Texas Fishing Forum

Rods at Academy

Posted By: NTX Angler

Rods at Academy - 12/10/06 07:20 PM

Now is a great time to replace some of those worn out rods. Acedemy has AllStar rods for $29.88 I bought all they had at the store on the toll way. All but the 7 foot extra heavies. Also have American Rods, I think is the name, looks like a nice rod reg price 100 on sale 29.88.
Posted By: iamquockie

Re: Rods at Academy - 12/11/06 12:10 AM

xmas special or something? AllStars are usually 49.98

Re: Rods at Academy - 12/11/06 07:28 AM

I guess there just trying to get rid of some old rods. I bought 2 last week at 49.98, and those are still 49.98. However the blue AS American Classics are 29.88. I also got the last emerald series for 29.88. They just put them on sale and there going fast.
Posted By: 9874opf

Re: Rods at Academy - 12/11/06 01:32 PM

What Academy are you going to Letsgo? THat way I wont waste any time checking that one. Another good deal is the Quantum Inferno spinning reel for 49 at Dick's

Re: Rods at Academy - 12/11/06 03:25 PM

All I know about is the one off the toll way and Parker (That would be in Plano). I heard one off Matlock was doing the same. Usually if one Academy is doing it, all are.
Posted By: Toon-Troller

Re: Rods at Academy - 12/11/06 03:41 PM

OH how I wished I had not clicked on this post! cry

I bought a Emerald last week! On Sale $79.00 blush

Re: Rods at Academy - 12/11/06 05:29 PM

yea I just checked out the store on matlock, they have 6 or 7 left, but they were spinning rods. They have one baitcast rod but it had a short handle, not my style. I ended up getting a berkley cherrywood series 7 ft medium action for 18 bucks. There is also a shimano bait caster, I forgot wat series it was regular price $89 and now its $49. I came real close to buying it but didn't.

Re: Rods at Academy - 12/11/06 05:29 PM

the all-stars are 24.98 and the american rodsmiths are 29.98
Posted By: Kingfisher196

Re: Rods at Academy - 12/11/06 06:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Toontroller

If you still have your reciept take it back, they should refund you the difference. I've heard Academy is a lot like Wal-Mart as far as returns go.
Posted By: Toon-Troller

Re: Rods at Academy - 12/11/06 07:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Kingfisher196
Originally Posted By: Toontroller

If you still have your reciept take it back, they should refund you the difference. I've heard Academy is a lot like Wal-Mart as far as returns go.

bang Work gets in the way of the important things bang

Edit: by the way, good to put a face with a name Kingfisher!

Re: Rods at Academy - 12/11/06 07:55 PM

the store on 820 has some good ones left. go check it out guys.

edit: in fort worth--on 820 and holiday or rufe snow
Posted By: Flies-By-Night

Re: Rods at Academy - 12/11/06 08:16 PM

the thing i love about academy is that they give you a new rod free if you break it, one time i was at a pond near my house and i casted into a fountain and tried to get it undone, steped on and it snapped into 2 peacies, went to academy and they gave me a 77 dollar rod FREE it was awsome.
Posted By: mbsfish

Re: Rods at Academy - 12/11/06 08:42 PM

I have a broken Allstar that I bought from academy a few years ago, do you think i could still take it back for a new one? Do you need the receipt?
Posted By: 9874opf

Re: Rods at Academy - 12/11/06 08:46 PM

Well if it is more than a year old they have probably discontinued that rod and will give you $9.88 in credit. Your best bet is to send it back to the manufacturer and they will send you a new one -- thats what I did with a Falcon rod--$20 and I had a new one.
Posted By: XYZ

Re: Rods at Academy - 12/11/06 09:51 PM

King take it back with a reciept and they will give you your money back or honor the new price...

Re: Rods at Academy - 12/11/06 10:08 PM

I think its worth a shot. How about cabelas? I have a diawa 10' surf rod that broke when I set the hook. I don't have the receipt and I bought it about 6 months ago and used it twice. It broke where the top piece goes inside the bottom piece. Whaddya guys think? Its a $90 pole that just sits there and looks pretty.
Posted By: XYZ

Re: Rods at Academy - 12/11/06 11:26 PM

Man take it back I have seen guys take back 2 year old boots back to Cabela's... Cabela's is very good about taking things back. I bought a depth finder that did not work well, when I took it back I had banged up the transducer and they did not care they took it back... tell them you wnat a store credit and you got it made....

Re: Rods at Academy - 12/12/06 12:56 AM

all I want is another pole I can use that is about the same caliber.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum