Texas Fishing Forum

Another Solid day on CCL

Posted By: Herbeck's Lonestar Fishing

Another Solid day on CCL - 12/04/22 05:57 PM

Took off from Log Cabin boat landing yesterday morning about 7am and headed out to try some more Deadsticking for Hybrids. North Winds were pretty stout the 1st few hours but laid down just a bit as the morning went on. We fished form 7am til 11:30am and drifted with drift socks deployed from the mouth of Lynn Creek all the way past Long Ridge over those 4 hrs. We caught 12 hybrids and 80-100 white bass. Deadsticking is on and all fish were caught in 38-45 feet with fish suspended between 22-29 feet. Fishing is great on CCL!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Laner

Re: Another Solid day on CCL - 12/04/22 06:29 PM

I saw y’all coming around Crappie Island as we were headed north. It’s funny to me how different our approaches were, and yet we both had a ton of success. We found all of our sandies and hybrids on humps and flats in front of Key Ranch, with our best depth being 10-14ft.

Keep up the good work man!!
Posted By: Herbeck's Lonestar Fishing

Re: Another Solid day on CCL - 12/04/22 09:16 PM

Appreciate it!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Another Solid day on CCL - 12/05/22 02:29 AM

Solid post and fish. Good job. thumb
Posted By: gborg

Re: Another Solid day on CCL - 12/05/22 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Laner
I saw y’all coming around Crappie Island as we were headed north. It’s funny to me how different our approaches were, and yet we both had a ton of success. We found all of our sandies and hybrids on humps and flats in front of Key Ranch, with our best depth being 10-14ft.

Keep up the good work man!!

You still tossing and winding ? Sassy's in skinny water ??
Posted By: Laner

Re: Another Solid day on CCL - 12/05/22 07:39 PM

Gborg, as of this morning (12/5) on Lake Whitney, yes sir. When I was at Cedar Creek on Saturday morning, we caught all of our fish on tandem rigged Cotton Cordell chrome slabs with a Thump Buddy tied 18” above it. Our best depth at CC on Saturday was 10-14ft.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum