Texas Fishing Forum

Tawakoni Reports for October 2022

Posted By: Dennis Christian

Tawakoni Reports for October 2022 - 10/24/22 12:40 PM

10/21/2022: I took Lenahorse Larry and 2 dentist friends of Larry's better half (Teresa) on a Tawakoni fishing outing starting at 9 AM. We fished GPS and Cloud until 2:40 PM and caught 123 fish (121 whites). The dentists were ready to call it a day and we took them back to the dock, then Larry and I went back out to GPS from 3 to 5 PM and caught another 83 fish. We used #4 Mepps for the 1st part of the day and #2 Mepps the 2nd trip out. Though we could catch them on either size Mepps, they took the #2 lure more readily.

10/22/2022: I met Jmf3875 (Jon) and his son at 9 AM at 2 mile ramp with the intention of showing them where to fish on Tawakoni and demonstrating the Mepps technique. Problem was it was way too windy and choppy to accomplish it. We tried looking in protected water - Figure 8 and the Stump, but there were no fish there. We found a few on White Stripe and Propeller, but the waves were too big and wind too strong to stay spot-locked, so we gave up around noon and agreed to re-schedule the outing.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Tawakoni Reports for October 2022 - 10/24/22 08:47 PM

thumb
Posted By: goodman_fishing

Re: Tawakoni Reports for October 2022 - 10/25/22 09:18 PM

We are at tawakoni tomorrow and thursday, any tips for targeting fewer but bigger fish? I've never been out there, but would like to find a bigger striper if I could!
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Tawakoni Reports for October 2022 - 10/25/22 11:58 PM

Ya
Originally Posted by goodman_fishing
We are at tawakoni tomorrow and thursday, any tips for targeting fewer but bigger fish? I've never been out there, but would like to find a bigger striper if I could!

Never been out thereā€¦ but want a trophy? Make sure you have a good pair of binoculars. popcorn
Posted By: Dennis Christian

Re: Tawakoni Reports for October 2022 - 10/27/22 03:50 AM

I target white bass on structure, and the hybrids/stripers I catch are running with them.
Posted By: Blue Blazer 2400

Re: Tawakoni Reports for October 2022 - 10/28/22 02:52 PM

Great job Dennis. My wife and I snuck out yesterday and fished from 9:30am to 12:30. First stop was GPS and it was loaded but never got a bite, fished it for about 30 minutes and tried all kinds of lures. I tried a mepps but it was too windy for me to feel anything. Moved south and found another giant school and caught 65 big sandies there and had to leave them biting.
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Tawakoni Reports for October 2022 - 10/31/22 09:29 PM

My last 4 trips on Tawokoni in October, the grand finally, and all trip we caught tripple digits fish and quality fish. I will take my boat to Tawakoni's big brother, Big Texoma, for the remainder of the year. All fish caught at community holes in 7 to 18 fow, from mid morning to late afternoon. Tail spinners caught the most and all sizes. Arig caught more mags and drag peelers.

You guys can have Tawakoni back and all to yo selves while I am gone... and texahoma here I come! Lol

All actors below are TFF celebrities/regulars so I will let you guess who is who. Lol. Good luck guys cheers

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum