted By: TreeBass
Waiting on the Fools report...seems like I saw a cooler full of hybrids come across my phone

popcorn

The Fools Late Night Report!!

Just got in after a little GTG for my very good friend Clint. It was his Birthday. We went straight from fishing over this their house. I didn't see any blue cans but sure was quite a few Blue Bottles..LOL Did I ever mention that they always have some awesome grub for parties!! flehan

Anyways, 14 Hybrids and a bunch of whites today. Seen some great folks on the lake, SS, Pauline, Crab Bait and Family, Tommy (Hook em), Tommy and Robin. Lot's of boats out today, Crazy divers!!

Matt(Crab Bait) and Family.. They were wacking them fish today.

Tommy and Robin in their very sweeet looking boat. You gotta see it up close.. Nice thumb

The Ice chest..
BTW, the shad is the size we were using.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/27/08 04:30 AM

After seeing the streets near Belton with all those leave on the road and driveways, I am glad no one got hurt. You folks had one heck of a Hail Storm last night.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/27/08 04:42 AM

Last post..

Krisy took the Helm and steered us onto a load of fish. After slamming them for a while, here comes the Lone Ranger, eyeballing us catching fish until he just had to try his luck too. Drop his trolling motor and start slabbing. He get caught up onto my anchor rope and pulls the dang anchor out of the water and cut his line. Yes siree buddy, pulled my anchor up with his fishing line and threw us off our hole.. So funny, I asked him you pulled my anchor up, he replied, I dropped in back into the water. I asked what kind of line he had, he replied 40lbs line. No wonder he was able to pull my anchor up, he said be careful there is a peice of his hook on the rope, sure nuff, hook in rope, looked like a catfish hook, It was a thick hook.. LOL Cool Dude!!

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/27/08 04:47 AM

Hey Larry!
Posted By: Wishing4Fishing

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/27/08 04:51 AM

Good to see Snakman's face! Glad you all had a good time crappie fishing. We need to go catch some. Its been a while. I had to come check in and see if John gave me credit for putting him on the fish and I see he did not, lol. He got mad at me because my built in fish radar was working overdrive today and I kept saying no we need to go that way, go over there. He finally said ok you go drive the boat and find the fish and I went right to them and told him get in the front and drop the anchor when I say. Well he did and I got us right on top of the pile of hybrids. We were whacking them til some guy got his lure stuck in our anchor rope and pulled up our anchor then we lost them and didn't get back into them til later in the day when it was almost time to leave and caught a few more. Thanks to my Mom for the fish finding instincts I inherited from her, lol. Stay safe, it looks like more nasty weather on the way.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/27/08 04:52 AM

Lol, he saw I was on the forum and slapped that last post in there. Suck up! Lol.
Posted By: FishTracker

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/27/08 04:57 AM

Well, moved into the house today, lots of work ahead. I hear that some of the lakes around here opened up today for trout fishing. Didn't realize that lakes close. LOL, slowly but surely I am buying some tackle to handle these big boys out here, but priorities first. Just got out of the hot tub, ran out of beer, did I mention I have my priorities straight. The back sure did appreciate the soak though. Gonna start working on digging holes to extend my fence tomorrow. Two labs need more room than what I have now. F4F, and TB, nice pics of the fish. Notice I didn't call you. I think I did reply to Fools with two words that I won't mention here. LOL, See you guys in about a week.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/27/08 06:46 AM

Well, can't top F4F's report, BTW nice catch!! Fished Decker from 7'ish to 11'ish am after work. Couldn't find the shad in the normal spots, but the few shad I did find caught these. Boated 4 Hybrids and 2 Whites, the 4th Hybrid was too short...

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/27/08 06:54 AM

Anyone gonna venture out on Belton Sunday?? My wife's family thingy is still on at TLP, so I guess I'm bringing the boat....

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/27/08 11:06 AM

Not Sallysue . I am gonna be lazy and proud of it. Unless my wife changes my plans which sometimes happens but that don't mean I am not the boss of this place. LOL

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/27/08 12:15 PM

IO don't think this front is going to shut the bite down. If anyone hits the water as long as there is no lighting the fish should cooperate. Remember to wear rain gear it still may be wet. Off to church bolt
Posted By: Thumpmeister1

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/27/08 12:29 PM

Good catch TB & Snakman.

Looks like I gonna be lazy today like Sallysue. Just like a lizard on a rock! de
Posted By: dizzy

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/27/08 01:05 PM

Hello Belton Bunch!

I've been reading the forum for ~ the last 9 months but didn't join until this morning. My family is in the process of moving up to the Belton area from Bryan and we all love (live) to fish. We've fished for whites on Somerville for many years reasonably successfully once we learned the lake. But now we are looking forward to starting over on Lake Belton. I've learned a lot from reading your posts and the occasional chance to fish Belton ~once a month. We will hopefully finish our move in a few months so we will get many more opportunities to fish Belton. We tried yesterday for hybrids/WB but couldn't find the shad and didn't do well on the hybrids. So we caught some ugly green fish and HUGE sunfish to fry up for dinner!

The lake and area are beautiful and I've enjoyed reading your forum. We look forward to meeting some of you on the water (although we did wave to F4F in Feb. right near the TLP launch) participating in the forum and learning some of the BB "trade secrets" for the lake! (I'm not too proud to potlick!) Speaking of trade secrets, without knowing your secret handshake can anyone give me some hints on where to find the shad here?

Thanks & Good Fishing!

Dave

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/27/08 01:40 PM

Good Morning Belton Bunch!

Originally Posted By: dizzy
Hello Belton Bunch!

I've been reading the forum for ~ the last 9 months but didn't join until this morning. My family is in the process of moving up to the Belton area from Bryan and we all love (live) to fish. We've fished for whites on Somerville for many years reasonably successfully once we learned the lake. But now we are looking forward to starting over on Lake Belton. I've learned a lot from reading your posts and the occasional chance to fish Belton ~once a month. We will hopefully finish our move in a few months so we will get many more opportunities to fish Belton. We tried yesterday for hybrids/WB but couldn't find the shad and didn't do well on the hybrids. So we caught some ugly green fish and HUGE sunfish to fry up for dinner!

The lake and area are beautiful and I've enjoyed reading your forum. We look forward to meeting some of you on the water (although we did wave to F4F in Feb. right near the TLP launch) participating in the forum and learning some of the BB "trade secrets" for the lake! (I'm not too proud to potlick!) Speaking of trade secrets, without knowing your secret handshake can anyone give me some hints on where to find the shad here?

Thanks & Good Fishing!

Dave

Welcome to The TFF and Belton Bunch! Glad you joined in on the fun, you will find the Lake Belton is and will be rewarding! Beautiful Lake!

Looking forward to meeting you and your family. Do join us at the Fish Fry, you'll get to meet a lot of fine folks.

John
Posted By: wiper striker

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/27/08 02:04 PM

Welcome to the Belton Bunch, dizzy.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/27/08 02:09 PM

Good Morning Sandy.

Guess no yard work today(raining)! banana

No Fishing either. cry
Posted By: Crab-Bait

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/27/08 02:19 PM

Hello BB!!

Fun fishing yesterday. We finaly got to catch some hibrids, none were big enough to keep but we got into some.

Good to see SS and the Fools. Thank you John for the little fishys. Those are some good size filets that come off those hibrids.

Got a pic of the Fools but the only camera we had on the boat was one of those kid cameras. Oh well better than nothing I guess.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/27/08 03:27 PM

Originally Posted By: dizzy
Hello Belton Bunch!

Thanks & Good Fishing!

Dave
Welome Dizzy! Hint! Secret hand shake envoles a cold blue can. PM sent

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/27/08 03:38 PM

Originally Posted By: FishTracker
Well, moved into the house today, lots of work ahead. I hear that some of the lakes around here opened up today for trout fishing. Didn't realize that lakes close. LOL, slowly but surely I am buying some tackle to handle these big boys out here, but priorities first. Just got out of the hot tub, ran out of beer, did I mention I have my priorities straight. The back sure did appreciate the soak though. Gonna start working on digging holes to extend my fence tomorrow. Two labs need more room than what I have now. F4F, and TB, nice pics of the fish. Notice I didn't call you. I think I did reply to Fools with two words that I won't mention here. LOL, See you guys in about a week.

Glad to see your priorities are intact...good luck on the new place. and I warned you about those "seasons" up there.....them folks in yankee land have lake closures, and certain seasons for fishing, just like hunting bang

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/27/08 03:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Thumpmeister1
Good catch TB & Snakman.

Looks like I gonna be lazy today like Sallysue. Just like a lizard on a rock! de

same here, gotta get the slime outa the boat from all Snakman's slimey LMB hammer

Crab Bait, you live in Belton??? Your daughter looks one of my daughters friends...

Dizzy, welcome aboard, what Deckhand says works cheers

Nice fish Fools and Cville, looks like ya'll had a great day as well fish

Posted By: dizzy

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/27/08 03:52 PM

I'll have to make sure I have a good supply of those "cold blue cans" next time!
Posted By: Sharc

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/27/08 04:18 PM

Gave the sharc boat a good washing and Waxing yesterday. She sure looks purty and shiny now. Now, I will have to go get her slimed up again!

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/27/08 04:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Crab-Bait
Hello BB!

Fun fishing yesterday. We finaly got to catch some hibrids, none were big enough to keep but we got into some.

Good to see SS and the Fools. Thank you John for the little fishys. Those are some good size filets that come off those hibrids.

Got a pic of the Fools but the only camera we had on the boat was one of those kid cameras. Oh well better than nothing I guess.

Now thats a pretty dang romantic picture. Do them love birds ever fish ?

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/27/08 04:20 PM

thinking about taking mine down to get cleaned, but, its a bit chilly out there.......

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/27/08 04:49 PM

Welcome Dizzy. You feel free to potlick our fishing spots anytime but just stay away from our anchor rope, lol. Just kidding that wasn't you. I am paying for wearing that bathing suit top and blue bottles last night, lol. Please do bring your family to the fish fry. The entire bunch should be there. Good to see everyone yesterday. Matt sorry we lost the fish by the time you got back. I really wanted to see those kids hook into a big one.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/27/08 05:45 PM

Thanks for joining Raptor.

There are 3 boats for Granger

There are 2 boats for Lewisville

If I don't get some boats for Belton I may have to take it off the list since that is the first one in the chute. Let me know. It might give you guys more time to prepare as well. Later Mike
eeksGuys and gals I know that I do not have a boat, but we are by far closer to Ft. Hood than anyone else. It would look real bad if we can not get our own on the lake in force to help those that have given so much for the U.S.A. flag ps If you are unsure you can put these folks on fish it is ok. If 1 in the gruop gets on fis I'm sure they will make contact withyou so that you can get your guests on them too. Potlicking should be the order of the day for this event.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/27/08 05:47 PM

eeksGuys and gals I know that I do not have a boat, but we are by closer to Ft. Hood than anyone else. It would look real bad if we can not get our own on the lake in force to help those that have given so much for the U.S.A. flag

yes sir, the dates don't work out for most....and of course, mine will be dry docked hammer

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/27/08 09:51 PM

Deciding if I should go early in the morning or not..............for about an hr and half.........

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/27/08 09:54 PM

thought about it, but figure the front shut them down.....

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/27/08 10:28 PM

was hoping for some info from the smart people out here whether or not it is worth my time. I only have 2 more days to fish before Spring football starts then I will only be able to fish on Sundays before the contest is over..........

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/27/08 10:31 PM

welcome to the TFF and Belton Bunch Dizzy.
well BB next weekend i will be headed to Port O' Conner for some fishin. today i poured a slab for our propane tank. it was a good day to pour concrete.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/27/08 10:32 PM

was hoping for some info from the smart people out here whether or not it is worth my time. I only have 2 more days to fish before Spring football starts then I will only be able to fish on Sundays before the contest is over..........

Smart people?? Well that leaves me out bolt

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/27/08 10:39 PM

NOPE.... noidea.....u were the main one I was looking for...... thumb

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/27/08 11:34 PM

NOPE.... noidea.....u were the main one I was looking for...... thumb

rolfmao good luck with that buddy....haven't been to belton in a while....ya need someone smarter than me nuts

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/27/08 11:58 PM

noidea noidea noidea I would go just because I know my sched. is going to be too busy to go later. I am still tring to decide if I want to get up in the very cool morning.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 12:04 AM

I hate early cold mornings.........well, I hate early in general..........guess I will pass. already put the cover on the boat and haven't gotten the cast net out of the other boat. Looks like maybe I can hit the water in the pm if nothing pops up.....but it usually does.
Posted By: sdub

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 12:40 AM

Well i'm gonna try to get out there on friday. Still have yet to take the boat out there. It's been killin me, I have just had too much stuff going on. Glad to see everyone is pulling out fish!!! Looks like a blast!

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 01:09 AM

Any of ya'll make it out today?? My wife and I hit it this evening and it was on!! Will post Pics in a minute...

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 01:27 AM

eeksGuys and gals I know that I do not have a boat, but we are by far closer to Ft. Hood than anyone else. It would look real bad if we can not get our own on the lake in force to help those that have given so much for the U.S.A. flag ps If you are unsure you can put these folks on fish it is ok. If 1 in the gruop gets on fis I'm sure they will make contact withyou so that you can get your guests on them too. Potlicking should be the order of the day for this event.

Simply bad timing, and the distance for me to travel, fish and make the Fish Fry on time is impossible.

Any day other than Our Fish Fry day would be fine with me.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 01:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Cvillemudcat
Any of ya'll make it out today?? My wife and I hit it this evening and it was on!! Will post Pics in a minute...

popcorn
Posted By: George T

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 01:50 AM

popcorn smile

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 01:58 AM

Hey, GT, when you gonna come fishing?

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 02:00 AM

Was thinkin' on going tomorrow. Cvillemudcat got me to thinkin' the cold front might notta turned 'em off too bad. Was wonderin' if the water was gettin' brown and fulla twigs and stuff from all the weather lately. I hate goin' up the creek when it's like that.

Wherezim pics? wink

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 02:05 AM

Was thinkin' on going tomorrow. Cvillemudcat got me to thinkin' the cold front might notta turned 'em off too bad. Was wonderin' if the water was gettin' brown and fulla twigs and stuff from all the weather lately. I hate goin' up the creek when it's like that.

Wherezim pics? wink

Sat the creek was bad. Muddy and lots of floating debris.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 02:06 AM

Didja go up there and get any shad when it was like that? Probbly worse now.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 02:07 AM

OK, Pics are coming. So what's up with the Ladies catching all the big fish?? My wife caught a Hog today.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 02:11 AM

Didja go up there and get any shad when it was like that? Probbly worse now.

Took us 2 hrs to find some larger baits. Lots of sm shad and perch.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 02:13 AM

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 02:14 AM

rolfmao rolfmao Is that a pink fish? stir

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 02:15 AM

I may wait a few days.....jus' that I hadden been in so long....I got the itch bad. Dad gave me a couple old shimanoes that I cleaned and oiled but need to get reslimed.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 02:18 AM

Hey Cvillemudcat how'd the water look today? Muddy? Debri?

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 02:21 AM

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 02:23 AM

Water looked good, basically normal to me, shad were fairly easy to get, just hard to find the bigger ones.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 02:23 AM

woot flehan banana

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 02:25 AM

Now thats a HAWG!! WTG. thumb

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 02:27 AM

Joey, is that a Snap On Scale. LOL

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 02:28 AM

That fish doesn't look normal. Gut too Big! LOL

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 02:30 AM

I didn't believe her at first when she said, "I've got a big one on". Funny thing is the leader broke right after we got it in the net, may have to move up to a 14lb leader!

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 02:31 AM

I didn't believe her at first when she said, "I've got a big one on". Funny thing is the leader broke right after we got it in the net, may have to move up to a 14lb leader!
We use 17lbs leader on 12-14lbs line.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 02:35 AM

That does it, headin' to Home Depot for some pink paint. grin Think I still may give it a try tomorrow. thanks for postin' the pics. Great catch! thumb

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 02:37 AM

Good luck, GT.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 02:40 AM

Thanks SS, hope they got some quick dry paint. grin

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 02:42 AM

rolfmao rolfmao rolfmao

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 02:49 AM

Originally Posted By: fool4fishing
Joey, is that a Snap On Scale. LOL

My internet connection SUX tonight, finally back on! Yes, that's my freon charging scale, use to be a ford mechanic for a while. U know how much that Snap On stuff costs, so I'm trying to get my money's worth out of it!!

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 03:27 AM

I guess everbody is ZZZZZZZZZZ, going to clean fish, talk to ya'll tomorrow......

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 07:41 AM

I hate early cold mornings.........well, I hate early in general..........

Me too flehan

Mornin folks, off to work we go bolt

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 09:05 AM

holy smokes batman, thems are some hogs thumb

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 09:37 AM

Have a great day everyone.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 09:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Z71

I'm torn between Belton & Tradinghouse...

I think I'll hit Tradinghouse and try for some RedFish on Saturday.

It should be a nice day.

How did you do this weekend?
Posted By: DaveB

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 10:00 AM

Nice fish Jody and wife. Sorry I couldn't make the trip to Decker with you. Maybe next time. DB
Posted By: Z71

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 10:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Z71

I'm torn between Belton & Tradinghouse...

I think I'll hit Tradinghouse and try for some RedFish on Saturday.

It should be a nice day.

How did you do this weekend?

I should have fished Belton with y'all... grin

We fished hard from 11am-5pm. I usually do my best in the middle of the day.
We did not boat any reds this trip.
We had 2 on that stripped line then we lost them.
Caught lots of whites on DD22's.

This is the first time I've caught small whites at Tradinghouse.
Usually whites are 14+ inches. I have caught some that were 17 1/2 inch.

I threw a cast net & caught some spoted tail shiners and one big gizzard. No talapia this time.

We caught one fresh water drum (gasp) on live bait.

April and May are my favorite months for reds in fresh water.

I might have to try Fairfield next time.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 10:37 AM

Great report Z, one of these days I'll make it up there

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 11:31 AM

Thanks for the report. Wished you had landed a Red or two or even a bigger drum.. LOL

Always a next time.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 12:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Thumpmeister1
Good catch TB & Snakman.

same here, gotta get the slime outa the boat from all Snakman's slimey LMB hammer

Crab Bait, you live in Belton??? Your daughter looks one of my daughters friends...

Dizzy, welcome aboard, what Deckhand says works cheers

Nice fish Fools and Cville, looks like ya'll had a great day as well fish

Hay there TB. Ya we live in Belton. Sent you a PM.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 12:33 PM

Ok, I talked to the spousal unit, seems I'm confusing your little girl with another down the street...

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 12:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Wishing4Fishing
Welcome Dizzy. You feel free to potlick our fishing spots anytime but just stay away from our anchor rope, lol. Just kidding that wasn't you. I am paying for wearing that bathing suit top and blue bottles last night, lol. Please do bring your family to the fish fry. The entire bunch should be there. Good to see everyone yesterday. Matt sorry we lost the fish by the time you got back. I really wanted to see those kids hook into a big one.

We will get those kids into them one of these days. Thank you to you and Christy for letting us fish next to you. Great spot and always good to visit with the two of you.

Posted By: Huckleberry

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 12:35 PM

Anyone catching any large mouth by accident? If so Where at?

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 12:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Huckleberry
Anyone catching any large mouth by accident? If so Where at?

yes sir, catchin the heck outa those nasty buggers.....

Caught ours on Stillhouse

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 12:41 PM

Ok, I talked to the spousal unit, seems I'm confusing your little girl with another down the street...

No problem TB. Just too many of those cute little redheads running around.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 12:42 PM

thumb no kidding, I have two of em in our neighborhood...hard to keep up with all the traffic we get at my house scared

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 01:14 PM

thumb no kidding, I have two of em in our neighborhood...hard to keep up with all the traffic we get at my house scared
rolfmao rolfmao LOL Wait till they turn 14y/o eeks scared

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 01:23 PM

rolfmao rolfmao LOL Wait till they turn 14y/o eeks scared

bang bang Thanks, already thinking about a second line for the house

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 01:59 PM

anyone got any bones to roll to see how the fishing will be later in the day........ got the itch.......fishing is about done for dbones so I think I will go anyway..........need to go see if the new graph actually helps or if the transducer stays where I put it..........I hope it did, dont want to take out all of that stuff again..................

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 02:02 PM

Don't worry about the bones. Just go. Couple of boats pulling up white after white this morning off TLP.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 02:07 PM

so how in the world would you know that??????
oh, u werent in ond of the boats were you?

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 02:12 PM

ya got another redhead right here! grin

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 02:37 PM

so how in the world would you know that??????
oh, u werent in ond of the boats were you?
I have lot's of secret potlickin skills. I don't need no boat to potlick.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 02:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Yellowcat

ya got another redhead right here! grin

he said "cute" YC hammer

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 02:53 PM

rolfmao rolfmao rolfmao rolfmao

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 03:03 PM

better go back to class YELLOWCAT.......these meanies are picking on you...............

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 03:08 PM

I rolfmao only because I are one. Not a cute one either.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 03:09 PM

Well, I usta be one.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 03:28 PM

grin

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 03:52 PM

I used to be one too.........and my mom thought I was CUTE......
Now people say I have some gray.....but I can't see it.....

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 04:11 PM

HEY, WATCH IT...Now we gonna pick on the white haired people. grin

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 04:15 PM

OH NO !!!!!!!!!
WOULD NEVER PICK ON YOU SS !!!!!!!!!!!
flehan

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 04:16 PM

Originally Posted By: swiper striker

HEY, WATCH IT...Now we gonna pick on the white haired people. grin

Thats why I shave mine off grin

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 04:17 PM

OH NO !!!!!!!!!
WOULD NEVER PICK ON YOU SS !!!!!!!!!!!
flehan

rolfmao rolfmao rolfmao rolfmao

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 05:11 PM

but I did sell my dress.........couldn't hold on to it anymore.........

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 06:39 PM

Headed out. My girls have a date with the fishes.........

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 06:49 PM

At work, wishing I could be out there... Good Luck.
Posted By: coachcrawfish

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 07:00 PM

Just got home from up North, Brownwood way. Got the old boat running, ran new wires, hooked up the new fish finder, wired in the new trolling motor, have the wires ran to redo the trailer lighting, replaced all 4 bunk boards. All with the help of a great man, my old man. wore him plum out. Thought about hooking up and heading to Belton, such a beautiful day. Too bad we have to make sure that the oldest boy is rested up for the wonderful TAKs testing this week. Plan on heading back up and finishing the wiring up and pulling the old boat back next weekend. YYYEEEHHHAAAWWW!!!!!!!!! (credit YC)
Spring ball starts up and the fishing time slows back down.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 07:33 PM

Home, finally......beer thirty

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 07:34 PM

Originally Posted By: MrG
Headed out. My girls have a date with the fishes.........

Good luck ladies, and you too, MrG.... cheers
Posted By: Beltonbanger�

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 09:26 PM

TB.....is Mya a fishing dog?? I haven't seen any pics of that beautiful lab!!! Hope all is well!!!!

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 10:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Beltonbanger
TB.....is Mya a fishing dog?? I haven't seen any pics of that beautiful lab!!! Hope all is well!!!!

LOL, she loves the boat, but have taken it out twice, and ended up not taking her...next trip out she'll be onboard thumb

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 10:39 PM

Ok everyone. We need to give Mike a different date for the take a soldier fishing deal. It will be too difficult to do it on the same date as the fish fry. We are tied up the last two weekends of May but any other time would be good for us. How about everyone else? Give me some input so we can help these guys out since we all fish this lake regularly and we are here right next to Fort Hood. Can we start a list? Who is willing to take a soldier or two on a day trip and what would be a good day for the most people to participate?

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 10:47 PM

There you go girl! thumb I'd take the reins on this one, but I'm not going to be available for a while. flag

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 10:53 PM

I don't mind at all taking a couple guys fishing. I hope some more can do it as well. I don't want them to think we don't want to participate its just a hectic day to try to do it the same day as the fish fry and it would be more enjoyable to do it a different day so we can fish longer without having to stop and get everything ready. They are welcome to come to the fish fry and it would be nice to do both in one day but a lot of us will be setting up so I don't know how much time we would have to fish is the only thing. I hope I haven't overstepped my bounds. I also forgot the TSA tourney is on May 17th.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/28/08 11:12 PM

Friendly Reminder!

Posted By: BigSkyTexan

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 12:05 AM

For the Ft Hood Soldier Fishing...

I'm not the boat owner in my fishing partnership, but I will definitely see if we can do this once a date is established (we'll need to potlick to make the fishing decent for our guests however rolfmao) If the boat's not available, I'll help out in any other way.

So, most of the BB will be doing the TSA Tournament on the 17th and the Fishy Fry is two weekends after that...does the fishing stay good around here in June?

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 12:10 AM

It is a little more hit and miss in June but still pretty good. I am waiting on the others to see when a good time would be for them. Its up to them if they want to do it on the same day as the fish fry but I know we won't be able to do much that day.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 12:14 AM

Yes ma'am, its always rough to get any fishing in on party day...June is good, first thing in the morning....

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 12:18 AM

Originally Posted By: BigSkyTexan
So, most of the BB will be doing the TSA Tournament on the 17th and the Fishy Fry is two weekends after that...does the fishing stay good around here in June?

You better believe it! That's when night fishing kicks in.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 12:23 AM

Friendly Reminder!

Ya'll do know that there's no stripers in Belton grin bolt

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 12:31 AM

Oooh yeah, I forgot about night fishing. That will be good in June! We just pretend the whites and hybrids are stripers. They do have striped after all, lol. When are you leaving Rick?

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 12:35 AM

[/quote] You better believe it! That's when night fishing kicks in. [/quote]

I haven't done night fishing in years! When the weather gets real hot, night fishing is great and the only way to go - used to do it a lot when I was a kid.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 12:36 AM

Big Sky, then your gonna love our flotillas woot its where we tie up several boats and catch fish...good times

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 12:41 AM

Yes we do have stripers in Belton! They are just hybrid stripers stir rolfmao grin Way past ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz time bolt

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 01:04 AM

Waiting on GT and MrG's report. juggle

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 01:07 AM

Right behind ya DH, I get to drive Mama's car to work tomorrow grin boltZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 01:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Wishing4Fishing
Ok everyone. We need to give Mike a different date for the take a soldier fishing deal. It will be too difficult to do it on the same date as the fish fry. We are tied up the last two weekends of May but any other time would be good for us. How about everyone else? Give me some input so we can help these guys out since we all fish this lake regularly and we are here right next to Fort Hood. Can we start a list? Who is willing to take a soldier or two on a day trip and what would be a good day for the most people to participate?
The fishing still should be great in early June. I vote for first or second weekend. Levi has ball but I can beg off on a Saturday as long as I can make it to the games on Sunday. I can take at least four soldiers. Looking forward to it.

BTW: Fish were biting today.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 03:24 AM

I am willing to do it, just depends on my work schedule. My job is in a downturn right now, so I'm not sure when I'm off or on, should have a better grip on it by the end of this week....

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 03:29 AM

Well, I usta be one.

Well after sharc lost his cigs and had a few more beers at Buch, I think he mentioned something about how hot that red head holding the blue can looked in the hot tub. Thought he snuch out there later that night. LOL

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 03:32 AM

Friendly Reminder!

When those TSA boys hit belton and if they hook a hawg, we may not be able to get rid of them. I have only caught a few stripers but I have to say I think the hybrids are a better fight. Just my Pacific Northwestern opinion. Did I mention it rained here today, and yesterday and yes..., well you get the point. LOL

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 03:33 AM

Good night BB, heading up north in the morning. Place called Bangor.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 03:48 AM

Fish were bitin' today. I was frettin' a might about that cold front, but guess the fish didn't pay much attention to it. Caught 6 hybrids, 4 keepers, one an upgrade on the board, woo hoo. woot A few whites and caught 2 nice sized kittys. I let 'em go...too bigga chore to skin and filet them slimey rascals. Bait was easy. The creek was clear of debri and water looked okay. Very little wind mosta the day.

Saw Dbones today tryin' out his new electronic gizmo in that purty boat. Expressman stopped and said hydee. Saw MrG, Jana and Balbo jerkin' fish outta the water right an' left right beside me while my poles were doin' nothin' but hangin' bait. Thanks Greg for the advice, the fish an' the call. thumb

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 07:04 AM

Way to go GT thumb . Good morning folks time for work bang . I do not want to do this today but bills must get paid bolt . I knew the fish were still bit'un through the cold front. I bite is on all week!

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 09:06 AM

mornin folks...

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 09:08 AM

Originally Posted By: FishTracker
Good night BB, heading up north in the morning. Place called Bangor.

Good mornin FT, be safe on your trip...PM me your new addy thumb

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 09:40 AM

Way to go on the fish catching.

Have fun Larry.
Posted By: Snakman76547

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 10:10 AM

Morning Belton Bunch!

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 10:58 AM

whites, whites, whites, whites.... bang.....are we in a white contest or hybrid contest.......
I gotta start fishing for the real fish...........shoulda tied up to GeorgeT or for that matter just jumped in and fished. He looked like he had extra poles in the water. I could have used the ones on the right side and him the left...........
didn't have the "luck to see MRG".. flehan

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 11:50 AM

Morning BB!!

WFF – I can take a soldier or two. The fist couple weekends in June should be good for me depending on work stuff.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 12:50 PM

whites, whites, whites, whites.... bang.....are we in a white contest or hybrid contest.......
I gotta start fishing for the real fish...........shoulda tied up to GeorgeT or for that matter just jumped in and fished. He looked like he had extra poles in the water. I could have used the ones on the right side and him the left...........
didn't have the "luck to see MRG".. flehan

need me to send the Mrs over?? At least you can watch her catch fish in your boat grin

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 01:12 PM

have no trouble catching fish........just need to start catching the big ones.......
but I have seen the MRS catch plenty of fish from your boat.......

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 01:54 PM

have no trouble catching fish........just need to start catching the big ones.......

rolfmao rolfmao rolfmao woot

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 02:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Snakman76547

Grrrrr yea, nasty ol hybrids while chasing the tasty little green fish grin

What are you laughing at Snakman?? popcorn

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 02:20 PM

You know that she ALWAYS outfishes you

rolfmao rolfmao rolfmao bolt

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 02:34 PM

hey BB the house is almost finished. waitin on the floor man and the electrician. thats about it. both should be there this week. then i am doin some HEAVY fishin!

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 02:51 PM

You know that she ALWAYS outfishes you

rolfmao rolfmao rolfmao bolt

Good point hammer

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 02:59 PM

hey BB the house is almost finished. waitin on the floor man and the electrician. thats about it. both should be there this week. then i am doin some HEAVY MOWIN!

YC, I know you are glad it's almost done. Bet you're ready to have your own room back with built in DVD and Stereo System.. grin

BTW, Lunchie time.. Chinese today.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 03:01 PM

Looking like Memorial Day Weekend at the Coast! banana
Posted By: tuturobin

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 03:24 PM

Thanks for the pic's of the boat last Saturday. We had a good day. Tommy (Hook em) got a 23 inch stripper that day and we got a bunch of whites. Good to see everyone on the water enjoying the fishing. See you soon Robin (tuturobin)

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 03:27 PM

Bout time you you got that wife of yours down south thumb

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 03:48 PM

No you will be busy at the fish fry that weekend hammer
Posted By: Xpressman

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 03:53 PM

Sorry for such a late report. Excellent day on the water yesterday. Not so much fun after leaving the lake. Got caught in the accident traffic on clear Creek on the way home. Had to cut across Ft Hood trying to make it home to clean a limit of Whites. Got home and was working hard to get the fish cleaned when the electricity in the neighborhood went out. Didn't come back on till after 11 p.m.

I hadn't been on the lake in about 6 weeks and ran out of fish in the freezer this past weekend. Launched at TLP about one or so. On the way to a couple of spots stopped by and said hello to GT. He said he had 2 Hydbids at the time but judging from his post he had a good day also.Went to the flats and caught a few whites then moved on to another spot up the lake. From that point on it was fast and furious. Had 96 whites on the clicker in the next 2 1/2 hours. Also got one 20 3/4 in Hybrid. Water temp was 73.7 degrees and the school I was on was fairly stable.

No one in the family eats fish except me so kept a limit and donated most to friends. Gotta love the weekday fishing, had to work Sat. and drove by the lake, a mad house. I think I'm giving up weekend fishing, at least for the summer.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 04:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Xpressman
Sorry for such a late report. Excellent day on the water yesterday. Not so much fun after leaving the lake. Got caught in the accident traffic on clear Creek on the way home. Had to cut across Ft Hood trying to make it home to clean a limit of Whites. Got home and was working hard to get the fish cleaned when the electricity in the neighborhood went out. Didn't come back on till after 11 p.m.

I hadn't been on the lake in about 6 weeks and ran out of fish in the freezer this past weekend. Launched at TLP about one or so. On the way to a couple of spots stopped by and said hello to GT. He said he had 2 Hydbids at the time but judging from his post he had a good day also.Went to the flats and caught a few whites then moved on to another spot up the lake. From that point on it was fast and furious. Had 96 whites on the clicker in the next 2 1/2 hours. Also got one 20 3/4 in Hybrid. Water temp was 73.7 degrees and the school I was on was fairly stable.

No one in the family eats fish except me so kept a limit and donated most to friends. Gotta love the weekday fishing, had to work Sat. and drove by the lake, a mad house. I think I'm giving up weekend fishing, at least for the summer.

Congrats Mike! Was wondering if you ever was gonna find some time for fishing. Way to Go!!

Posted By: Sharc

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 04:04 PM

5 days at Port O'connor next week. Hoped to take some great pics of some great fish!!

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 04:04 PM

Originally Posted By: tuturobin
Thanks for the pic's of the boat last Saturday. We had a good day. Tommy (Hook em) got a 23 inch stripper that day and we got a bunch of whites. Good to see everyone on the water enjoying the fishing. See you soon Robin (tuturobin)

Woohooo! Lookie, lookie who's here!! Welcome Robin, glad you finally dropped in and said hi. Great to see you and Tommy once again. Till next time, Aloha!

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 04:07 PM

Ya know I won't miss the Fish Fry! Looking at 23rd to 26th, camping at C.C. NAS.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 04:41 PM

That's only an hour boat ride to Baffin where the big girls hang out.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 04:50 PM

Might just have to make that drive! I'll be checking in on where to go as the day gets closer.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 04:57 PM

Check your calendar DH.LOL

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 04:59 PM

Might just have to make that drive! I'll be checking in on where to go as the day gets closer.

I agree, you HAVE to make that drive thumb I can show you some sweet spots in that area

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 06:42 PM

bang hammer

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 06:47 PM

bang hammer

ED will do that to ya grin bolt

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 07:15 PM

ED will do that to ya grin bolt

rolfmao rolfmao

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 08:28 PM

Pau Hana!! (Finish work)

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 10:33 PM

Awww, the boats in the shed, bellys full, beer is going down smooth...life is good thumb

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 11:38 PM

Awww, the boats in the shed, bellys full, beer is going down smooth...life is good thumb

And would be much better if I live minutes away from the lake!!

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 11:42 PM

And would be much better if I live minutes away from the lake!!

grin don't hate the player, hate the game woot

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 11:43 PM

[quote=fool4fishing]Looking like Memorial Day Weekend at the Coast! banana
bang hammer

ED will do that to ya grin bolt [/quote] dude!?! scared

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 11:44 PM

[quote=deckhand*][quote=fool4fishing]Looking like Memorial Day Weekend at the Coast! banana
bang hammer

ED will do that to ya grin bolt [/quote] dude!?! scared [/quote]

my bad bolt

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 11:45 PM

LOL OH and that makes it ok? MrV man grin

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 11:46 PM

I'll buy ya a beer?? nuts

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 11:47 PM

I'll buy ya a beer?? nuts
thumb All is forgiven cheers

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 11:49 PM

flehan flehan

Now ya'll go catch some fish.....I have to work thru the weekend, and will be bored as carp if I don't see any pics thumb

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 11:52 PM

I am hoping the sched. allows for some deep water fishing this week. If not it will be the weekend, shallow, and early.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/29/08 11:52 PM

Big Sky, then your gonna love our flotillas woot its where we tie up several boats and catch fish...good times

Looking forward to it! Sounds like a good excuse to kick back, trade some tall tales and kill some blue cans! banana

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/30/08 12:06 AM

Originally Posted By: BigSkyTexan

Looking forward to it! Sounds like a good excuse to kick back, trade some tall tales and kill some blue cans! banana

Thats what its all about cheers

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/30/08 12:10 AM

Well, I'll be looking forward to it when it heats up and you get the urge to fish at night!!

Night BB! ZZZZZzzzz...

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/30/08 12:20 AM

Nite BST, you'll have to hook up with the Fools this year....

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/30/08 03:21 AM

F4f, remember there is a guide that guides from CC NAS and he only charges 65 bucks a person. YOu do nothing but reel the fish in.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/30/08 07:43 AM

mornin folks, FT, your burning the late night oil.....

Off to work we go, Ya'll have a blessed one

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/30/08 08:05 AM

Morning TB and Belton Bunch... Hope it is a GREAT one out there for EVERYONE!

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/30/08 09:04 AM

Mornin, light traffic this morning...makes for the start of a great day

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/30/08 09:36 AM

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/30/08 09:48 AM

Good Morning John... Thanks again for the great work on the truck yesterday. thumb

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/30/08 09:51 AM

Good Morning BB!

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/30/08 10:39 AM

Morning Z hope you have a good one

Posted By: Pure Luck

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/30/08 10:40 AM

Deckhand,
Hey I may be able to fish Belton this weekend from the bank. I heard you know a coulpe of good spots if you can help. I have never fished Belton but we are planning to fish the TSA Tour. if we get the boat fixed.

Thanks
Posted By: buddyweiser78

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/30/08 10:50 AM

Good Morning BB,
I returned yesterday from a road trip back and forth to California this weekend left thursday made it there friday. I got the boat a new axle and did the whole mechanicinism. Was gonna head out today but figured it was gonna get real windy. So I'll clean the boat up,install some rod holders on the other side of the boat and install my VHF radio today. Hows the weekend looking, really want to get some hybrids

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/30/08 11:06 AM

Welcome back Buddy, glad to hear all went well.

Your welcome Snakman.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/30/08 11:10 AM

Good Morning John... Thanks again for the great work on the truck yesterday. thumb

You took the truck into the Super Mechanic?? banana banana

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/30/08 11:12 AM

If I could only do better at fishing! grin

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/30/08 11:23 AM

Welcome back and I hope you have fun getting the boat ready for some serious fishing.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/30/08 11:25 AM

Yea Buddy and tomorrow I'll be taking him my Durango. I think I'll single handedly send he and W4F to the coast on vacation, rolfmao

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/30/08 11:43 AM

Yea Buddy and tomorrow I'll be taking him my Durango. I think I'll single handedly send he and W4F to the coast on vacation, rolfmao

That should make Wishing4fishing happy grin

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/30/08 11:55 AM

rolfmao

Now for the boat cruise! rolfmao

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/30/08 12:10 PM

If I could only do better at fishing! grin

You just need to take the wimmin folks with ya thumb

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/30/08 01:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Pure Luck
Deckhand,
Hey I may be able to fish Belton this weekend from the bank. I heard you know a coulpe of good spots if you can help. I have never fished Belton but we are planning to fish the TSA Tour. if we get the boat fixed.

Thanks
From what I hear the bank area around the courtesy dock at Leona Park(by the Hwy 36 bridge has been producing some good crappie and nice LMB early in the morning and around dark-30. Good luck.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/30/08 01:34 PM

thats MISTER SUPER MECHANIC(aka Mister Goodreel) to you Grass fishhopper.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/30/08 02:05 PM

up early fished about an hr. caught 14 whites, 4 LMB, 3 Smalls
0 Hybrids......very tired now. Need a nap......

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/30/08 02:13 PM

up early fished about an hr. caught 14 whites, 4 LMB, 3 Smalls
0 Hybrids......very tired now. Need a nap......

Dang Skeeter is Producing!! Way to go, u off today?

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/30/08 02:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Sharc
5 days at Port O'connor next week. Hoped to take some great pics of some great fish!!

i will be headed down there Friday. fish Saturday and Sunday. back on Sunday afternoon. well BB we only got 19 days of school. tomorow is TAKS test

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/30/08 02:56 PM

not off, just go early and get to work at 8:00
and it aint producing what it needs to be.
having trouble throwing the net and bringing aboard all of the trash that comes with it. But it can always be cleaned out......

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/30/08 03:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Sharc

i will be headed down there Friday. fish Saturday and Sunday. back on Sunday afternoon. well BB we only got 19 days of school. tomorow is TAKS test

wow, thats it?? Good luck on your test

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/30/08 06:25 PM

Beer thirty bolt

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/30/08 08:12 PM

Beer thirty bolt

Beer thirty and very windy

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/30/08 08:16 PM

yes sir, very windy.....almost got blown over the passover

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/30/08 08:29 PM

Was hoping to fish this evening but too windy. We'll see what the rest of the week looks like.

Good Luck YC on your test.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/30/08 08:44 PM

yes sir, looks like wind for a while
Posted By: _Scooter_

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/30/08 09:22 PM

DH,
You ready for some bank "a" this weekend? I had duty last weekend and a rough week so far. Just need to get out and de-stress on something slimy with stripes and fins...

As for take a soldier fishing... try to make it if you can, it is a great cause. Has anyone coordinated with MWR (BLORA) or BOSS program on post about this? Let me know... I don't have alot of time, but I would be willing to do what I can since I am in fact a soldier who lives to fish.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/30/08 09:58 PM

Glad to see ya back in action YD, I hear ya on the working thru the weekend....think I' might take tomorrow off, just so its not a long week

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/30/08 10:13 PM

More wind tomorrow. Get some more yard work done.

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/30/08 10:30 PM

Originally Posted By: TeamYD
DH,
You ready for some bank "a" this weekend? I had duty last weekend and a rough week so far. Just need to get out and de-stress on something slimy with stripes and fins...

As for take a soldier fishing... try to make it if you can, it is a great cause. Has anyone coordinated with MWR (BLORA) or BOSS program on post about this? Let me know... I don't have alot of time, but I would be willing to do what I can since I am in fact a soldier who lives to fish.
Planning on Sunday and Monday

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/30/08 10:33 PM

Originally Posted By: SALLYSUE
More wind tomorrow. Get some more yard work done.

Looking outside, I believe you missed a couple spots hammer hammer

Like MY yard rolfmao

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/30/08 11:37 PM

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Posted By: kghaney

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 04/30/08 11:50 PM

My dad and I are fishing tomorrow and know nothing about the lake...any advise????

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 05/01/08 06:58 AM

I'm bolt to work. bang

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 05/01/08 09:25 AM

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 05/01/08 09:55 AM

Howdy! It is still windy. flehan

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 05/01/08 10:38 AM

looks like it woulda been a great day for morning fishing........I just couldn't do it 2 days back to back.......I need my beauty sleep.............

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 05/01/08 06:52 PM

yes TB now 18 days. the test was not that hard there were a few questions that were kinda tough. i will be headed to Port O' early afternoon tomorow sometime.
Posted By: kghaney

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 05/01/08 09:46 PM

went this morning around 8 and left around 3...It was kind of windy but we ended up with 18 black bass and 9 of them were keepers! It was a great day!!!

Re: Belton Bunch April 2008 #2 - 05/01/08 11:23 PM

Time to let this tread die! Find us on the May 2008 #1
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum