Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Altus Hybrid

Posted By: Slabman โ€˜180โ€™

Lake Altus Hybrid - 03/29/08 10:08 PM

Well, my daughters birthday party today so I didnt get to venture out. But my uncle went with another buddy. This hybrid was caught from the bank and if I told you it was on 6lb test, you probably wouldnt believe me,but it was and took 45 minutes to land. 32 inches long my scale said just over 16lbs, the bait shop said 17lbs. Guess I will get out and go tomorrow, from the looks of the picture I should just mow some weeds in my yard. Before photoshop is brought up, i have it on my computer but dont know how to use it, grin

Posted By: Parker

Re: Lake Altus Hybrid - 03/29/08 10:17 PM

screw the weeds. where there is one there's more. that's a hoss
Posted By: AL Bay Stealth

Re: Lake Altus Hybrid - 03/29/08 11:19 PM

Bryon you should have gone on that trip. What a fish! Hope Capn Steve sees that 16 or 17 pounder! Makes his 23 pounder look little. LOL
Posted By: Launcher400

Re: Lake Altus Hybrid - 03/29/08 11:27 PM

flehan flehan flehan

Great fish - - congrats to your uncle (or his buddy)! You forgot to tell us which TNT model it was caught on wink
Posted By: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.

Re: Lake Altus Hybrid - 03/30/08 12:04 AM

Holy Moly laugh WOW that is a monster....
Posted By: chrisc/striper express guide service

Re: Lake Altus Hybrid - 03/30/08 12:18 AM

nice fish!
Posted By: Eagle Mountain Guide - David Everitt

Re: Lake Altus Hybrid - 03/30/08 12:50 PM

Bryon, congrats to your uncle. That's a fish of a lifetime. It would be on my wall. Landing it on 6lb. says a lot about the fisherman. What a pig!

David
www.davesguideservice.net
www.dakotatacklecompany.com

Re: Lake Altus Hybrid - 03/30/08 01:01 PM

I wish I could say it was on a TNT bait,lol. But this fish fell victim to just a 1/4oz curly tail chartreuse yum flavored. Fish was caught in less than 3 ft of water. My uncle is a pretty good fishermen with the jig. We were out last weekend fishing the same spot, he spanked me pretty good. He has been trying to target walleyes and has been catching some. The last few days he had been seeing large splashes in shallow, so he had been pretty sure there was some monster hybrids in shallow. I guess he was right. Hopefully I can run across its twin today.
Posted By: Fuzzy

Re: Lake Altus Hybrid - 03/30/08 01:17 PM

WOW!!!! He is a good fisherman to get that in on 6lb line.

Congrats and I hope you get the rest of that hybrids whole family smile smile
Posted By: slabnshad

Re: Lake Altus Hybrid - 03/30/08 05:15 PM

WOW what a hog, as you may have guesed I still want to
come over there if I get a chance, but it will be a while, went
to Heart Dr Monday for a stress echo test, and he evidently
didn't like what he saw, ambulanced me to the hospital and
installed another stent, so I will be taking it easy for the
spring looks like. Howeve don't let that bother you, go ahead
and catch em so you can show me how.

Posted By: NRGNXS

Re: Lake Altus Hybrid - 03/30/08 05:22 PM

thumb Nice porker!!!!!!!! Heck with chores!!!!!!! Just kidding. What a battle on that light tackle it had to have been. What is the line record for that lake and species? Odds are it now has been reset.
Posted By: redfinฎ

Re: Lake Altus Hybrid - 03/30/08 05:53 PM

Mow some other time, jgb. With fish like that up in the shallows, its time to go "wallow with those hogs."

Nice hybrid!!!!!
Posted By: cellis

Re: Lake Altus Hybrid - 03/30/08 06:00 PM

Great fish. Congrats to your uncle.
Posted By: Starless

Re: Lake Altus Hybrid - 03/30/08 10:56 PM

WOW! AWESOME fish!

And on 6lb test? That's pretty incredible! My favorite kind of fishing, big fish on small line. Congrats!
Posted By: BridgeportGuide

Re: Lake Altus Hybrid - 03/30/08 11:08 PM

Man! You weren't kidding about the fish up there!!!

Posted By: JD Lyle

Re: Lake Altus Hybrid - 03/31/08 11:10 AM

WOW smile smile nice weeds.. smile

and what a fish !!!!!
Posted By: fool4fishing

Re: Lake Altus Hybrid - 03/31/08 11:14 AM

WOW!!! Very nice fish indeed and what a fight it put up!
Posted By: "Da" NITRO

Re: Lake Altus Hybrid - 03/31/08 02:29 PM

eeks eeks eeks eeks eeks eeks

and

eeks

Re: Lake Altus Hybrid - 03/31/08 11:51 PM

Well wasnt able to get any other family members from that fish on Sunday. We did manage some nice sandies and a couple hybrids to 19 inches. Had a couple break offs in the trees in shallow. Been birthday partying all weekend in between. Well then making slabs when I should have been sleeping, grin . I guess I get to try and harvest my front yard tomorrow.
Posted By: Stumpjumper14

Re: Lake Altus Hybrid - 04/01/08 07:06 AM

Nice Fish Unc!!!
Posted By: RonH

Re: Lake Altus Hybrid - 04/01/08 03:35 PM

Man I need to get over there. Tell your unc nice fish. My old buddy been camping there 2 weeks before spring break and came home right after.He was a fella and wife in a motorhome and old beat up tracker boat. Said he got blown off lake most days
Posted By: scovey

Re: Lake Altus Hybrid - 04/01/08 05:20 PM

I dont think I have ever seen David smile that big.....and the hog is blocking part of the view!!!

I think you just gave away our secret "honey hole" Bryon. LOL

Great fish!!

Scott
Posted By: iamquockie

Re: Lake Altus Hybrid - 04/01/08 08:54 PM

great googly moogly...what a pig!!!
Posted By: Flies-By-Night

Re: Lake Altus Hybrid - 04/02/08 12:31 AM

WOW!!!!! Impressive
Posted By: CaptainCarter

Re: Lake Altus Hybrid - 04/02/08 01:25 AM

You just made my day. I am fishing that lake May 20-27th. I didn't know they had anything like that in there.

Re: Lake Altus Hybrid - 04/02/08 02:05 AM

Originally Posted By: CaptainCarter
You just made my day. I am fishing that lake May 20-27th. I didn't know they had anything like that in there.
Cool, then you will like these, they came at the end of May a few years ago. It was tough getting on the big fish last year with the rapid rise in the water levels. Hopefully you have a good time on the lake, the shad population is in great shape, fish are healthy than I can remember then. These were caught over a large hump on the lake, first one was trolling a big crank bait the rest on slabs. Since I cant seem to find time to fish lately I enjoy just looking at pics. Man that was a fun day, these fish along with a couple more came in less than an hour.

Posted By: Cody F

Re: Lake Altus Hybrid - 04/02/08 02:48 PM

That is a nice fish, I caught first hybrid of any size last week on 6 # line, with a 5 ft. Wally Marshall, Bass Pro Shop spinning reel last Thursday...Took me 20 min to get him in without breaking off. I am hooked on Hybrid fishing! fish nuts

fish
Posted By: vstk

Re: Lake Altus Hybrid - 04/03/08 06:58 PM

Come on.......tell the truth Bryan.........none of those fish came from Lugert.........there arent any hybrids in that lake. We just keep a couple fish from Kansas in a cooler and take them out for pics every now and then so Bryan can sell a few slabs. Only tihng in Lugert is a few carp and a couple of catfish.....oh ya........and those fish from Kansas cam trolling umbrella rigs!! Cant catch fish on slabs........just ant be done smile smile
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum