Texas Fishing Forum

Planning on hitting Joe Pool Sunday...

Posted By: Gourdbuster

Planning on hitting Joe Pool Sunday... - 04/03/08 03:47 AM

Haven't had the boat out since December, planning on hitting Pool on Sunday, what have the sandies been up to out there?
Posted By: XYZ

Re: Planning on hitting Joe Pool Sunday... - 04/03/08 09:28 AM

They were scattererd on Fireman's I did not get menay but they were there. We used chartruse plastic shads and white and chartruse shad slabs.

They should be on this weekend the question is finding them. I will keep you posted.
Posted By: shad_slayer

Re: Planning on hitting Joe Pool Sunday... - 04/04/08 12:27 PM

we tore into em pretty good last saturday. bout 130 fish pulled in the boat. we left with our limit for 3 guys. we caught em right behind the rock pier @ lynn creek marina. then, @ firemans. then, on the way out we got em inside the wake bouys @ the marina. pretty much anywhere we fished. we were using hot spots and ratL traps, all different colors and sizes. going back tomorrow, hope the weather didn't hurt too bad.
Posted By: David Lee

Re: Planning on hitting Joe Pool Sunday... - 04/04/08 02:27 PM

I would try Firemans and the flats.
Posted By: dw173

Re: Planning on hitting Joe Pool Sunday... - 04/04/08 02:36 PM

where are the flats?

Posted By: BAMAboy

Re: Planning on hitting Joe Pool Sunday... - 04/04/08 02:40 PM

Anyone out there have a link of a map that shows the different names of places on Pool like Firemans pt. etc?
Posted By: monkester

Re: Planning on hitting Joe Pool Sunday... - 04/04/08 09:21 PM

Thanks for the hot spots guys!! Hope everyone gets a limit.

Re: Planning on hitting Joe Pool Sunday... - 04/04/08 09:55 PM

Originally Posted By: dw173
where are the flats?

Go straight out from the ramp at Lynn Creek park. The water will come up to about 23'. Just that whole hump. Then directly to the other side and Firemans is there.
Posted By: dw173

Re: Planning on hitting Joe Pool Sunday... - 04/04/08 10:30 PM

I recall firemans from many years ago. I never paid attention to any flats though. Thanks. And you are talking the ramp inside the park right, by the jet ski beach?

Re: Planning on hitting Joe Pool Sunday... - 04/04/08 11:27 PM

Yes inside the park.

Re: Planning on hitting Joe Pool Sunday... - 04/05/08 01:31 PM

Originally Posted By: bamaboy
Anyone out there have a link of a map that shows the different names of places on Pool like Firemans pt. etc?

Anyone???????? popcorn
Posted By: Sadisdix

Re: Planning on hitting Joe Pool Sunday... - 04/07/08 05:22 AM

I don't have a map to link to you but if you go to walmart or Academy they have a book called Texas Lakes and Bays Fishing Atlas. It has a map of most of the major lakes, tells you the name of hotspots, where they are and what to use. It is very helpful. I use that book and this forum before I ever head out to the water.

Re: Planning on hitting Joe Pool Sunday... - 04/07/08 03:33 PM

Thanks, thumb I'll pick me on up.
Posted By: Coach97

Re: Planning on hitting Joe Pool Sunday... - 04/07/08 03:51 PM

I was out there Sunday afternoon as well. Couldn't find any sandies! Started out at fireman's hump, nothing doing. We moved to a bunch of different spots, but there was nothing happening. I will say that we found the birds, but even they weren't feeding. They were circling, but weren't really diving to hit shad. Wierd, never seen that before.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum