Texas Fishing Forum

Bait Tank Help

Posted By: theduke

Bait Tank Help - 03/11/22 04:33 PM

I bought a Grayline Bait tank the other day with the pump and all the original stuff that comes with a bait tank from a garage sale. There was another product in there that looks to be pretty old and I’m trying to figure out what it is and looking for any information on the device. I would appreciate any info you guys could give me. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Blue Blazer 2400

Re: Bait Tank Help - 03/11/22 04:38 PM

No clue but my 50 gallon grey line does not have it. You might try contacting grey line and see if it was something they put in their old tanks?
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Bait Tank Help - 03/11/22 04:56 PM

Call grayline. They have helped me out a few times.

Roger Cornelson
13984 Country Club Drive
Kingston, Oklahoma 73439
Office: 580-920-2085
~or~ 580-920-2085
Posted By: CarolinaPartimer

Re: Bait Tank Help - 03/11/22 04:59 PM

Looks like it may be a submersible axillary filter. If there is filter media coiled up or otherwise positioned behind those slits in the lower part, and a 12v. aerator pump built into the top of it, that's probably what it was intended for. Apply 12v. to it, and see what it does. Interesting to see this post, because I built one very similar to this idea several years back from PVC pipe, and it works very well!
Since you got it at a garage sale along with the Grayline, the two may or may not have been used together. If everything works on the Grayline, you just got yourself an extra filter. smile
Posted By: Kevin Mac

Re: Bait Tank Help - 03/13/22 08:23 PM

The Frisky Filter was fabricated some 25-30 years ago. This was the state of the art filter that kept shad alive because it filtered as well as aerated the tank.
They sold in north Texas at a few of the big outdoor tackle shops for about $90.00. The filter was never used in conjunction with any other filter.
I still have one-although slightly modified.
Posted By: Holzer

Re: Bait Tank Help - 03/14/22 02:39 PM

Something extra that the previous owner installed.
Clean the filter more often or don't overload your tank with shad and you'll be fine without it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum