Texas Fishing Forum

Tawakoni ramp (aka Holiday Marina)

Posted By: jaybob

Tawakoni ramp (aka Holiday Marina) - 03/17/23 11:50 PM

Last summer I noticed Holiday Marina was flattened and a big ol' nice parking lot with 2 ramps took its place, but it wasn't open then. Is it a public ramp and Can you launch from there now?
Posted By: Irishman55

Re: Tawakoni ramp (aka Holiday Marina) - 03/18/23 06:55 PM

I was by two weeks ago and it was still closed. It looks like they are building some type of pavilion
Posted By: Gray_Ghost9

Re: Tawakoni ramp (aka Holiday Marina) - 03/21/23 02:48 PM

I went out there Saturday morning, the gates were locked and there still equipment by the pavilion. The water was flowing over the dam, not many people down there fishing.
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Tawakoni ramp (aka Holiday Marina) - 03/22/23 12:54 AM

Dennis, Cliffshot and i went there a few months ago and saw the same. Progress is slow there for sure
Posted By: Double Row

Re: Tawakoni ramp (aka Holiday Marina) - 04/22/23 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by SeaPro-Todd
Dennis, Cliffshot and i went there a few months ago and saw the same. Progress is slow there for sure

Government at work.

Re: Tawakoni ramp (aka Holiday Marina) - 05/07/23 04:29 AM

Still not open?

Re: Tawakoni ramp (aka Holiday Marina) - 05/26/23 02:06 PM

Have they opened up this ramp yet?
Posted By: Ja5on

Re: Tawakoni ramp (aka Holiday Marina) - 05/28/23 02:02 PM

About a month ago the gate was open and I pulled in. A guy that was working told said it wasn’t open yet but should be this summer.

Re: Tawakoni ramp (aka Holiday Marina) - 06/08/23 08:41 PM

I just called the SRA and the lady that answered said the issue was building materials and contractors. I assume the major cost increases blew their budget and has the facilities on hold. I asked if it would be opening in the foreseeable future, to which she replied no, it won't be anytime soon.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum