Texas Fishing Forum

Wind on Whitney this weekend

Posted By: AW1511

Wind on Whitney this weekend - 02/28/22 11:24 PM

Looking at the weather for this weekend is showing gusts around 25 all weekend. Is my weather accurate and will most people be avoiding the water? I am newer to tracking wind and weather systems on the lake.
Probably best to get on the water Wednesday or Thursday if you can?

I have found this webpage to be pretty useful. https://www.radar-live.com/p/atmospheric-pressure.html

Thanks!
Posted By: TRH (formerly xpress00)

Re: Wind on Whitney this weekend - 03/01/22 06:17 PM

If you go, just pick your launch points wisely and pick lauch points close to fishable water with wind breaks. Right now, I'm seeing wind forcasted sustained from 12-18 with gusts to 25 on Saturday, and Sunday is forcasting 20-25 sustained with gusts to almost 40. All primarily from the south.
Posted By: LordoftheMorning

Re: Wind on Whitney this weekend - 03/01/22 06:46 PM

It is a little early for weather predictions still but it is not looking great, maybe we will get lucky Saturday morning.
Posted By: Texas Grown

Re: Wind on Whitney this weekend - 03/02/22 12:26 AM

That lake can get dangerously rough with a 20+ MPH wind. Especially in smaller craft.
Posted By: TRH (formerly xpress00)

Re: Wind on Whitney this weekend - 03/04/22 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by AW1511
Looking at the weather for this weekend is showing gusts around 25 all weekend. Is my weather accurate and will most people be avoiding the water? I am newer to tracking wind and weather systems on the lake.
Probably best to get on the water Wednesday or Thursday if you can?

I have found this webpage to be pretty useful. https://www.radar-live.com/p/atmospheric-pressure.html

Thanks!

forecast hasn't changed any. 15-20 sustained, gusting 25-30. If you still go, choose a ramp out of the wind and close to an area with a wind break you want to fish. Open water with that wind on Whitney will be quite sporty.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum