Texas Fishing Forum

headed to hubbard

Posted By: Evan O'Brien

headed to hubbard - 04/02/08 03:22 PM

its actually a calm day for once even with the overcast so i just cant pass up the opportunity.. ill be the guy in the 01 sprint bassboat taht doesnt know what he's doin lol
Posted By: Texascandc43

Re: headed to hubbard - 04/02/08 04:47 PM

I missed out on A boat ride From Lakeguild this Morning.
He called and said the birds were working out from Roberson Point? thumb
Maybe he will post a report later today.
I want to go out later but not sure if Ill make it--
I want to look for some hybrids in the Shallow water and I know just the place to start! nuts
Posted By: Texascandc43

Re: headed to hubbard - 04/02/08 04:49 PM

Hey Big E--I put my boat on my sig. and I get alot of guys comming over and saying hi.
That is always a good time to ask how they are doing and better yet where are they doing it at? clap
Posted By: BlueTuna

Re: headed to hubbard - 04/02/08 05:11 PM

I'll be out later today. Look for 21 CC with Pursuit on the side. It is nice to finally get a slip and lift . . . it makes these decisions so much easier.

Terry
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: headed to hubbard - 04/02/08 05:13 PM

in the afternoons a few whites have been surfacing in front of the texas queen ramp. find the birds.
Posted By: J D Baswell

Re: headed to hubbard - 04/02/08 05:48 PM

Birds working just out from Bayview marina (I think thats the name of the marina, where the Texas Queen used to be anchored) from 8:30 to 11:00 this morning. On the east end of Robertson Point in 18 to 28 feet of water. Two of us got our limit of good size sandbass and one fat keeper hybrid on humbugs.
Posted By: Lakeguide

Re: headed to hubbard - 04/02/08 06:22 PM

I have the same thing to report as JD Baswell pretty much.

It was nice to meet ya'll out there today JD! I also founds some birds working over in front of BPS. Sand bass were plentiful there as well. Went back to RP and the birds were up again about noon. They kept working there way out in the open water in front of Chandlers until I headed in about 2:30. They were still going strong when I left.

Caught fish all morning non-stop. Don't have a clue how many, a bunch. They were mostly sandies about 12" with a few small hybrid about the same size. I did catch 4 keeper hybrid today drifting a SassyShad, nothing huge but keepers. Seems the hyrid have scattered out. The gates are wide open and they are letting water out of the lake as fast as they can. When it finally gets back to holding at level, I think they may group up again.

I am ususally not a big "color" guy, especially when the fish are schooling, but it seemed like chartreuse was the ticket today. The TNT180 in chartreuse was the bite getter today. Anyways, hope that helps! Would love to do it again tomorrow, but the wind is supposed to be pretty bad.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum