Texas Fishing Forum

Texoma 1/8

Posted By: PlanoPaul

Texoma 1/8 - 01/10/23 03:24 AM

Yesterday evening was about as good as it could get. Calm, cool but not cold, and the fishing was unbelievable. About an hour before the sun went down the entire main lake outside of Little Mineral was completely covered up with birds and the fish were right there under them as always. I’m new to striper fishing, but never thought I would see fish busting the top in 49 degree water, but it was certainly happening. I’ve never seen as many fish on a graph as I saw yesterday; they were absolutely everywhere! What an incredible fishery Texoma is! This is what the graph looked like as I called it quits…..[Linked Image]
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Texoma 1/8 - 01/10/23 03:36 AM

thumb
Posted By: CaptnC

Re: Texoma 1/8 - 01/10/23 12:07 PM

Wow! That awsome!

What method were you catching fish? Throwing top water baits is about as much fun as you can have with your clothes on!
Posted By: PlanoPaul

Re: Texoma 1/8 - 01/10/23 01:09 PM

I think you probably could have caught them on just about anything. I was throwing a fluke just because that’s what I had tied on from deadsticking earlier. Was letting it sink down to 15-20’, then a slow retrieve back. Didn’t take too many turns of the handle before one would grab it.
Posted By: Top_Water_Man

Re: Texoma 1/8 - 01/10/23 03:08 PM

Appreciate your report. Thanks. I have seen something very similar over the last month and half from 377 to Sherwood Shores. I mean the birds seem crazy when feeding.
Posted By: Z71

Re: Texoma 1/8 - 01/10/23 03:54 PM

Great report! Thanks!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum