Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Tawakoni Hints?

Posted By: Hewey64

Lake Tawakoni Hints? - 04/26/22 03:18 PM

Heading to Lake Tawakoni this coming weekend and I am looking for some hints/tips on where they may be biting and what is working well.
Posted By: floydster

Re: Lake Tawakoni Hints? - 04/26/22 08:09 PM

You did say what your targeting? I fish Whitney and fish are biting all over the lake. I striper fish, use 4”-5” swim baits on umbrella rigs. Been having good luck. Guides. And some others fish shad and have better luck.
Posted By: bjw

Re: Lake Tawakoni Hints? - 04/26/22 08:12 PM

I hear the shad are spawning shallow right now at Twok. I have always had luck at the slabs this time of year with a slab for sandbass/hybrid and floating shad or stinkbait for cats.
Posted By: z289sec

Re: Lake Tawakoni Hints? - 04/26/22 11:15 PM

Shad are and have been spawning for at least two weeks. They were spawning when I was there, Easter weekend.
Posted By: lenahorse

Re: Lake Tawakoni Hints? - 04/27/22 02:45 PM

Went yesterday best advice is just go. The fishing is very good, we caught all over the lake..
Posted By: lenahorse

Re: Lake Tawakoni Hints? - 04/27/22 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Hewey64
Heading to Lake Tawakoni this coming weekend and I am looking for some hints/tips on where they may be biting and what is working well.

Might look at the winds 1st.
Posted By: D Miner

Re: Lake Tawakoni Hints? - 04/27/22 04:57 PM

Fishing by the rip rap of the dam can be very productive during the spring time.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Lake Tawakoni Hints? - 04/27/22 06:02 PM

was out there yesterday. search the points for fish and go to town with slabs. watch what side you launch from, as the wind makes huge rollers on that lake.
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Lake Tawakoni Hints? - 04/28/22 06:03 PM

The pattern is about few weeks behind but the catching is good now. Was out Tuesday and easy catching at community holes even the kiddos can catch em. Marked fish as shallow as 11 fow now and easier to catch when they get that shallow. Be careful on the winds! Good luck.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Holzer

Re: Lake Tawakoni Hints? - 04/29/22 04:45 PM

When the shad are spawning up in the shallows, I like to go catfishing.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum