Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Whitney

Posted By: JD Fishing

Lake Whitney - 04/22/08 01:16 AM

I will be going to Lake Whitney the first weekend of May. There will be about 15 friends and family members going.
We have been camping at the State Park now going on 13 years and have enjoyed every year. We use to catch alot of whites and stripers around the park but the lasts few years fishing has been slim. I believe this is due to the Golden Alge. We will have a couple of boats this year so what i am looking for is any advise on fishing for Whites or Stripers on the main body of the lake. If you have never been to this lake you need to go its buetiful. Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Posted By: NRGNXS

Re: Lake Whitney - 04/22/08 08:39 AM

Been doing good on the dam side of the island up until about noon... Also been doing fair around Allen Bend area.... Mc Cowan Park ridges have also produced some good numbers of whites.
Posted By: JD Fishing

Re: Lake Whitney - 04/22/08 11:11 AM

Thanks NRGNXS. I will post pictures and how we did when i return
Posted By: HighTech Redneck

Re: Lake Whitney - 04/22/08 08:31 PM

JD, send me a PM at teamredneck01@hotmail.com before you go and I will try and point you in the right direction. Whitney is awesome, or should I say HOT right now. Golden Algae is flushed out and gone BYE BYE!!! Tons of bait in the lake and all the fish will be able to reach there potential growth rate. Big fat healthy fish!!! Magnum Whites and Fat Stripers, whites on slabs and Stripers on live bait and cut bait. The Whites are spawning on main lake flats right now around McCowan flats, out from the Island etc., and it is non stop action, birds working in the am and pm, stripers are staging near the mouths of creeks on humps and ledges and edges near deep water and after this warm weather this week should have an awesome top water bite any day. I don't get on here as often as I use to or would like to due to on Whitney near every day, so send a PM to me or look on my web site and hit my cell phone and I'll try and help ya out. Good luck.
Randy
Posted By: BridgeportGuide

Re: Lake Whitney - 04/22/08 08:34 PM

Good to here Randy! You've weathered some tough conditions down there!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum