Texas Fishing Forum

Cooper lake starting point

Posted By: Sandbasstard

Cooper lake starting point - 06/27/22 08:35 PM

Hello Everyone it’s been a LONG time since I’ve been on the good ole TFF. I recently moved up to Honey Grove and want try fishing Cooper since I’m a lot closer these days. I’ve never fished on the lake itself, just behind the spillway years ago. I’m not looking for specific spots or honey holes, just a general good starting point to look for fish this time of year. Also, how is the boat launch at Doctors creek? Thank y’all for any help you might be able to throw my way.
Posted By: slim1

Re: Cooper lake starting point - 06/28/22 12:02 PM

The ramp is fine. Sandbass are biting early in the morning and late afternoon on points. I don't know for sure but they should be on the humps all day. When you come out of the ramp turn left. The first point is where I caught 40 a couple of weeks ago about an hour before dark.
Posted By: Sandbasstard

Re: Cooper lake starting point - 06/28/22 04:51 PM

Thank you Slim, I sure do appreciate it.
Posted By: Double Row

Re: Cooper lake starting point - 06/29/22 07:43 PM

I heard some 3rd hand information that a friend of mine has a friend that caught about a dozen hybrids last weekend. Unfortunately, I don't have details, but did see a picture of them.
Posted By: slim1

Re: Cooper lake starting point - 06/30/22 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Double Row
I heard some 3rd hand information that a friend of mine has a friend that caught about a dozen hybrids last weekend. Unfortunately, I don't have details, but did see a picture of them.

I've been catching a few hybrids but they are all 12-15 inches long. They have been in schools of Sandbass. Got to be careful not to throw one of them in your live well.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum