Texas Fishing Forum

Central Texas Fishing Summary – Week of 14 – 20 February – 138 Fish

Posted By: Holding The Line

Central Texas Fishing Summary – Week of 14 – 20 February – 138 Fish - 02/21/22 10:54 PM

Central Texas Fishing Summary – Week of 14 – 20 February – 138 Fish

TOTAL CATCH FOR THE WEEK: 138 FISH – 100% caught & released

TRIPS RUN: 2 trips

AVERAGE CATCH PER TRIP: 69 fish/trip

ONE SENTENCE SUMMARY: This week’s trips were “hand-picked” based on weather so I could fish with my clients under pre-frontal conditions; those without flexible schedules were rescheduled to avoid fishing in the calm, clear, cold conditions following the fronts; white, 5/8 oz. Bladed Hazy Eye Slabs worked slowly upwards off bottom in conjunction with Garmin LiveScope was the ticket to success.

[Linked Image]

TUESDAY AM PHOTO CAPTION: Andy Maindelle of north Austin came solo this past Tuesday morning and took 63 fish on Lake Belton using the 5/8 oz. white Bladed Hazy Eye Slab worked slowly up off bottom to tempt fish during a lull between fronts.

[Linked Image]

THURSDAY AM PHOTO CAPTION: Kenny McLaughlin and his son, Clayton, fished with me this past Thursday morning and took 75 fish on Lake Belton using the 5/8 oz. white Bladed Hazy Eye Slab worked slowly up off bottom to tempt fish just before and during the most recent cold front's arrival. Water temperature was 50.8 from top to bottom in 65'.

TRIP SUMMARIES:

TUESDAY AM
Who: Andy Maindelle
What: 63 fish,including 8 freshwater drum, 2 largemouth bass, and 53 white bass
Where: Lake Belton
When: AM
How: Fishing white 5/8 oz. Bladed Hazy Eye Slabs vertically 100% of the time on edges of mid-depth flats in 31’ to 41’.
Full story: Full Story

THURSDAY AM
Who: Kenny and Clayton McLaughlin
What: 75 fish, including 9 freshwater drum and 66 white bass.
Where: Lake Belton
When: AM
How: Fishing white 5/8 oz. Bladed Hazy Eye Slabs vertically 100% of the time on edges of mid-depth flats in 31’ to 41’.
Full story: Full Story

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

FIND MAL LURES AND BLADED HAZY EYE SLABS HERE: White Bass Tools
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum