Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Tawakoni Nov. 5-6th

Posted By: Southtxangler22

Lake Tawakoni Nov. 5-6th - 11/07/22 02:27 AM

I fished solo Saturday morning on Lake Tawakoni. I see started down the lake to wolf at first light. Wind was straight out of the North and rollers were rollin. Fortunately it was worth it as the birds began hovering over fish and I was able to throw casting slabs into them and catch several hybrids! Did that for a couple of hours. Then hit the points on the East side of the lake. I caught several more hybrids and even a striper on the points. The sand bass were there and biting as well. When the wind died down, the bite slowed as well. Easy limit of sand bass and hybrids were caught.

Sunday I had guests and I was excited bc Saturday was so good. Wind was polar opposite, coming out of the south. We started on wolf hump and the fish immediately came to the surface. More traffic so the fish didn’t stay up quite as long. We caught the hybrids and sand bass under birds for a solid hour. We fished several points and the numbers of sand bass has definitely gone down from the day before. We still made a nice cooler of selected sand bass. We threw back plenty and kept just enough to make a gallon bag of filets.

Awesome weekend with some challenges to be on Lake Tawakoni!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Lake Tawakoni Nov. 5-6th - 11/07/22 03:51 AM

Well done sir! thumb nice fatties cheers
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Lake Tawakoni Nov. 5-6th - 11/07/22 04:19 AM

Nice post and fish. Good job. thumb
Posted By: gborg

Re: Lake Tawakoni Nov. 5-6th - 11/07/22 11:33 AM

Some tank sandies.
Posted By: bowhunter247

Re: Lake Tawakoni Nov. 5-6th - 11/08/22 11:06 AM

Thanks for the report. Nice catch.
Posted By: BROWNING STRONG

Re: Lake Tawakoni Nov. 5-6th - 11/09/22 04:55 PM

Where is wolf hump ?
Posted By: Dusty W.

Re: Lake Tawakoni Nov. 5-6th - 11/20/22 03:30 AM

Congrats! I have not fish Tawakoni in years but will this spring.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum