Texas Fishing Forum

Fished Tawakoni 7/22/2023 in SeaPro Todd's boat with him and Rick Bookout

Posted By: Dennis Christian

Fished Tawakoni 7/22/2023 in SeaPro Todd's boat with him and Rick Bookout - 07/23/23 12:14 PM

We fished from 7:15 AM to 2:35 PM and caught 222 fish: 202 whites, 12 short hybrids, 2 legal hybrids, and 6 nice yellow bass. We caught fish at Cloud, Sun, Tallman, and Finger Points, and at the Stump. We looked at Greenville Pump Station and for the 1st time I can recall, there were no fish there. We also looked at the Propeller, Wolf Humps, and Holiday Humps and did not find fish there. We used a variety of lures including #4 Mepps, #2 Mepps, BoBlade, and a Mepps look-alike. Some places they wanted the larger lures, and other places they wanted the smaller Mepps #2. We found fish in 10 to 20 fow. The largest white went 16 3/4 inches and the largest hybrid was 23 inches. Here are some pictures of the trip:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Fished Tawakoni 7/22/2023 in SeaPro Todd's boat with him and Rick Bookout - 07/23/23 12:39 PM

Woah nice write up, DC! We did caught fish at the south-most holiday hump, including several quality short hybrids there as seen in the pic above with me and Rick. Fish moved often after good markings so we had to move alot. These two men have won do many hardwares from many white bass tournaments and it took me a while to gather then in my boat. Lol. They are some of the nicest people and professional fish catchers period. fish fish woot

What a fun day! I spent majority of the time hunting for bigs on South structures near deeper waters, otherwise the fish counts with these two men on board would be new rediculously high. Lol

I did fought a huge drag peeler down South on the Windbreaker's white Heybud lure but it shook off after 30 seconds with the landing net on standby DOH!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Book

Re: Fished Tawakoni 7/22/2023 in SeaPro Todd's boat with him and Rick Bookout - 07/23/23 01:16 PM

What a great trip! I always learn something new from Dennis. The way he bends the wire on the Mepps #2 made a big difference for me. Todd is like a bird dog when it comes to finding fish … none better. Great fishing and fellowship. Can’t wait to do it again!
Posted By: Windbreaker

Re: Fished Tawakoni 7/22/2023 in SeaPro Todd's boat with him and Rick Bookout - 07/23/23 01:50 PM

Sounds like a great time! And some good fish! Great work!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Fished Tawakoni 7/22/2023 in SeaPro Todd's boat with him and Rick Bookout - 07/23/23 02:38 PM

Nice post and fish. Good job. thumb
Posted By: pop r

Re: Fished Tawakoni 7/22/2023 in SeaPro Todd's boat with him and Rick Bookout - 07/23/23 03:05 PM

WTG guys. thumb
Posted By: Herbeck's Lonestar Fishing

Re: Fished Tawakoni 7/22/2023 in SeaPro Todd's boat with him and Rick Bookout - 07/23/23 04:27 PM

Great job gentleman!
Posted By: kkc

Re: Fished Tawakoni 7/22/2023 in SeaPro Todd's boat with him and Rick Bookout - 07/26/23 05:52 PM

Great report! Is there a map of all the points you mentioned somewhere? Cloud, Sun, Tallman, and Finger Points, and at the Stump, also wolf humps, propeller? A rough explanation to where they are will help.
Posted By: Dennis Christian

Re: Fished Tawakoni 7/22/2023 in SeaPro Todd's boat with him and Rick Bookout - 07/27/23 03:46 AM

I have not seen one. Maybe a Tawakoni regular has one that shows where most of these general areas are like Sun, Cloud, GPS, Tallman, Propeller, Wolf, Holiday, Finger, and Anchor. The Stump is a very small, "sworn to secret" spot.
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Fished Tawakoni 7/22/2023 in SeaPro Todd's boat with him and Rick Bookout - 07/27/23 12:15 PM

There are so many maps out there that you can purchase or even get them free for any lakes. Just Google them. Most of the spots are labeled and are public like Finger point, Cloud point, Sun Point, Tallman, Wolf, etc etc.

Lake Tawakoni Recreation Map - Sabine River Authority of Texas https://www.sratx.org/wp-content/uploads/LT_RecreationMap.pdf

https://www.thefishinguide.com/lake...ke%20Tawakoni&u=tawakoni_lake_TX.php
Posted By: reelswift

Re: Fished Tawakoni 7/22/2023 in SeaPro Todd's boat with him and Rick Bookout - 07/27/23 01:34 PM

Great fishing. thumb coolphotos
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Fished Tawakoni 7/22/2023 in SeaPro Todd's boat with him and Rick Bookout - 07/28/23 08:33 AM

Great trip Todd👍👍
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum