Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Grapevine Yesterday...

Posted By: Slacklinedime

Lake Grapevine Yesterday... - 11/04/22 02:27 PM

It was a grind, but very productive.
Started by the dam/ Silver Lake area landed a few small LMB on a White Pearl Fluke they all hit about 8-12ft from the bank working it with 3-4 short taps and a log pause they would hit it on the fall or right as you moved it.
Moved up to the Rocky Point area and it was on like Donkey Kong landed a few very good Sandys on a white and chartreuse Buzz bait with a black Fluke and trailer hook. Then changed over to a bone colored Spook and landed a few more. Then is slowed down, so i stated throwing around a few things, Spinner bait, Fluke, Chatter bait, Jerk bait and a few Crank baits with no luck... So I grabbed a a 1/2oz Bleeding Shad Rat-l-Trap and stared throwing it around the points and BAM! it was on seemed like every other cast was a Sandy or LMB. I spent about 3hr working every point or transition, everyone of them had super aggressive fish on them.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Collindave

Re: Lake Grapevine Yesterday... - 11/04/22 04:14 PM

sounds like you had a good day!! were they just up shallow or were they out a bit deeper?
Posted By: Slacklinedime

Re: Lake Grapevine Yesterday... - 11/04/22 04:56 PM

Most were in the 10 to 15ft range, I did not see a lot of activity deeper than 25ft. What I found that worked the best was fishing the trap almost like a Senko, let it fall, pull up and reel down, repeat.
Posted By: Ed-n-eddy

Re: Lake Grapevine Yesterday... - 11/04/22 06:04 PM

clap thumb terrific report!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum