Texas Fishing Forum

Question about wind and how it effects bite.

Posted By: Catfish_Cayd

Question about wind and how it effects bite. - 04/06/22 01:13 AM

Hello everyone! New to the forum. I had a question about wind shift and how it effects fish bite. This week for example, is north winds everyday with Saturday the wind switching to the south. Any predictions on what this will do to hybrid/striper/white bass bite? Thanks.
Posted By: romeroxl1200

Re: Question about wind and how it effects bite. - 04/06/22 01:46 AM

just my experience and I have been targeting hybrids and white bass..for 2 years.....To thump or not to thump?.....my experience is a SE wind is nice for a consistent bite without a thumper, but I normally go when no wind and use a thumper and always catch fish.....maybe 4 in 4 hours, maybe 40 in 4 hours...wind or no wind with thumpers...depending on spot I decide to spot lock.....
Posted By: prosise

Re: Question about wind and how it effects bite. - 04/06/22 02:12 AM

Wind is structure, anything that breaks up the surface decreases light penetration. Wind is your friend, to an extent. Stay on the windy side of the lake.
Posted By: z289sec

Re: Question about wind and how it effects bite. - 04/10/22 07:47 PM

When it keeps you off the lake till the water temp hits 80 plus, it definitely effects it in a negative way. Doesn't seem to show much in the way of letting up any time soon.
Posted By: Kidstriper

Re: Question about wind and how it effects bite. - 04/11/22 12:00 AM

Wind is definitely your friend! Especially this time of year. It can turn the bite around for the better. All my record breaking fish(my personal best records) came on windy days. It also helps you narrow down where the bait is hanging out. Windy point etc... If your fishing a day where wind changes direction dramatically you can struggle a bit, but hang in there, the big stripers are feeding. Good luck!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum