Texas Fishing Forum

Bluetooth speaker as a thumper?

Posted By: LordoftheMorning

Bluetooth speaker as a thumper? - 06/06/22 02:50 PM

Has anyone used a plain old bluetooth speaker as a thumper for sandbass? Dedicated thumpers are pretty expensive and I fish alone sometimes so banging with an oar isnt a great option. Would love to throw a sandbass loop I found on youtube or something on and bring em up.

Also, took a trip with John Varner this weekend and he thumped them up like a pro, I highly recommend hiring him, we caught a ton of fish and taught me a lot as well.
Posted By: Jeff Schiller

Re: Bluetooth speaker as a thumper? - 06/06/22 03:10 PM

I've used a bluetooth speaker before. I don't know if it helped or not. But you can definitely do it. I just used a metronome app on my phone to drop the beat.

Re: Bluetooth speaker as a thumper? - 06/06/22 03:12 PM

That is a good idea, thank you. I know for a fact that guide beating on the boat this weekend brought em up, hopefully this speaker can mimic that.
Posted By: fishrdude

Re: Bluetooth speaker as a thumper? - 06/06/22 05:54 PM

Read the grapevine lake 2022 thread in this section. Prosise tells you how to do it. I have been fishing with one and it works.
Posted By: LastCastPodcast

Re: Bluetooth speaker as a thumper? - 06/06/22 06:09 PM

I tried a bluetooth speaker on Lake Travis once, on the theory that it would make the catfish and bluegills think a party barge was dropping snacks overboard. Loaded it up with two hours of EDM. It was _super_ annoying. But it did seem to trigger some bites.
Posted By: S5Locks.com

Re: Bluetooth speaker as a thumper? - 06/06/22 06:18 PM

I'm actually building one. Just need to pick up a cheap motor. Have the controller etc. I think I have $25 in it so far. Need to buy the motor and battery.
Posted By: DaveS

Re: Bluetooth speaker as a thumper? - 06/08/22 05:01 PM

Yes, metronome with a kick drum. I set it in the middle box of my bass boat. Can barely hear it with the box lid down, but it pounds.
Posted By: learnin to fish

Re: Bluetooth speaker as a thumper? - 06/08/22 07:26 PM

Splasher works great in warmer weather for me. I can see them respond on my active imaging as soon as I turn it on. I thump in the colder months.
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Bluetooth speaker as a thumper? - 06/08/22 11:06 PM

Yep! It sure does work… plus a golf club shaft without the head . Use grip side for deeper thumps on cadence with base or quick shallow with head side. Pretty annoying. With loud music but it works in my neck of the woods.
Posted By: rkd

Re: Bluetooth speaker as a thumper? - 06/09/22 02:54 PM

Definitely look up Prosise under Grapevine reports...he's been experimenting with the speaker set up and has great intel on what works and what doesn't.
Posted By: z289sec

Re: Bluetooth speaker as a thumper? - 06/10/22 01:08 AM

I've used a thumper before, and never been able to pull fish in, or keep them under the boat once found. In fact, I've caught less fish on the times I have used it, then when I don't. I've stopped trying it, it's now forever a dust collector.

Re: Bluetooth speaker as a thumper? - 06/11/22 04:54 PM

It worked! I had them under the boat for half an hour and made rain. Thanks y’all.
Posted By: RoadRunnerTR21

Re: Bluetooth speaker as a thumper? - 06/11/22 06:00 PM

What kind of speaker did you use? What app did you use?

Re: Bluetooth speaker as a thumper? - 06/13/22 06:48 PM

I have a jambox by jawbone, probably 10 years old but has decent bass. I downloaded the first metronome app and used that. I also used my feet. Good luck!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum