Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Bob Today - 04/14

Posted By: BOSTON BOB

Ray Bob Today - 04/14 - 04/15/08 02:08 AM

Today was every guides dream. Got to the lake at 10:00 am, motored out to Cates Point, and started whacking them. I was fishing with first time clients Kenneth and Clarence. Clarence comes from Wisconsin to visit his brother Kenneth once a year and they decided to book a fishing trip. Well, after the first hour they had their 50 fish limit in the cooler. At an hour and a half we had 95 fish on the clicker. After that we ran to the marina to get some ice for the fish (which I had forgot to pick up on the way to the lake). We sat up on their dock eating some incredible venison summer sausage that was brought from Wisconsin for a while (and that ended up in my fridge after the trip...WOO HOO)!!!! Then went back out to find more fish. We caught them all over the lake. And none of them in the usual spots. Found the wind blown points, pretty much anywhere, to be holding fish. Even found some in 45 feet of water down about 20 feet. No real reason, they were just there and they were hungry for our slabs. Ended the day with 312 on the clicker. It was almost too easy. I wish every trip were this easy!!!! These guys had the time of their lives, and I think will be back next year. I just hope they don't think every trip catches that many fish. Caught most fish on the TNT's and the Flies-by-Nights. Also caught several on Humdingers (chartreuse). I think All these companies will be getting orders from Wisconsin real soon!!!!!

Re: Ray Bob Today - 04/14 - 04/15/08 02:30 AM

Oh yeah, if anyone finds a big net with a black handle between Little Elm and Ray Roberts, IT'S MINE!!!!! I lose at least one a year out of the boat, and I guess today was my day to lose this one. I don't know how the heck they blow out of the boat...
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: Ray Bob Today - 04/14 - 04/15/08 02:53 AM

Bob, forgot to mention on the other thread that I was also on a school that was suspending in deeper water - the gulls & two other boats tipped me off (doesn't take much to get my attention, huh? just a whack with a broomhandle). Water was 36-40' deep & the fish were holding at about 18' - that's where I got the big fish breakoff on the bottom.

Heck with it - I'm off work from the airline all week - I'm gonna get at least two more sea days!!
Posted By: don the angler

Re: Ray Bob Today - 04/14 - 04/15/08 09:19 AM

A fish every two seconds, eh? You described the perfect fishing day. Too bad us regular folks were working. cheers
Posted By: dk44

Re: Ray Bob Today - 04/14 - 04/15/08 10:33 AM

dang leave some for me!!
Posted By: ZeeFish

Re: Ray Bob Today - 04/14 - 04/17/08 09:37 PM

Boston Bob I believe I saw your net it was laying in the middle of the road on FM 3002 Lone Oak Road. I saw it as I was driving by and thought wow there is a net but someone was behind me and there was no good place to stop.Please send me a PM about your guide service would like to learn more about Ray Bob Sandies.
Posted By: Slabman ‘180’

Re: Ray Bob Today - 04/14 - 04/18/08 12:50 PM

How did I miss this thread, man you guys put a spank on them.
Posted By: cellis

Re: Ray Bob Today - 04/14 - 04/18/08 02:51 PM

Congrats Bob.
Posted By: jumbocranium

Re: Ray Bob Today - 04/14 - 04/19/08 01:04 PM

Is Cates Point the main point that divides the lake? My map doesn't name that point. Thanks.
Posted By: BAMAboy

Re: Ray Bob Today - 04/14 - 04/19/08 01:19 PM

Originally Posted By: BOSTON BOB
Oh yeah, if anyone finds a big net with a black handle between Little Elm and Ray Roberts, IT'S MINE!!!!! I lose at least one a year out of the boat, and I guess today was my day to lose this one. I don't know how the heck they blow out of the boat...

Nice work BB thumb, btw, it could be my net, I lost one the same way about a year ago coming back from my only trip to Ray Bob. Only I believe mine took out my anchor light on it's way out of the boat bang. I remember a car passing me blowing their horn and blew them off as crazies nuts. I started putting my tackle bag in the net after that trip and havent lost one since. At least not while driving. blush

Re: Ray Bob Today - 04/14 - 04/19/08 06:29 PM

Originally Posted By: jumbocranium
Is Cates Point the main point that divides the lake? My map doesn't name that point. Thanks.

Yes, that is the one. It divides the east branch from the west branch.
Posted By: BigDad

Re: Ray Bob Today - 04/14 - 04/19/08 11:43 PM

Wow, great job BB. I'm sure your customers were ecstatic.

"Fish every 2 seconds" I've heard that before. rolfmao
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum