Texas Fishing Forum

Thumping

Posted By: DaveS

Thumping - 03/18/22 01:59 AM

Do you thump year round? Just dead sticking?
Posted By: beltonbill

Re: Thumping - 03/18/22 12:44 PM

Thump only when you want to catch more fish.
Posted By: Fonso

Re: Thumping - 03/20/22 03:09 AM

Year round. doesn't always help, but never hurts
Posted By: scubaarchery

Re: Thumping - 03/20/22 03:19 AM

I thump all year round. It almost always brings fish in but doesn’t always make them bite… I will use it spotlocked or drifting.
Posted By: jbobo

Re: Thumping - 03/23/22 11:48 AM

I thump every trip all year even trolling up to 6.5 mph
Posted By: gborg

Re: Thumping - 03/23/22 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by DaveS

Thumping while dead sticking or live baiting in water with depths of 30 feet or more seems to be the most productive

Re: Thumping - 03/23/22 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by gborg

Thumping while dead sticking or live baiting in water with depths of 30 feet or more seems to be the most productive

I thump in water that is 10 ft deep and catch stripers almost every cast in the spring and summer many times.
Posted By: romeroxl1200

Re: Thumping - 03/23/22 01:54 PM

Always since I started running with a thumper on the boat....has produced fish everytime without fail.....I mean I thought Spot lock, 4 stroke motors, down scan was a game changer.......Ive tried it both starting and not starting thumping on a fishing trip....when nothing else works, thumping brings fish in and since I use a smorgabob of baits with me ever time....it puts fish in the boat without a doubt....at least for my boat it really lights up the screen.

Re: Thumping - 03/24/22 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by romeroxl1200
Always since I started running with a thumper on the boat....has produced fish everytime without fail.....I mean I thought Spot lock, 4 stroke motors, down scan was a game changer.......Ive tried it both starting and not starting thumping on a fishing trip....when nothing else works, thumping brings fish in and since I use a smorgabob of baits with me ever time....it puts fish in the boat without a doubt....at least for my boat it really lights up the screen.

clap
Posted By: gborg

Re: Thumping - 03/24/22 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by jbobo

I thump in water that is 10 ft deep and catch stripers almost every cast in the spring and summer many times.

Glad you didn't state " all the time " !! I know better !
Posted By: 10percent

Re: Thumping - 03/24/22 01:50 PM

Thump till you need glasses......I apologize

Re: Thumping - 03/24/22 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by jbobo

Glad you didn't state " all the time " !! I know better !

I’ve learned a few things since we fished together last. Lol
I can say I’ve caught 100’s of stripers in shallow water in the winter at night.
Posted By: scubaarchery

Re: Thumping - 03/27/22 03:16 AM

[align:left][/align]Fishing has been tough sometimes on Texoma but the thumper helped Brad from Circle B Guide Service this afternoon! [Linked Image]

Spring fishing is about to kick off in earnest so get yourself a thumper… you won’t regret it!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum