Texas Fishing Forum

Where to fish Saturday ?

Posted By: BROWNING STRONG

Where to fish Saturday ? - 10/14/22 11:56 PM

Taking my nephew fishing for his birthday Saturday. Where would you go right now for hybrids and sandies? Twak , Cedar Creek or Richland Chambers? Thanks for any advice gentleman .
Posted By: Dennis Christian

Re: Where to fish Saturday ? - 10/15/22 01:22 AM

TWAK
Posted By: lenahorse

Re: Where to fish Saturday ? - 10/15/22 02:09 AM

Tawakoni
Posted By: gborg

Re: Where to fish Saturday ? - 10/15/22 11:53 AM

Not PK !!!
Posted By: Notaguide

Re: Where to fish Saturday ? - 10/15/22 01:57 PM

have fun in the 25mph winds today
Posted By: Rowdy

Re: Where to fish Saturday ? - 10/15/22 07:49 PM

George

What's up with pk man?
Posted By: gborg

Re: Where to fish Saturday ? - 10/16/22 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Rowdy
George

What's up with pk man?

IDK ! Tons of bait at back of Cedar and Caddo , very few stripes and sandies . Water temps still in mid to upper 70's. The fish are moving at mach 3 and are not setting up on flats, wind blown points or even tree tops. Granted, only fished the hot spots from previous successful years . Crappie and monster blue gill are good in timber and docks .

Re: Where to fish Saturday ? - 10/16/22 03:52 PM

It has been a month since I was there last, certainly doesn't sound as it should. Thanks for the info. I swear these years where we have little to no rain and then we can even add this super hot summer, I think it Jack's everything up.

I noticed the last time I was there, and I was blessed to have stayed a week there, when I loaded up and was wiping my boat all down, that the water had hazed my stainless prop over bad enough that I was going to need some acid to wipe it off with to remove it and get the prop back Shiney. Not that big a deal really, your just not going to remove that any other way and not ruin the finish on the prop. With the acid, you just wipe it right off and then I follow it with window cleaner (sprayway) and wipe dry.

I have seen PK haze my prop before like this many other times over the years, each time there is something going on there that fouls the lake, so to hear you say all this, it doesn't shock me. It never use to do this when I was a kid (60's -70's), never saw the props haze over, till the early 90's was when I saw this start happening ever so often. I hate to hear it for sure, as I grew up there on the lake right out the back door and naturally love the lake lol...

I had not heard about any of this on pk. Thanks for the info. If we can ever get some big rain up on the water shed of the lake, more specifically the Brazos River, not necessarily the local water shead, and it run through the lake some, maybe that would help balance out the water of the lake. Heck I know all the lakes I fish are low and have been since the last part of June. So I am sure all our lakes in Texas needs some good rain.
Posted By: rebait

Re: Where to fish Saturday ? - 10/18/22 12:00 PM

What kind of acid are you using?
Posted By: TRH (formerly xpress00)

Re: Where to fish Saturday ? - 10/18/22 05:53 PM

Just be careful. Wind isn't looking too friendly this weekend.
Posted By: chrisc/striper express guide service

Re: Where to fish Saturday ? - 10/18/22 10:15 PM

Try stuff at dollar tree called totally awesome…spray on wipe off all that funk.

Re: Where to fish Saturday ? - 10/19/22 02:40 AM

I get the acid at home depot or Lowes, Muriatic acid.

Now this stuff will mess you up, so use outside only and you don't breathe the fumes of it, nor do you get it on you, PERIOD... It will mess up your driveway also, so beware.

That white chalky crud that builds up on the midsection of our outboard motors, comes right off, doesn't hurt paint. Use a plastic bottle you cut the top out of, like a Gatorade drink or... Buy some cheap paint brushes to paint the acid on and let if foam. Then rinse with water. No scrubbing, just paint it on and then rinse with water.

It's just that easy, you just have to be careful with it. I wet my driveway area before using it, so as it drips on the concrete, it Jack's that up. So work over dirt or gravel is better...

Re: Where to fish Saturday ? - 10/19/22 12:11 PM

Thanks. I sell muriatic acid. Never heard of this use. I would have thought it to be too harsh. Do you dilute or use full strength?
Posted By: Notaguide

Re: Where to fish Saturday ? - 10/19/22 12:24 PM

Must be making a killing on it at 12 bucks a gallon

Re: Where to fish Saturday ? - 10/19/22 08:41 PM

I pay $5.99 + 6% freight and sell it for $9.99 Not a killing maybe just a mugging. True Value Taylor ,Tx

Re: Where to fish Saturday ? - 10/19/22 10:25 PM

Just read this off the TPWD website, this will probably really mess up all the fishing at PK, doesn't say how much they are going to lower it.

GOOD. Water lightly stained; 70-73 degrees; 4.63 feet low. Striper fishing is still slow trolling with chartreuse, white, or yellow jigs and live bait. Lots of traveling to catch fish. Sand bass are a little slow but catching a few fish using small chartreuse and white jigs and slabs. Catfish are good on points and flats in 20-30 feet of deep, fishing shad 5-10 feet off the bottom. Water clarity is 3-6 feet of water. Water levels will be dropping quickly for a while. The Brazos River Authority is dropping the lake level. Report by TJ Ranft, Ranft Guide Service.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum