Texas Fishing Forum

What's your favorite on the water running light?

Posted By: Captain Cook

What's your favorite on the water running light? - 01/21/23 07:07 PM

I like to fish at night occasionally and I have bought 4 different light setups for my pontoon to help illuminate what's out in front of me and so far I have been disappointed. So far all the ones I have tried have been LED lights and they just don't work well on the water but they do work great on my zero turn. Looking for something that will light up a decent distance out in front of the boat. I figured I would stop relying on the online reviews and ask the real fishermen from TFF.

I have posted this in the crappie, whites - hybrid - striper, and catfish sections. Just and FYI
Posted By: gborg

Re: What's your favorite on the water running light? - 01/22/23 04:43 PM

Had a stryker T-Top with their lighting package front and rear. Would light up a 50 circle with ease, when returning to launch , other anglers commented, " we thought you were the game warden ". Not saying purchase a T-Top, just first hand knowledge of an option !
Posted By: wearnshaw

Re: What's your favorite on the water running light? - 02/02/23 03:20 PM

How do you have them mounted? If you have them on a burn bar or anywhere a lot of the light is going to reflect of your deck, you are going to blind yourself. If you can mount them on the very front, I’m about to mount some on mine. I have heard halogen spotlights work better than leds on the water but not sure about that.
Posted By: D Miner

Re: What's your favorite on the water running light? - 02/02/23 10:34 PM

I used some of those cube shaped LED lights with a spotlight pattern by Rigid Industries on my boat. They are bolted onto the front deck. I also painted the the part of the deck ahead of the lights black to reduce glare. Very satisfied with this setup. Note that I am going pretty slow at night, just above planing speed.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum