Texas Fishing Forum

Thumper and Splasher instructional videos(take #2)

Posted By: ML56

Thumper and Splasher instructional videos(take #2) - 03/14/23 04:15 AM

I had an Oklahoma customer give me a heads up about a YouTube channel called " Boone Boys. " Thought I'd share
this with all of you, in the first video he is actually talking about me, but doesn't really
know who I am. I think those of you curious about these methods can learn a lot from his videos.
He's getting pretty good at making videos, good presentation and editing, all around,
" Boone Boys" by James Boone is very family friendly, hope he does well cheers

He has many more, check him out-( hope I got it right this round smile )- Mike
Posted By: romeroxl1200

Re: Thumper and Splasher instructional videos(take #2) - 03/15/23 07:37 PM

The only thing I do different is use the thumper all year around.....have found using it all year around is it attracts fish...not just hybrid, striper and white bass. it works for LM....
Posted By: scubaarchery

Re: Thumper and Splasher instructional videos(take #2) - 03/17/23 10:28 AM

I use my thumper all year as well. My channel is a little biased smile but I have about 100 thumper videos for sandbass, striper and the occasional catfish…

https://youtube.com/@ThumpemupFishingchannel

I also have a few videos where I don’t use a thumper, such as trolling hell-pets or Umbrella rigs!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Thumper and Splasher instructional videos(take #2) - 03/17/23 12:37 PM

thumb
Posted By: Windbreaker

Re: Thumper and Splasher instructional videos(take #2) - 03/18/23 01:46 AM

I have a bass boat and trying to figure out the best way to mount the splasher. Does anyone have pics of their setups? I researched on the google already and other parts of the forum and didn’t see anything.
Posted By: scubaarchery

Re: Thumper and Splasher instructional videos(take #2) - 03/18/23 03:13 AM

My buddy bolted a mount on top of his fiberglass on his bay boat…
Posted By: Fonso

Re: Thumper and Splasher instructional videos(take #2) - 03/19/23 01:10 AM

most attach them next to the motor on the transom.

Re: Thumper and Splasher instructional videos(take #2) - 03/19/23 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Windbreaker
I have a bass boat and trying to figure out the best way to mount the splasher. Does anyone have pics of their setups? I researched on the google already and other parts of the forum and didn’t see anything.

Windbreaker, here's a few pictures of different ways to mount splasher trolling motors. Will add to post if I can find others. Hunting for picture customer sent with conduit pipe in his gunnel mounted rod holder with a piece of 2" x 6" attached for
motor to clamp on. Seemed to work well as whole thing would slide out of rod holder for traveling. First picture is one from Boone Boys video with motor clamped to power pole arm.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Thumper and Splasher instructional videos(take #2) - 03/19/23 02:27 PM

ML56, I would love to see the rod holder mount if you can find it. I am not sure I have room by the motor. I will check though. Gonna work on it today.

Thanks for the help guys! If you have any other pics, send them my way.

Re: Thumper and Splasher instructional videos(take #2) - 03/19/23 05:20 PM

Found it, this is mount on Lake Fork guides boat. He reported back that splashers help with stubborn black bass too.

I have not seen a picture, but one customer said he clamped two 2" x 4" pieces of wood to boarding ladder on his boat
just above a step on ladder. He drilled holes across and between two boards to make it clamp on tubes supporting rungs.
He just removes it when tubing or skiing on his boat.

[Linked Image]

Re: Thumper and Splasher instructional videos(take #2) - 03/19/23 11:01 PM

I like it! Great ideas!

I do not have a ladder, and I do not have those types of rod holders. So I’m thinking of ways I can mount it to the cleat. Just trying to get as many ideas as possible before I engineer something.

Re: Thumper and Splasher instructional videos(take #2) - 05/06/23 01:25 AM

Adding Youtube channel "Outlaw Anglers" video on putting together a splasher set up

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum