Texas Fishing Forum

Fort Phantom

Posted By: coachcrawfish

Fort Phantom - 02/25/24 09:37 PM

I looking for any information on the White Bass on Phantom. I've moved back to the area from Central Texas after 22 years. Things certainly are different.
Posted By: Springcrik

Re: Fort Phantom - 02/27/24 03:43 AM

You can find lots of Phantom Hill info on YouTube by Respect the Fish. Clay used to post regularly here but haven’t seen anything from him in a good while.
Posted By: Big Topwater13

Re: Fort Phantom - 02/27/24 02:25 PM

Hi I sent you a Private Message.
Posted By: BrandoA

Re: Fort Phantom - 02/27/24 06:14 PM

does anyone know if Thomas Whitenton is still guiding on Phantom?
Posted By: HWV5

Re: Fort Phantom - 02/27/24 11:10 PM

BrandoA I'm pretty sure he is look for Slime and Scales Guide service on Facebook.
Posted By: Whistlebritches

Re: Fort Phantom - 02/28/24 01:48 AM

Plenty of hungry white bass.........I just wish the hybrids outnumbered the whites 100-1
Posted By: BrandoA

Re: Fort Phantom - 02/28/24 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by HWV5
BrandoA I'm pretty sure he is look for Slime and Scales Guide service on Facebook.

I did and it re-routes to some beauty store. I tried calling him and texting him and no response
Posted By: gborg

Re: Fort Phantom - 02/28/24 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Whistlebritches
Plenty of hungry white bass.........I just wish the hybrids outnumbered the whites 100-1

Not too man years ago, one could catch over a hundred Hybrids in an entire day of dead sticking ! Too much exposure and anglers keeping way too many fish. The short Hybrids were harvested by the uneducated masses resulting in the once great Fort Phantom Hill Hybrid Heaven to just another white bass reservoir .
Posted By: Sim69z28

Re: Fort Phantom - 02/28/24 03:22 PM

I agree 100% with you gborg. You need to remember how small Ft. phantom is compared to most lakes with hybrids.
Posted By: Whistlebritches

Re: Fort Phantom - 03/02/24 03:49 AM

I don't know if lake size really matters,Miller Creek(2500 acres) used to be a premier hybrid lake til they stopped stocking them in 2017.I can still pick up a limit of 6-10 lb'rs but its a lot of work.Thinking bout a trip there tomorrow
Posted By: gborg

Re: Fort Phantom - 03/02/24 05:10 PM

I don't know if lake size really matters,Miller Creek(2500 acres) used to be a premier hybrid lake til they stopped stocking them in 2017.I can still pick up a limit of 6-10 lb'rs but its a lot of work.Thinking bout a trip there tomorrow

The same profile for Lake Bridgeport. Once was the premier 17 inch Hybrid lake in the state. Any day of the week, three man limit of Hybrids and limits of tank sandies. The time frame was late nineties up to 2016 just prior to the official removal of the bubblers in the damn dam area ! Still able to catch a few , however , they are elusive ! Keith Bunch, a guide for said lake has success !
Posted By: Springcrik

Re: Fort Phantom - 03/02/24 05:20 PM

Millers Creek can kick your can 5 trips in a row and then pay off like a busted slot machine the next time out. Still has some good wipers if you can find em.
Posted By: Catfish_Cayd

Re: Fort Phantom - 03/04/24 02:54 AM

Nope I saw a post a while back on Thomas’s personal Facebook saying he was closed down.
Posted By: Catfish_Cayd

Re: Fort Phantom - 03/04/24 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by gborg

Not too man years ago, one could catch over a hundred Hybrids in an entire day of dead sticking ! Too much exposure and anglers keeping way too many fish. The short Hybrids were harvested by the uneducated masses resulting in the once great Fort Phantom Hill Hybrid Heaven to just another white bass reservoir .

Originally Posted by gborg
[quote=Whistlebritches]Plenty of hungry white bass.........I just wish the hybrids outnumbered the whites 100-1

Yep. Thought it was just me thinking it had gone down hill.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum