Texas Fishing Forum

Thumper question

Posted By: yankee817299

Thumper question - 01/13/23 02:52 PM

I know that a thumper resonates the thump through the hull of the boat into the water, but could you thump on a pontoon tube and get the same results? I'm sure to do this that the box design that everyone uses would have to change a bit, or could you thump the small bilge area behind the outboard area? Or would a splasher be a better fit for a pontoon?
Posted By: RoadRunnerTR21

Re: Thumper question - 01/13/23 03:03 PM

While I do not have first hand experience, I have seen the thumper used on a pontoon while I have been fishing. So my guess is that it does work.

Re: Thumper question - 01/14/23 04:40 PM

I wonder if the "thump" would resonate through all the structural components of the pontoon to the water?? Going to have to give it a try and see how it goes.
Posted By: M.T.Pockets

Re: Thumper question - 01/14/23 04:48 PM

Yes it will. We have often used a thumper on a pontoon boat. It was placed in various spots on the boat and worked very well in all spots
Posted By: PlanoPaul

Re: Thumper question - 01/14/23 11:55 PM

It absolutely does as I’m using one in the family pontoon boat. Built mine to hit directly on the deck of the boat. Seems to work just fine. Used it in a friend’s Ranger bass boat and worked in it also.
Posted By: scubaarchery

Re: Thumper question - 01/15/23 03:25 AM

Yes thumpers work on pontoons. I have a guide in GA who runs thumpers on both of his…

Re: Thumper question - 01/15/23 04:28 PM

Cool, thanks guys. I'm half way through my build and acquired a new boat, the pontoon. Wasn't quite sure which way to go with the thumper, so it looks I'll continue with my build. Again, thanks for all the replies.
Posted By: jbobo

Re: Thumper question - 01/15/23 08:37 PM

I have many thumper customers who use them on pontoon boats and aluminum boats of different types. They all report great success with it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum